OFFICIAL LA CLIPPERS 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD (Playoffs v. Memphis, Lost 4-2; Offseason thread comin

LMAO at all these people coming out of the woodwork acting like we have a scrub team that CP will never really win with - just because we lost to a very good Grizzlies team. We won 56 games in the West and our biggest problems - half court offense and 3 point defenses - could be vastly improved with just a coaching change. Come on, now.
A few minor tweaks here and there and we'll be alright
Haters just like kicking us while we're down.
All good tho I have the memory of an elephant. :D

Last edited:
LMAO at all these people coming out of the woodwork acting like we have a scrub team that CP will never really win with - just because we lost to a very good Grizzlies team. We won 56 games in the West and our biggest problems - half court offense and 3 point defenses - could be vastly improved with just a coaching change. Come on, now.

Amen, couldn't have set it better myself

I know its just a rumor, and probably holds zero weight, but the fact a trade of Blake, Bledsoe and DJ for The Truth, KG and Doc Rivers is absolute INSANSE :x :lol:... first off aint nobody want them old ******... hell even Doc River is old news

I know its just a rumor, and probably holds zero weight, but the fact a trade of Blake, Bledsoe and DJ for The Truth, KG and Doc Rivers is absolute INSANSE :x :lol:... first off aint nobody want them old ******... hell even Doc River is old news

That's just crazy talk. Some teenager in Boston probably started that rumor (no offense if any of the regulars in here are teenagers).

Why exactly is VDN still the head coach?

What's taking them so long to pull the plug? :smh:

I think it may be because his contract expires on its own on June 1. They might feel they don't need to rush to fire him. That doesn't stop them from telling him he's not coming back and making some calls to other candidates. I keep hearing that Stan VanGundy is the favorite

That sounds about right. Priority #1 is re-signing CP3 then I'm almost certain the domino effect will start from there.

Last edited:
both guys would give us a nice upgrade at their respective positions.

Not sure if EJ could stay healthy for 82 games though. :lol:

Also, we should do the swap with DC that should have happened i.e. Butler/Ariza :nerd:

Last edited:
they got great pieces. off melo, jr, def kmart, shump, tyson hi iq kidd 3pt game, big market. Hes hungry as Melo to get the chip as they are both in their prime. He wont have to create everything like on the clips.

Soooo, you starting to reevaluate this statement?

Sources: Del Negro could return
Updated: May 16, 2013, 3:39 AM ET
By Ramona Shelburne and Marc Stein | ESPN.com

The Los Angeles Clippers, after following up the first division title in franchise history with a disappointing first-round playoff exit, have not ruled out bringing back coach Vinny Del Negro, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that there is a level of interest within the organization to extend Del Negro's contract despite the widespread assumption in league circles that the embattled coach would take the fall for the Clippers' six-game exit to the Memphis Grizzlies in Round 1.

(click the spoiler for the rest of the article)
The final call ultimately rests with Clippers owner Donald Sterling -- who is regarded as Del Negro's biggest backer in the organization -- but one source close to the process said Wednesday that team officials were still deliberating and that no decision has been made yet.

More On The Clippers

For more news, notes and analysis of L.A., check out the Clippers Report. Blog

Sources stressed that Sterling could still wind up deciding to go another direction entering a critical summer for the team with Chris Paul bound for free agency July 1. But initial conversations between the team and Del Negro are said to have been positive after the team won a club-record 56 games and overcame a steady stream of injuries to finish with the No. 4 seed in the West.

Early indications were that the Clippers would likely make a decision on Del Negro -- whose contract expires June 30 -- within a week or so of their Game 6 loss in Memphis on May 3. But the process has taken longer because Sterling generally prefers to take his time on major decisions.

The longer Sterling has taken to consider the situation, sources say, the more Del Negro's chances of scoring another short-term contract have been boosted.

Sterling has preferred to give short-term contracts to Clippers coaches and front-office executives after he had to pay out the remainder of former coach and general manager Mike Dunleavy's five-year, $22 million contract when he fired Dunleavy in 2010.

At least one other team with a coaching vacancy is interested in speaking to Del Negro, according to one source close to the process, but so far Del Negro has pursued only a return to the Clippers.

Clippers general manager Gary Sacks said after the season that he would speak with the Clippers' players and weigh their opinions before making a decision on Del Negro and the roster improvements L.A. needs going forward. Those meetings took place last week.

"Every offseason is huge," Sacks said. "Last offseason was huge. Vinny and I worked really closely to put this team together and get what we thought were the right pieces for our team to compete and be as good as we possibly could be as an organization. We came up short, and that's a disappointment. But we have to look at a lot of the positives. I thought he and the staff did a really good job during the season. We need to move forward looking for ways of improving ourselves to go further and achieve our goals."

^^^We just need CP to hint strongly that he's like to go in another direction with the coach and everything should be fine....I hope.

I bet once we lock up CP3 and begin to retool our roster for next season VDN and his dunces will get their walking papers. He's not a bad coach just extremely mediocre at managing a heavily talented roster in the postseason. >D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom