Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
How often do you guys rock your Kobe's casually? Was wondering which of the FTB I would hoop in and which I would wear casually. I heard the 11's attract mad dust so I'm thinking of only wearing them casually. 

Since we know what the colors look like, can someone with a good heart photoshop them to the Kobes? Assume its monochromatic with just a black swoosh.

5s are great. But the durability of the shoe is not so great.
6s are great. But the traction pattern wore down very fast and I'm not even an explosive player
8s are great but the lunar insole is only good for 2 or 3 months of regular ball
9s are same as 8s but fit a lil more narrow in the forefoot and have goat traction.
Those are the best 4 for basketball no doubt. I could go into more detail but tldr

4 was great but the lunar was worse than the 8s. 8 was the closest to "perfect" Kobe for me. Had good traction just a bit lower than the 9s. Transition was great too unlike the 9s. 8 wouldve been really perfect if it had the 9's traction and a lebron 11 cushioning.

Good thing the 8s got somehow "retroed" spiritually in the Mentality. They play the same.

Its 8>4>9>5>6 for me.

Last edited:
I barely jumped into the Kobe line. (Previously a $100 and below bball shoe type of guy) 9s traction was amazing. 10's comfort wise (air in heel) are my fav.
What are the 5s strengths?

How often do you guys rock your Kobe's casually? Was wondering which of the FTB I would hoop in and which I would wear casually. I heard the 11's attract mad dust so I'm thinking of only wearing them casually. 

5 dark knights, 5 chaos all the time, 9 details, asg, xmas and inspirations on the Reggie Miller, a healthy dash of 5am... Blackout 3s... All the time

Since we know what the colors look like, can someone with a good heart photoshop them to the Kobes? Assume its monochromatic with just a black swoosh.
4 was great but the lunar was worse than the 8s. 8 was the closest to "perfect" Kobe for me. Had good traction just a bit lower than the 9s. Transition was great too unlike the 9s. 8 wouldve been really perfect if it had the 9's traction and a lebron 11 cushioning.

Good thing the 8s got somehow "retroed" spiritually in the Mentality. They play the same.

Its 8>4>9>5>6 for me.
Hmm interesting. Never heard that comparison. Definetly will consider if I see those on discount.

Hmm interesting. Never heard that comparison. Definetly will consider if I see those on discount.

Definitely try the Mentality. Doesnt matter much between the 1 and 2s. Theyre almost exactly the same. 2 seem to have a flyweave upper but is actually backed by fuse.

Its 8>4>9>5>6 for me.

4's had Lunar?? :nerd:

Yup it did. It was called Lunar foam then and it was only in the forefoot. It was its debut in basketball shoes along with the OG Hyperdunks.

Last edited:
I think it's funny people are saying they already want certain shoes in the fade to black pack, when they haven't even seen the shoe. They could be awful looking lol. their recent track record hasn't been great
9s will look awesome, no matter what. They can't ruin this shoe 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments/reps/gifs/Dam Sons on the All Star pic fellas. Will try to rep back everyone who posted.

I barely jumped into the Kobe line. (Previously a $100 and below bball shoe type of guy) 9s traction was amazing. 10's comfort wise (air in heel) are my fav.
What are the 5s strengths?
Biggest strength of the Vs for me is the fit/lockdown. At least for me, they're still the best fitting of all the Kobe models. Only flaws about them are the upper durability and traction IMO.

Back
Top Bottom