OFFICIAL LA CLIPPERS 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD (Playoffs v. Memphis, Lost 4-2; Offseason thread comin

I didn't see the game tonight but against the Hawks to lose by that much is really bad, next game is def a must win , I still believe this year's team will be better than last season

Honestly we are slowly unraveling again. Last season this cost us the pacific and third place. Too early to start losing 3in a row.

Yeah, if we lose any of these next three home games, it's going to feel a lot like the slump last season. I really, really hope it doesn't come to that. I'm hoping the last two games were just the result of some weird post-Thanksgiving funk and that we'll see the real team back in LA, starting tomorrow.

Yeah, if we lose any of these next three home games, it's going to feel a lot like the slump last season. I really, really hope it doesn't come to that. I'm hoping the last two games were just the result of some weird post-Thanksgiving funk and that we'll see the real team back in LA, starting tomorrow.

I have been watching the games all season they are relying to much on the secondary unit. We should build comfortable leads and rest our starters. Instead Griffin and Paul are just going through motions and letting the secondary bring them back. We went from being almost the best in the west to people starting that same ol clippers talk. Honestly last year we had the excuse of no training camp. This year if we dont get to the WCF i would call it an underachievement.

I expect us to get our **** together these next few games. Plus Chauncey will be back real soon.

Last edited:
I share the same frustration as most of you guys!  Didn't expect to win all 4 road games but definitely didn't expect to go 1 - 4!  Other teams are starting to figure out that if you slow down CP3, JCross, & 1 on 1 type plays, the Clippers would fold. VDN needs to come up with better offensive sets and we need to stop with all the 1 on 1 type game.  I'll be at the game tonight so hopefully, we get back to what's been working and get this W!  Need more Energy from the jump! Let's Go, Clippers Let's Go!

Houston we have a problem. This is unexcusable. We are losing 4 in a row. Not only that to the Hornets? I think its time to hit the panic button. And Odom is a bum we could have traded for a better asset.

:smh: >: This is stating to look alot like last year's team with the standing around on offense, leaving 3 pt shooters wide open and making fake runs late in the game that amount to nothing. This is the type of **** that causes you homecourt in the playoffs, when you look back at the games that caused you to be a 5/6 seed instead of a 3rd seed. 8-6 is distrusting for a team this talented.

And for the love of god, why do we switch EVERY screen? No hedging or fighting over the screen. That's lazy defense to me.

And Blake's entitled to bad games offensively, but the lack of awareness of his man on defense is inexcusable. I count not even count how many times in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, he was standing around guarding air, while Ryan Anderson was making it rain.

Tuff Juice was cookin' though, kind of keep us in the game, until we had more defensive lapses.

Sorry for the long rant, I was pissed as hell watching this game.

Last edited:
I expect us to get our **** together these next few games. Plus Chauncey will be back real soon.

I'm not here to cause flames..

But just my own general curiosity..

With Chauncey coming back. Isn't there a worry about Crawford & Bledsoe losing a chunk of minutes to Billups?

Last edited:
:smh: >: This is stating to look alot like last year's team with the standing around on offense, leaving 3 pt shooters wide open and making fake runs late in the game that amount to nothing. This is the type of **** that causes you homecourt in the playoffs, when you look back at the games that caused you to be a 5/6 seed instead of a 3rd seed. 8-6 is distrusting for a team this talented.
And for the love of god, why do we switch EVERY screen? No hedging or fighting over the screen. That's lazy defense to me.
And Blake's entitled to bad games offensively, but the lack of awareness of his man on defense is inexcusable. I count not even count how many times in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, he was standing around guarding air, while Ryan Anderson was making it rain.
Tuff Juice was cookin' though, kind of keep us in the game, until we had more defensive lapses.
Sorry for the long rant, I was pissed as hell watching this game.

^^This^^:smh::x

With Chauncey coming back. Isn't there a worry about Crawford & Bledsoe losing a chunk of minutes to Billups?

All good mane. Not necessarily b/c Chauncey would be inserted into the starting lineup forcing Willie Green back to the bench where he belongs behind Jamal & Eric B so their minutes won't be in jeopardy.

BTW Vinny's rotations in tonight's game :x

L-O :x :rolleyes

No excuses though we suck period point blank. Still early though so no panic button pushing just yet.

Last edited:

Honestly I was not waiting for Chauncy to come back. We were playing like a winning team. Like a team with a great set of starters and awesome secondary unit. Now we are waiting for Chauncy wtf this is not how you win championships. Odom sucks, Blake seems to be scared to be himself, and Paul is just playing average basketball, we need some intensity.

Honestly I was not waiting for Chauncy to come back. We were playing like a winning team. Like a team with a great set of starters and awesome secondary unit. Now we are waiting for Chauncy wtf this is not how you win championships. Odom sucks, Blake seems to be scared to be himself, and Paul is just playing average basketball, we need some intensity.

So it's wrong to wait for Chauncey when last season we were a better team w/ him than w/o him?

I agree with you on all other points.

Last edited:
I have no words for last night. I'm just pissed and disgusted right now. People can complain about VDN, but to me these last few losses have been a out lack of focus, intensity and energy on the part of the players. I thought we had a bunch of pros who wouldn't let that happen, but I guess I was wrong. I'm predicting another L against Minny tomorrow, since they always seem to have our number. Maybe we'll get right against SAC on Friday, but I'm not hopeful. /end rant.

Not too concerned. We aren't as good as the team that won 5 straight against those teams and we're not as bad as losing 4 to these teams. People get too excited after a few games and panic after a few bad games.

We are better than last season tho and we can compete with every team.

Enjoy the season
:pimp:

I have no words for last night. I'm just pissed and disgusted right now. People can complain about VDN, but to me these last few losses have been a out lack of focus, intensity and energy on the part of the players. I thought we had a bunch of pros who wouldn't let that happen, but I guess I was wrong. I'm predicting another L against Minny tomorrow, since they always seem to have our number. Maybe we'll get right against SAC on Friday, but I'm not hopeful. /end rant.

I hope Paul, Billups and Butler put together a team meeting asap bc the lack of hustle, intensity and focus have been evident these last 4 games from "certain" star players whenever we play teams that are below .500 or not as good as us on paper. If it was Feb-March then I'd panic a lil but to do so this early in the season is preposterous. All the Clipper haters love what's happening to our team at the moment but I believe in our players and team leaders i.e. Paul/Billups/Butler and don't think we'll continue to tank unless the players have a hidden agenda for getting rid of Del Negro. Odom's goose eggs are starting to bother me. :rolleyes

Last edited:
^^^That's the thing though-we have good character guys and (supposedly) good leaders, so I really don't get why they no-show so often. Makes no sense.

Can't wait to see the crowd's reaction when his name get's announced :pimp:.

There's no way we should lose this game. If they don't come out with energy after this, idk what to say :lol:

There's no way we should lose this game. If they don't come out with energy after this, idk what to say :lol:

Yep. No excuses now. I was so pissed about the last game that I was considering not watching tonight, but the Chauncey comeback has made me change my mind.

Back
Top Bottom