Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Sizing heres my breakdown. I like my shoes to fit snug. I always have worn a size 9 from the V to the X. After shooting and playing around in the size 9 I don't feel its justified to go down a half size, the extra dead space in the toe is there, but not enough imo to go down .5. 

Oh man, you have me questioning going down a half size now. :smh:

Obviously there have been better deals but do u guys think with 23penny being sold out that going for the 15% off on ebay and the 8% on mr rebates is the best deal out there. Ive decided to keep my Achilles heel but now I want to get the best deal possible.

I ship to Oregon so I don't worry about tax which can be nice.

Does Mr Rebates work on new Kobes? Their restrictions say that it's not eligible for shoes that are on the "Release Report"

Does Mr Rebates work on new Kobes? Their restrictions say that it's not eligible for shoes that are on the "Release Report"
I thought it did. Others would know better than me though. I just know it says for sure about not getting discounts on Jordans

Edit: Just checked again and your correct nothing on the release report...

Last edited:

Obviously there have been better deals but do u guys think with 23penny being sold out that going for the 15% off on ebay and the 8% on mr rebates is the best deal out there. Ive decided to keep my Achilles heel but now I want to get the best deal possible.

I ship to Oregon so I don't worry about tax which can be nice.
I think anywhere between 150-170 is a great deal for the achilles right now.

Disagree, looks like a cheap paint job on the derozen London pair

Last edited:
Sizing..
I just recieved my Achilles heel in my true size . And I must say, compared to the IX, there is probably a tiny bit more room between the big toe to the end of the shoe (Barely..2-3mm's). The thumbnail rule does still apply, which is good. The width is narrow & snug and my foot doesn't slide around at all. I know if I were to .5 size down it would be a more 'snug' fit but it definitely would sacrifice wear time as it would definitely cause irritation to your toes overtime from rubbing. Because remember guys, the stuff they use in flyknit basketball shoes make the upper stiff and less stretchy compared to a runner or the fly weave used in the Jordan xx9-xxx. It seems even with break-in, this upper won't give that much to a point where it would change the fitment to a lesser degree. Overall, I say stay TRUE!

Last edited:
that purple pair looks dope on feet.

what are we calling them? inlines?

also, they look a lot like these from back in the day. :lol:

Nike-Zoom-Flight-2K3.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone playing much in these? Curious how traction is doing. A lot of differing opinions from what I've read.

Put the full Zoom insoles from my Lebron XI Kings Pride inside my Achilles Heels and they actually work pretty well. It's a tighter fit but not bad since these tend to run a tad long. The red insole from the KP matches the shoe well IMO.

Back
Top Bottom