Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I might just start wearing them at the gym and not to hoop cuz it was ridiculous. I attack the rim quite a bit but was slipping all over the place. Anyone have traction issues with the GCRs? Maybe the courts I play on just suck but the 11s have been no good to me
The GCRs are solid outsole. So I expect those to perform way better than the Bruce Lees.

Gotta wear my BLs casually now which kinda sucks because it's not exactly the easiest colorway to pull off casually. Also, I have a few shoes in my rotation that are way more comfortable casually than the Kobe XIs. 
eyes.gif

The XI has some great color ways especially the uppers with the all white sole IMO

I know a lot of you hated the solid white soles though :lol:

I think something's wrong with my screen cuz I'm seeing doubles.
Haha man. At first I thought it was my camera!! I bet your camera will have us seeing triple lol.
The XI has some great color ways especially the uppers with the all white sole IMO

I know a lot of you hated the solid white soles though
laugh.gif
I loved the white sole with the colorways that came out. I agree with you on this for sure.
Damn that's like 3 grand worth of 11's
Yea I definitely went a little too hard here. I was at a somewhat respectable pace but then my girl got hired on at Nike and FTL started coming at me with the sales also lol. Picked up way more than I should have.

Sometimes I regret it, a majority of the time I don't. I found something that I am passionate about and truly enjoy. Some people like to go to the bars on Friday night or catch movies in the theatre. Others spend money on video games or other things. This is my vice lol. I tend to live pretty frugal outside of sneakers.

That's great man I love the 11's, absolutely everything about them.  I might circle back and pickup some pairs.

Has anyone balled in the EMs with the translucent sole, is it exactly the same as the elite? and hows the cushion in comparison, more harsh and less impact protection?

Finally found some carpes for under $100. Excited to try the mesh out. Didnt like the flyknit version.

Just picked up the "masters of innovation" 11's, but couldn't really find any solid info on what the 8 stars and 96-03 patch meant, does anyone know?

Just picked up the "masters of innovation" 11's, but couldn't really find any solid info on what the 8 stars and 96-03 patch meant, does anyone know?
It's a reference to Oscar Schmidt who's one of Kobe's childhood idols. He played in the Brazilian League from '96-'03 and had 8 scoring titles, hence the 8 stars.

View media item 2407562

Last edited:

It was a reference to Oscar Schmidt with the years for when he lead in scoring for the Brazilian Basketball League 

The GCRs are solid outsole. So I expect those to perform way better than the Bruce Lees.

Gotta wear my BLs casually now which kinda sucks because it's not exactly the easiest colorway to pull off casually. Also, I have a few shoes in my rotation that are way more comfortable casually than the Kobe XIs. 
eyes.gif
The GCRs definitely performed better than the BLs but not well enough to my satisfaction. 

The XIs comfort is definitely there.. The BLs will my gym shoe but I'm going back to my Kyrie 1s to hoop in.. At least until I grab a pair of the 3s. 

On a comfort note, I wore my Del Sol 5s and Playoff 6s this past weekend and those felt amazing. 

Schmidt played in the celeb game at all star break and had just under 50k points for his career.

Has anyone balled in the EMs with the translucent sole, is it exactly the same as the elite? and hows the cushion in comparison, more harsh and less impact protection?
i prefer the EMs over the elites. EMs are much softer, whereas the elites are more stiff. 

i really like the TB colorways, hoping to find some on sale.

Picture didn't turn out the best but oh well. Heres my wheel of Kobe 11's
Damn, and I thought I went overboard buying seven pairs. And yeah, now I'm wishing I made one of my three MCs with the white sole.

Love the white sole, but it's a PITA to keep clean, especially the heels. Just picked up a pair of MC low 9s and the white sole looks so clean, I almost don't want to wear them, at least not outdoors 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom