OFFICIAL LA CLIPPERS 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD (Playoffs v. Memphis, Lost 4-2; Offseason thread comin

Although Green hasn't been as terrible as I expected, I can't wait for him to go down to 5 min/game. Maybe we'll play a bit more small ball with LO at the 5 and Barnes at the 4. Seeing hollins and Turiaf on the court at the same time is :x

good game last night.
My youngest son's first game. Although it doesn't look it in this pic, he really did have a good time. :lol:

question fo anybody there last night. at some point in the beginning of the game, they played a video with highlights of last year's playoff series against the Spurs. There was a song playing while the viedo ran. sounded like a hip hop beat with an opera type singer (woman) singing. anybody know what it was?
thanks

-J-

good for him and glad to see you're starting him out at such a young age.

:nthat:

I arrived late to the game so unfortunately I didn't get to hear that song. |I

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 Yes!  Happy about the effort, especially on the defensive end which lead to transition baskets.  We're gonna need the same effort tonight in Portland.  I'm not asking nor expecting DJ to score 20 point per game but if he bring that energy and confidence, The Clip Show is gonna be tuff to beat.

Awesome win last night. Way to step up DJ. The bench played a great role again. This will be our M.O. I believe. The bench will come in and either stretch or maintain big leads and the starters return and seal the game away. I just want the same energy and intensity like this for every game. I know thats a lot to ask but we have the depth to make a lil tweak here and there based on fatigue, injuries (please god no injuries this season), and matchups. This is gonna be a good season I know but I tell everyone its to early but I like what I see.

Good team win last night. Was at the game and it was fun to watch, Lob City was in full effect. Hopefully they can carry it over tonight and get a W in Portland.

Good 1st quarter from the Clippers. All the starters scored at least 1 basket. Gotta keep the turnovers below 12-10 the rest of the way. Liking the energy from DJ thus far.

we shot 56% in the 1st qtr lets keep this going for three more fam :D

Ebled @ it again :nerd:

Last edited:
Another quality win tonight. I'm not upset they gave up the big lead. That happens a lot in the NBA. I give the team credit for regaining control and still coming out with a double digit lead. DJ was awesome. He probably deserved the ball in the post more. Good games from CP, Crawford and Turiaf. Blake had a tough night, but knocked down a big jumper at the end.

Another quality win tonight. I'm not upset they gave up the big lead. That happens a lot in the NBA. I give the team credit for regaining control and still coming out with a double digit lead. DJ was awesome. He probably deserved the ball in the post more. Good games from CP, Crawford and Turiaf. Blake had a tough night, but knocked down a big jumper at the end.

Agree with everything you said lawdog1! Hopefully we can continue this intensity and string some wins.

Another great win. Our Bench is so dangerous. We have so much flexibility and this is without Billups and Hills even playing. If our bench can maintain this for us we will be a very hard team to beat. Its early but I like what I see and how we are dojng. This team has the potential to go all the way.

Another great win. Our Bench is so dangerous. We have so much flexibility and this is without Billups and Hills even playing. If our bench can maintain this for us we will be a very hard team to beat. Its early but I like what I see and how we are dojng. This team has the potential to go all the way.

Agree. Took us a little longer to wake up in this game than I would have hoped, but we eventually put it away when we picked up the D toward the end of the 3rd. Crazy thing is, I don't think we played all that great and still coasted to a win in the second half.

This team is good but i just don't see them winning a championship for various reasons

1. They're the Clippers lol

2. Blake has no reliable jumpshot or hook shot. Too predictable on offense

3. The backcourt is undersized. Your big guys can't shoot free throws

This team is good but i just don't see them winning a championship for various reasons

1. They're the Clippers lol

2. Blake has no reliable jumpshot or hook shot. Too predictable on offense

3. The backcourt is undersized. Your big guys can't shoot free throws

We'll see. The team does get predictable on offense at times, but it has looked better than it did last year. We're averaging over 100 points a game, so we're doing something right. And Blake's jumper is looking better and I believe it will continue to improve as the season goes on.

The FT percentages are a concern, but won't be the difference in terms of how far we advance in the playoffs. Shaq was always a horrible FT shooter and the Lakers were able to overcome it. Same with the Spurs and Duncan, who's not a whole lot better than Shaq. Also, both Blake and especially Jordan have been shooting FTs better in recent games.

Finally, the small backcourt thing is totally overrated. Its not like there are a lot of 1s and 2s around the league who are post up threats. Plus, Bledsoe can capably guard much bigger guys because of his strength, reach and athleticism. We also have Barnes who can cover bigger guards.

:nthat: Too bad he switched them out for some RED team jordan superflys in the 2nd half. :lol:

I don't blame him. I never liked playing in the XIs. I'd definitely put them in the top 3 Jordans of all-time looks wise, but not in terms of on-court performance. Maybe its just the way they fit me though.

Jordan XII & XIII always did me justice on the blacktop and/or indoor courts. He probably either had them in his personal stash or got them for free. :lol:

XI are more stylish then both of course.

Last edited:
We'll see. The team does get predictable on offense at times, but it has looked better than it did last year. We're averaging over 100 points a game, so we're doing something right. And Blake's jumper is looking better and I believe it will continue to improve as the season goes on.
The FT percentages are a concern, but won't be the difference in terms of how far we advance in the playoffs. Shaq was always a horrible FT shooter and the Lakers were able to overcome it. Same with the Spurs and Duncan, who's not a whole lot better than Shaq. Also, both Blake and especially Jordan have been shooting FTs better in recent games.
Finally, the small backcourt thing is totally overrated. Its not like there are a lot of 1s and 2s around the league who are post up threats. Plus, Bledsoe can capably guard much bigger guys because of his strength, reach and athleticism. We also have Barnes who can cover bigger guards.
Lebron will check Chris Paul if he have to.

Wade is a pretty decent post up SG

If the Clipper win tonight i'll say the Clippers have better chance to come out he west than both Lakers and Spurs

So far the Clippers have been impressive

I wouldn't hate the clippers so much if mjshoe wasn't so damn annoying.. :lol:

j/p you guys and okc scare me the most :lol:

Back
Top Bottom