OFFICIAL KOBE IX NIKEID-- NO BUYING/SELLING DISCUSSION--R.I.P KOBE 9 ID

Did you order the new flyknit multi-color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Most excited to see how these turn out. I chose the white glow midsole.
Nice! This thread is definitely going to be interesting once pairs start shipping. That's one of the best parts about the flyknit IDs is how different each pair can look.

Nice! This thread is definitely going to be interesting once pairs start shipping. That's one of the best parts about the flyknit IDs is how different each pair can look.
Yeah thats why If I was only limited to 1 pair, I dont think I could of ran with the ones Kobe wore in the game.

Nice^^^^^^
nthat.gif

So did you purchase the pair he wore? If so do you mind me asking why? For nostalgic purposes or resell value?
I ordered 2 pair, I just added the second pair (the ones he wore) at the last minute. I know how the MS QS game works, so Instead end up liking the shoe down the road, I just went ahead and grabbed it.

Worse case I can return it , If I absolutely hate the shoe. With that said, I have plenty of shoes that I look at now that I have only worn once or twice and say what was I thinking when I bought this! (But they are all older shoes). I really only get what I absolutely like nowadays.

I have never bought a shoe for resale purposes. It would not even be worth my time and effort.

Last edited:
Played it safe and kept everything the same as the template except for the outsole. I went with a clear outsole instead of the purple multi. I kind of wish I copped a second pair and went the white tongue/liner route.

Nike was like "Kobe, you gotta understand. We just spent a ton on KD and his shoes aren't as profitable as yours. Plus we're sitting on several thousand multocolor soles. Just wear these. Please."

I ordered 2 pair, I just added the second pair (the ones he wore) at the last minute. I know how the MS QS game works, so Instead end up liking the shoe down the road, I just went ahead and grabbed it.

Worse case I can return it , If I absolutely hate the shoe. With that said, I have plenty of shoes that I look at now that I have only worn once or twice and say what was I thinking when I bought this! (But they are all older shoes). I really only get what I absolutely like nowadays.

I have never bought a shoe for resale purposes. It would not even be worth my time and effort.
I feel you. I new I wouldn't rock the ones he had on, but they've grown on me since the 14th. Not to say I would purchase. I just went after what I had been looking for in the MCs. I was about to break down and cop a pair resell, but I knew these were dropping soon so I waited it out. Hopefully I'm happy with them, and if not I can flip them to get some MCs.

I'm interested to see how that Volt check looks with that combo. Are those red or orange specks?
I thought the volt would be good for how bright Kobe's shoes looked in game. I thought the gold was kind of "eh".

Mango. Kinda forgot it was mango, I was playing around so much with builds, would have switched to volt.

Translucent sole.

I feel you. I new I wouldn't rock the ones he had on, but they've grown on me since the 14th. Not to say I would purchase. I just went after what I had been looking for in the MCs. I was about to break down and cop a pair resell, but I knew these were dropping soon so I waited it out. Hopefully I'm happy with them, and if not I can flip them to get some MCs.
That's funny because I did recently buy a pair of MC's and when I heard this was happening I was like "Damn, hope it's not the same FK or I'll kick myself" - fortunately not the same.

I thought the volt would be good for how bright Kobe's shoes looked in game. I thought the gold was kind of "eh".

Mango. Kinda forgot it was mango, I was playing around so much with builds, would have switched to volt.

Translucent sole.
Naw the mango will be cool. I went with volt, but having another color in the mix will be nice.

Yeah the multiColor MC's where one of my best pickups this year. I dont see these surpassing them in terms of me being impressed with the design. Im really not that deep into Player Nostalgia. I mean, I still got a bunch of O.G Jordans, where he broke records in and most of them sitting in my storage locker.

Last edited:

So did you purchase the pair he wore? If so do you mind me asking why? For nostalgic purposes or resell value?
I'm pretty sure 90% of those who bought the pair he wore are doing it for resale. You saw a couple hundred pair up for sale on ebay immediately the same night

Yeah the multiColor MC's where one of my best pickups this year. I dont see these surpassing them in terms of me being impressed with the design. Im really not that deep into Nostalgia. I mean, I still got a bunch of O.G Jordans, where he broke records in and most of them sitting in my storage locker.
Most the kicks I want to cop for nostalgia are for reasons other than what a player did in the shoes. I remember my pops copping me the Taxi 12s late in the models life span. When the 13s dropped I wanted them so bad, but he wasn't about to spend that bread again. Same thing with the GP Gloves. My pops copped my step brother a pair and even our cousin, but when I said I wanted a pair for Christmas he said "Shoes aren't Christmas presents."
sick.gif

I didn't get the B/W Gloves last year because I slept thinking they wouldn't be hyped, and I can't do 13s anymore. Only other shoes that have any significance from my childhood are AirMaxes and Prestos. Still want these joints back DS.

Last edited:
If you guys missed out and really want a pair of these, wait it out. Prices will just continue to fall as time goes on. Once they start showing up at people's doors the prices will fall big time. I feel most people bought these to resell so you'll likely be able to grab them on ebay for $300-$350 (just a guess of course, but I'm pretty confident with it).

Last edited:
Definitely have those hypebeasts out there re-selling the pairs they have.  I liked how Nike limited it to 2 so stores like kicks-crew and others don't just order up all stock and sell it back for double.

Bought mine for the significance of the shoe and the fact that I love the subtle MC on it.  Very different than first run.

Agree with Meniac, just wait.  Resellers will drop to 300-350 after the hype has died down.  I know most MC's from the first run are going from 350-400.   There are people still trying to cut throat them for 500-600.  Not going to move.

If you guys missed out and really want a pair of these, wait it out. Prices will just continue to fall as time goes on. Once they start showing up at people's doors the prices will fall big time. I feel most people bought these to resell so you'll likely be able to grab them on ebay for $300-$350 (just a guess of course, but I'm pretty confident with it).
Depends, but yeah, prices are usually high directly following a release, then the price adjusts to supply and demand, then the price climbs again as pairs age out. This of course only applies to a shoe that people want. So right now is probably not the optimum time to buy. Besides, if I was gonna pay 500 or whatever I would need to see the actual pair.

I don't think most people bought them to resell - I think a LOT of folks bought them because they missed out on the first MC run, and did not want that to happen again, although with a different MC.

Agree with Meniac, just wait.  Resellers will drop to 300-350 after the hype has died down.  I know most MC's from the first run are going from 350-400.   There are people still trying to cut throat them for 500-600.  Not going to move.
I think bad builds are going for 350 - 400. Really nice builds can go for more. On eBay anyway.

Anyone else go purp crazy? I went with solid purple sole purple backtab/sockliner/laces/specs and a silver swoosh Because GOLD is for 1st place not 3rd
roll.gif
. We should have gotten bronze options that would have been dope.

Back
Top Bottom