Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
the ankle padding looks thicker on the XI...could be the reason why the shoe is slightly longer

Quick drop-in midsole comparison shots w/ a Kobe 8 -- the heel/midfoot zone definitely thicker lunar but the forefoot is similar in thickness to the Kobe 8's

View media item 1846092View media item 1846093

View media item 1846094View media item 1846095

It'll be helpful if you labeled which was which. Instead of guessing which midsole was the 8 or 11.

You must be knew to the Kobe line then..

I'm disappointed. Basketball is played on your toes. Forefoot zoom is more important. Let's hope full length zoom inserts are available.

Reactions: God
Does the forefoot feel flexible like a nike free shoe? And does it seem to feel more better cushioned in the forefoot also?

izifunny-gifdump-april-18-2014-25-gifs_5.gif

Any BHM leaks? :nerd:

damn those DK looks like they've been worn for as long as Kobe has been in the League :lol: :x

Last edited:
These are going to fit my feet perfectly, I can already tell. :bartscott:

'Squatch feet are like 25% big toe. You ever see/read about people who had their missing thumbs replaced with a big toe? Yeah, that ain't happening with me.
roll.gif

Last edited:
Anyone have leads to buying full length zoom inserts on the aftermarket? I've tried looking for inserts at stores like FTL, SA, *****, etc.

Very satisfied with these. As mentioned, toebox is a tad bit long but still TTS. If you wear elite socks with these they would be fine. Flyknit is more flexible than the 9s and 10s. Can definitely feel the zoom unit in the heel more than the 10s. Really wished that they had it in the forefoot. Heel counter has you locked in and doesn't feel too big to me. I do wonder about ventilation on these, but overall a great shoe on casual wear out the box. Can't wait to hoop in them for a better review.

Anyone have leads to buying full length zoom inserts on the aftermarket? I've tried looking for inserts at stores like FTL, SA, *****, etc.

I bought some earlier this year on eBay, I just looked and couldn't find any.

I tried them once but they made the shoe too tight so they're just sitting right now.

What were they called if you don't mind my asking?

They were advertised as "Nike Zoom" cushion or unit I can't remember which one. In the auction they showed the cushion from the Lebron 11.

Keep in mind it was only the zoom unit and not the full drop in cushioning.

I'm iffy about what size...all my kobes are 11.5...I'm a true 11 who has to goul 1/2 sz on kobes, but these...??

I'm iffy about what size...all my kobes are 11.5...I'm a true 11 who has to goul 1/2 sz on kobes, but these...??
Tough to say, fam. I'm extremely picky about sizing (and I don't even have the luxury of half-sizes), so when I have any doubt I usually order both sizes and return one. That's why NDC is my go-to because their returns are so fast and easy. But if you've always gone 11.5 on Kobes and you HAD to get one, I'd say go for the 11.5. The 11 could be a tad big lengthwise but fit too snug.

Looking at these drop-in midsoles, you'd think by now that Nike would realize they could make a killing if they sold alternate insoles. Full-zoom, heel-zoom, forefoot, lunar combos, etc.

Back
Top Bottom