Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
No problem. If you want any other angles or anything lemme know and I can take them. Sorry for the crappy quality they're just phone pictures haha.

These things are definitely beautiful in person and a proper tribute to the Bruce Lee V unlike the IX EM :smh:
My favorite part is the embroidered scratches on the heel. Glad they didn't go cheap with stickers for that part. I still give the edge to the BL V but the XI isn't far off. I love both pairs though. I will definitely double up on the XI like I did with the V eventually. Hoping for a second pair down the line on sale.

View media item 1948758View media item 1948759View media item 1948760View media item 1948761View media item 1948762View media item 1948763View media item 1948764View media item 1948765View media item 1948767

Damn these pics making it really hard to say no to these :/

RIP my bank acct this month

Whelp. I'm doubling up on the Bruce Lees. I said I wasn't going to double on anything, but I'm gonna regret not having a DS pair of these a few years from now.

Yo guys I'm sure everyone's gonna fight and go nuts in this but rank the Kobe's 1-11 based on whatever. Aesthetics, performance, sentimental reasons, a combo, whatever just rank them. My list based in a combination of all 3 I just mentioned are :
1) 6
2) 8
3) 9
4) 5
5) 11
6) 4
7) 7
8) 1
9) 10
10) 3
11) 2
I havent collected sneakers long enough to know all the earlier Kobe shoes. I got a 9, 10 and 11 and I like the 11 best.

I havent collected sneakers long enough to know all the earlier Kobe shoes. I got a 9, 10 and 11 and I like the 11 best.
You need to try on the 8s
pimp.gif
.  Easily my favorite basketball sneaker of all time.

Whelp. I'm doubling up on the Bruce Lees. I said I wasn't going to double on anything, but I'm gonna regret not having a DS pair of these a few years from now.
I dont know how some of yall double up on shoes. I havent been collecting shoes long enough but all my sneaks in the past 2 years still look very clean.

I double up so I can ball without worry.
Ok I see. Sadly I dont even ball with Kobes I like them casually worn and want to keep them clean for longer. I hoop with my Curry 1s. I might try to hoop with my 11s. IDK about my BL but achilles heel for sure.

Ok I see. Sadly I dont even ball with Kobes I like them casually worn and want to keep them clean for longer. I hoop with my Curry 1s. I might try to hoop with my 11s. IDK about my BL but achilles heel for sure.
I understand that. When I first got into sneakers I was all about hooping in them and not really caring about keeping them nice but I would only wear them when I went to the gym and balled or worked out. I would never wear them casually.

I still have a hard time wearing my Kobe's casually because I use sneakers as motivation to get into the gym so going to the gym is an incentive to wear my kicks. Kinda stupid lol but I enjoy the gym anyways. When it comes to keeping my kicks nice I am now 50/50. When a new model comes out I always designate a pair that I'm gonna continually ball in. This year I picked the Achilles, last year was blue lagoon, and inspirations for the 9's. I buy others to wear and workout in and ill play ball in them some times but if its a league game or I know I'm going to hoop I bring my designated pairs.

The exception to the rule is when I double up. When I double up I work them into the gym rotation. Sorry for the long post lol

TL;DR I wear some kicks to ball in and others to workout in. Don't really wear the kicks outdoors.

I understand that. When I first got into sneakers I was all about hooping in them and not really caring about keeping them nice but I would only wear them when I went to the gym and balled or worked out. I would never wear them casually.

I still have a hard time wearing my Kobe's casually because I use sneakers as motivation to get into the gym so going to the gym is an incentive to wear my kicks. Kinda stupid lol but I enjoy the gym anyways. When it comes to keeping my kicks nice I am now 50/50. When a new model comes out I always designate a pair that I'm gonna continually ball in. This year I picked the Achilles, last year was blue lagoon, and inspirations for the 9's. I buy others to wear and workout in and ill play ball in them some times but if its a league game or I know I'm going to hoop I bring my designated pairs.

The exception to the rule is when I double up. When I double up I work them into the gym rotation. Sorry for the long post lol

TL;DR I wear some kicks to ball in and others to workout in. Don't really wear the kicks outdoors.
I hear ya, Im the same as far as wearing nice kicks to the gym but I mainly wear runners (flyknit racers) or metcons to lift and dont hoop too often like before. Kobes pretty much are worn casually and occasionally to hoop. Currys are my designated hoop shoes. I like to think my shooting percentge increase by 10% with them LOL.

I'm late to the party on 11's .. Still haven't purchased a pair, but being a massive Kobe sneaker fan, I gotta try them !

Can anyone tell me if they fit the same as 8s & 10's ? Did y'all go with the same size ?

I'm late to the party on 11's .. Still haven't purchased a pair, but being a massive Kobe sneaker fan, I gotta try them !

Can anyone tell me if they fit the same as 8s & 10's ? Did y'all go with the same size ?
Most people go TTS, but I would highly recommend you to try them on in a store, before you order a pair online.

Some guys in here went up a half size. It really depends on your feet.

I go TTS in the 11s (like I did in the 10s) and I have narrow feet.

Last edited:
I dont know how some of yall double up on shoes. I havent been collecting shoes long enough but all my sneaks in the past 2 years still look very clean.

Even though I wear everything I buy, I double up sometimes because I have shoes that primarily serve as collection pieces (and, honestly, that part of my collection is largely about to be sold off now that I'm moving into jobs where I can't wear sneakers regularly) and shoes that I wear basically every day. I tend to have 5-10 pairs of shoes that at any time I am working out in and otherwise absolutely beating into the ground. Since these Bruce Lees are going to be part of both the "collect" and "beat into the ground" parts of my collection, I'm buying two pair.

Last edited:
My list overall (combining performance and aestethics)

1 ) V
2 ) VI
3 ) X (slightly better performance than the VI, but colorways left alot to be desired)
4 ) IX
5 ) IV
6 ) XI
7 ) I
8 ) VII (galaxy FTW)
9 through the rest- don't know don't care unless I see a fire colorway. Havent hooped in anything other than the VIII out of the rest, and I hated them. The others dont do it for me aesthetically.

My list overall (combining performance and aestethics)

1 ) V
2 ) VI
3 ) X (slightly better performance than the VI, but colorways left alot to be desired)
4 ) IX
5 ) IV
6 ) XI
7 ) I
8 ) VII (galaxy FTW)
9 through the rest- don't know don't care unless I see a fire colorway. Havent hooped in anything other than the VIII out of the rest, and I hated them. The others dont do it for me aesthetically.

You think the x performs better than the 6?

Back
Top Bottom