Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

I just don't get how people are having horrible traction issues. I've played in mine about 4-5 times now and have had exceptional grip from day one. I'm talking about grip so good it's comparable to the IX. Which I've played in recently as well (BHM IX highs). I am however on a court that was resurfaced about a month ago so maybe that's it. That theory about them performing better on better courts may be pretty accurate.
I think people having traction issues are playing on dust fields.
laugh.gif
Whatever court nightwing played on was absolutely disgusting: 

I have Stockholm syndrome....   I like this thread.  lol!

Well I'm not buying anything until I hear from Nike EU.  Until then,... you're all stuck with me.  

:tongue:
Didn't mean anything personal about it. Kyrie 2 really does have great traction and with the rounded outsole makes cuts that much easier. I just haven't had any of the problems you've had with the XI. Traction has been fine whether I'm at the local colleges court which is in great condition or playing rec league at my old Jr. High. Traction is worse at the Jr. High of course but that's just due to an old floor more than the shoes. 

Folks-I think a decision to purchase for performance should be based on the reviews of preferably KickGenius or at the very least Foamer.  Nightwing??  I like his videos and all, but his hoopin' skills are terrible. 
laugh.gif

Didn't mean anything personal about it. Kyrie 2 really does have great traction and with the rounded outsole makes cuts that much easier. I just haven't had any of the problems you've had with the XI. Traction has been fine whether I'm at the local colleges court which is in great condition or playing rec league at my old Jr. High. Traction is worse at the Jr. High of course but that's just due to an old floor more than the shoes. 
I know you weren't being personal, which is cool.

I'm gonna stop ranting.  I think it's killing me that I paid Three-Hundred Canadian dollars for "bum-around-kicks"  lol.  Like I can afford it, lol, but I didn't need "bum-around kicks."  I wanted High performance ball shoes!

What's jokes is I bought matching red nike shorts to match the colorway.  lol!   DAMN IT!  lol!   :smile:

Last edited:

Folks-I think a decision to purchase for performance should be based on the reviews of preferably KickGenius or at the very least Foamer.  Nightwing??  I like his videos and all, but his hoopin' skills are terrible. 
laugh.gif

yea, but they compare the traction to banana peels.........and Michael Jackson moonwalk shoes.... lol.

laugh.gif
You have to take ALL those reviews with a grain of salt. KickGenius probably put the shoes to the best "test" but the guys themselves are unbearable to watch. Foamer and his brother are really cool guys (and it's good to get the big man perspective) but Foamer has two bad knees. That's why he never got past Euro-ball. And Nightwing really knows his tech and runs a great site, but basically he just jogs and shoots 3s.

You have to take ALL those reviews with a grain of salt. KickGenius probably put the shoes to the best "test" but the guys themselves are unbearable to watch. Foamer and his brother are really cool guys (and it's good to get the big man perspective) but Foamer has two bad knees. That's why he never got past Euro-ball. And Nightwing really knows his tech and runs a great site, but basically he just jogs and shoots 3s.
But when all 3 agree traction is bad its not good news.

But when all 3 agree traction is bad its not good news.
They didn't say traction is bad all around, they both said the same thing.. Traction is top notch on clean courts, and bad on dusty courts. I think that's why we're getting mixed reviews. People with dusty courts are having bad results while people on clean courts are having good results. 

The traction isn't bad on dusty courts but after playing for a while you have to wipe a lot.

Last edited:
Who are the members who can't simply go to the store and try these on. I don't get it.
*Raises hand*

The stores in my area don't carry size 14/15 in anything that I'd actually want. But if I hear different things about sizing I usually just order both sizes online and send one back.

Back
Top Bottom