Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
if Kobe had wore the Black/Gold Elite 8's or hell even the uglier Black/Gold Elite 7's as his Last Game shoe and dropped 60pts, that shoe gains significance. Sometimes it's not about the boring colorway or the ugly shoe, it's the event that took place that makes something valuable. 

Last edited:
I wanted a pair because personally am a big fan of black and gold but the way Nike implemented this is basic and easy to ID. The reason why it is now a favorite is because of the significance of it being his last worn game shoe, scored 60 and it's the most limited. The BL and white horse are easily better color ways. I wouldn't take these over my mamba moments 9

Last edited:
The truth right here. The color way is basic and easy to ID. The reason why it is now a favorite is because of the significance of it being his last worn game shoe, scored 60 and it's the most limited. The BL and white horse are easily better color ways. I wouldn't take these over my mamba moments 9

Fixed

if Kobe had wore the Black/Gold Elite 8's or hell even the uglier Black/Gold Elite 7's as his Last Game shoe and dropped 60pts, that shoe gains significance. Sometimes it's not about the boring colorway or the ugly shoe, it's the event that took place that makes something valuable. 
Speaking of which, anyone remember the crappy quality of the Elite 7's? From a crack or two on the carbon fiber heel cup to all the gold peeling off. 

I agree. 1k is ridiculous. I believe that the FTB is better quality than an ID version but that's not worth paying 4 times more. I don't even think the IDs are worth 250.

Last edited:
I agree. 1k is ridiculous. I believe that the FTB is better quality than an ID version but that's not worth paying 4 times more. I don't even think the IDs are worth 250.
As the saying goes....A fool and his money are soon parted.  

If people want to throw money down a rat hole, and pay $1200 or $1400 for these...more power to them.  It's their money.  In my experience trading and collecting, about 75% of those people will be putting those same sneakers back into the market again, and they will likely eat about 1/3 to 1/2 of that $1200 to $1400.   They'll pay $700 for the privilege of posting a few pics on Instagram and having the sneakers sit in a box for a few months on a shelf until they sell them.

Then people who really want those same sneakers will swoop in and get them for a reasonable price (for a sneaker that's very limited) in the $500-$700.  If anybody really wants them, be patient, and let the fools do the heavy lifting.

No guarantees...but that's how this usually plays out.

Last edited:
For the people selling Kobe's air from his last game, I hope they're selling fakes. The real thing would be WAY too precious to ever sell - better put that **** in a case and lock it up forever 
wink.gif

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but FTB 11's were also supposedly raffled off in HOH at the Galleria at Tyler in Riverside.

For the people selling Kobe's air from his last game, I hope they're selling fakes. The real thing would be WAY too precious to ever sell - better put that **** in a case and lock it up forever 
wink.gif
personally, I'd just inhale a little bit of it every time before I start a ball game. Gonna drop buckets. 
wink.gif

not srs.

Last edited:
If I were to drop $1000 + on a Kobe shoe then I would buy the white/gum htm 9. I get the significance of the ftb xi but it is a very simple design that can almost be duplicated. The htm however is not that easy to replicate and there seems to be far less. Sure I would love a pair of the xi's but I can wait a couple months to see what the price is and also to compare them to the mamba days. Congrats to everyone who got the xi's for retail or under $500.

Just to give another update, niketown in Beverly hills dropped ftb xi fcfs on Wednesday. Should've just went there instead of Nike vault raffle.

If I were to drop $1000 + on a Kobe shoe then I would buy the white/gum htm 9. I get the significance of the ftb xi but it is a very simple design that can almost be duplicated. The htm however is not that easy to replicate and there seems to be far less. Sure I would love a pair of the xi's but I can wait a couple months to see what the price is and also to compare them to the mamba days. Congrats to everyone who got the xi's for retail or under $500.
I love the HTM 9s... 

For anyone who has either the white HTM 9s or the black/mc HTM 9s, can you take some high quality beauty shots? Much appreciated! 

I love the HTM 9s... 

For anyone who has either the white HTM 9s or the black/mc HTM 9s, can you take some high quality beauty shots? Much appreciated! 
That is the only Kobe I would ever consider paying outrageous resell on, but I might even balk at that.  I'm confident we will see that sneaker as a retro.  

I'm also confident that we'll see his 81 point game 1s get the retro treatment in the next 12 months or so.  Are people going to pay $1400 for those?  That 81 was much more relevant to Kobe's career than this 60pt game.  That 81pt game is right up there with Wilt's 100.  Maybe someone should start a rumor and tweet about those coming out and being limited to 2000.  Get that hype machine started now.  This way, when the fools are paying $1400 for those 1s...I can scoop these 11s up for $500....
roll.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom