OFFICIAL KOBE IX NIKEID-- NO BUYING/SELLING DISCUSSION--R.I.P KOBE 9 ID

Did you order the new flyknit multi-color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
For peeps saying/using dr scholls.... How does that work? The 9 insole is almost an inch thick, acting as the midsole. Dr scholls are maybe 1/4 inch thick. Do they provide enough comfort/support? It doesn't seem they'd be too comfortable to me.
Definitely not comfortable. You'll be feeling the floor. That makes the shoe closer to the ground than the nike free 3.0.

And as for balling in Kobes outdoors, it will burn out quickly unless it's a professional outdoor court. Lebron XIs are solid as hell and I already have the soles wearing down after a month of occasional basketball.

For peeps saying/using dr scholls.... How does that work? The 9 insole is almost an inch thick, acting as the midsole. Dr scholls are maybe 1/4 inch thick. Do they provide enough comfort/support? It doesn't seem they'd be too comfortable to me.

This...I don't get it either. People talk about dead space in the highs...There must be a ridiculous amount of dead space in the lows with that type of insole.

If you play at least once a week outdoors the outsoles are going to be destroyed. I've been playing in my EM Laser Crimsons for the last 3-4 months and I have hardly any grip left on them so now that school started back up I have to play in my ID or Baes indoors or buy another pair of EMs.

One park where I play at has smooth courts so I can wear them here and there. I'm still using the Kobe V,VII, and 8 in my outdoor rotation so I'll be straight. I want to get the XDR outsole but wish they had more color selections than just dark grey.

Definitely not comfortable. You'll be feeling the floor. That makes the shoe closer to the ground than the nike free 3.0.
That's what I figured.

I don't understand why nike doesn't take advantage of the monopoly they have with these drop in inserts, and offer them for sale. They can offer lunar, zoom, air, combos of of cushion set ups...

One park where I play at has smooth courts so I can wear them here and there. I'm still using the Kobe V,VII, and 8 in my outdoor rotation so I'll be straight. I want to get the XDR outsole but wish they had more color selections than just dark grey.
Thats not too bad then. I really love the 9s to hoop especially over my super worn '11 hyperdunks. I need to either make a XDR version or something to have some to play in or just get some cheaper outdoor shoes and make some for indoors. 

I haven't used them personally, but a friend of mine bought a pair to go with his MCs. While he was able to actually wear the shoes, he said they feel a little too low to the ground. And he also said they're not as comfortable as his other gr 9s.

He's just happy he can wear the shoe now, with some Elites or NBA socks tho...

Last edited:
That's what I figured.

I don't understand why nike doesn't take advantage of the monopoly they have with these drop in inserts, and offer them for sale. They can offer lunar, zoom, air, combos of of cushion set ups...
This. 

Not to mention add Nike + insoles and other things that we may pay for just to try.

Thats not too bad then. I really love the 9s to hoop especially over my super worn '11 hyperdunks. I need to either make a XDR version or something to have some to play in or just get some cheaper outdoor shoes and make some for indoors.

Have you looked into the Air Raid? They're made strictly for outdoors and should last awhile. I saw a guy wear them and he plays every morning. I have to wear Kobe myself or something equivalent or my legs would fatigue fast.

Have you looked into the Air Raid? They're made strictly for outdoors and should last awhile. I saw a guy wear them and he plays every morning. I have to wear Kobe myself or something equivalent or my legs would fatigue fast.
I started getting really bad shin splints in the dunks but they got a little better in the kobes so I need something that's low I think.

He was talking bout Hyperdunks in his post before that s dubl s dubl

The tongue on the EM and Elite low is godly so yeah I agree nothing like wearing the Kobe to ball in.

It's because you were playing in dunks.
The thought of actually playing in dunks 
sick.gif

I don't know how dudes did it in the 80s, I can't wear them 8 hrs in a day.

Last edited:
Yeah I did that on 8/14, they hit me back yesterday saying they submitted an inquiry to Nike regarding my purchase. I don't know why this MC id order is being a bit on the difficult side. 2 weeks ago I ordered 4 airmax ids with a 20% code and it got reflected on my ebates account the next day without any action on my part.

#TeamOrderedBeforeOOSTweet #Team911 #TeamYetToReceiveStatusUpdate
Same here.  I ordered KD GG's and didn't get any cash back.  Had them open an inquiry and they told me because of another promotion or discount applied I wasn't eligible for the cash back.  I just assumed it was because it was a launch day item but I've done it before on launch day and never had a problem.  Then I ordered MC flyknits and got the cash back right away...go figure.

That's what I figured.

Lol custom inserts ftw

i lost track of this thread...so the MC option is sold out again? why can it not be permanent?

Back
Top Bottom