Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
1/5 was attached but wasn't sure if it's Asia release date or US too. There were some other dates attached to other shoes that's somewhat confirmed but we'll just see what happens as it's next week. Price might be in the $200 range but not confirmed either.

Sneaker noob here.

I play on very dusty indoor courts.

The consensus is that translucent outsoles have worse traction.

What about all the other solid colors though? Are they all on an even playing field or are their tiers and degrees of traction? Is white better than black etc? I almost never see black outsoles.... not sure if there's a reason for that or just aesthetics.

And what about "gum" brown?

I'd really, really, appreciate any responses on this topic to help me when making iD decisions. Loving this forum!

Last edited:
Bad news for you XI lovers, these are the ALT. Good news, money saved or you'll just pick up the ones to finish off your XI collection.
Interested to see the full shoe underneath the sleeve and potentially removing the sleeve. Leather tongue and grey soles look good though. 

Interested to see the full shoe underneath the sleeve and potentially removing the sleeve. Leather tongue and grey soles look good though. 
I like them.  And really interested as well to see the MC underneath.  Solid homage to the Payton gloves (that ICON thing was a joke).  I'm also glad to see no 'what the.'  That theme is tired.  The last great Kobe 'What The' was the 8.  

Sneaker noob here.

I play on very dusty indoor courts.

The consensus is that translucent outsoles have worse traction.

What about all the other solid colors though? Are they all on an even playing field or are their tiers and degrees of traction? Is white better than black etc? I almost never see black outsoles.... not sure if there's a reason for that or just aesthetics.

And what about "gum" brown?

I'd really, really, appreciate any responses on this topic to help me when making iD decisions. Loving this forum!
I believe that all the solids are about equal. Gum brown can come in translucent and solid as well, though. For example, the Summer pack EMs have a solid gum sole while I believe the iD Gum is translucent

Kinda surprising some of you guys are interested in the ALT considering the Zoom Icon are pretty much the same concept except these share the same outsole with the XI.

Kinda surprising some of you guys are interested in the ALT considering the Zoom Icon are pretty much the same concept except these share the same outsole with the XI.

To be honest the mc flyknit under looks really good from what I can see. I'm excited to see what they look like, but it looks to be very vibrant and colorful. im holding out hope for this last alt pair. The outside layer looks like can it but off easily.

I just doubled up on the oreos and got my 4th pairs of mc ID for $150 each off of eBay invoice.

Trying to cop either the pale horse or the gocp for the low. Would prob get if below $150. Being patient

How do you guys know that under the "skin" will be multicolor Flyknit? Did I miss that description or you guys have x-ray vision? :lol:

Last edited:
How do you guys know that under the "skin" will be multicolor Flyknit? Did I miss that description or you guys have x-ray vision?
laugh.gif
There's a picture a few pages back. Reminded me of the red side of the x-mas 10.

@thapointguy  here

Last edited:
Oh didn't know pics were posted. Don't really pay attention to the XI anymore.

They don't do anything for me not even if it has Mc fk. If that's all it takes for you guys to like the shoe then have at it.

I believe that all the solids are about equal. Gum brown can come in translucent and solid as well, though. For example, the Summer pack EMs have a solid gum sole while I believe the iD Gum is translucent
Hmm interesting.

Looks like I'll be steering away from the Kobe 11 iD gum.

What's your feeling on the Kyrie 2 gum iD? 

Looks pretty damn solid to me from what I've seen on google images. 

They don't do anything for me not even if it has Mc fk. If that's all it takes for you guys to like the shoe then have at it.
Each to its own. I have grown to really like the 11. It's very comfortable to me for casual wear. I ball outdoors so I don't use my kobes even though I have many. I use my crusaders and some 9 ids for outdoors. I don't ball indoor. I'm getting older and more of a weekend warriors.

Last edited:

it seems like that's all people care about in kobe threads. daily we had "where is MC?" we finally got it and it looks exactly the same as the 9's. nike can keep them and i'll save my money.

Anywhere online with the Aces in a size 11? I see them going on sale but not a size 11 anywhere.

Anywhere online with the Aces in a size 11? I see them going on sale but not a size 11 anywhere.

Check outlets near you. Maybe Nike find can identify them for you.
I know they were or are at Lancaster and I think leesburg or Hagerstown but outlets don't do phone orders anymore from what I heard. Maybe they are near you.

Has this happened to anybody else on their EM? Pretty upset that this happened. I don't think I've played in them enough to warrant something like this happening. Had a basketball class last semester, so I played every Tuesday for 15 weeks. Then as the semester started to come to an end, I've started going to the rec center at school a little bit more.

View media item 2282589

Has this happened to anybody else on their EM? Pretty upset that this happened. I don't think I've played in them enough to warrant something like this happening. Had a basketball class last semester, so I played every Tuesday for 15 weeks. Then as the semester started to come to an end, I've started going to the rec center at school a little bit more.

View media item 2282589

It's actually a fairly common complaint on the NDC reviews.

Back
Top Bottom