OFFICIAL LA CLIPPERS 2012 OFFSEASON THREAD

Odom was sent to Dallas sorta like spam sent to your junk folder. That wasn't really where he wanted to be. He loves LA and won't be a "trojan horse" to this new look Clips squad.

Starting 5
pimp.gif

Paul
Young (Billups back in Jan)
Odom
Griffin
Jordan

Odom at a cheap price would be good but if he gets good he will want more. Wouldn't it be better to build young and not deal with possible cancers. We got options if we can resign Paul and griffin we can then start building around. We resign young Evans and bring in what we can for mo. If Paul resigns we can shop around bledsoe for the third piece for this championship.

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Odom at a cheap price would be good but if he gets good he will want more.

He'll sign for one year with a team option like all guys on their last chance do.  What he "wants" if and when he starts producing like his career stats won't be relevant to anything, really.

So odom for Mo ? Hope Odom plays like he used to. And can we still resign Young do we even have cap room?

Odom should return to form being back in familiar surroundings. You know CP3 won't tolerate any locker room bs too. Odom wants revenge.

So odom for Mo ? Hope Odom plays like he used to. And can we still resign Young do we even have cap room?
Don't need cap room.

Most we can offer Young is 120% of his last years salary, so $4.4M. Hard to see a team with room using it on Young, so you'd guess the most he'll get offered is the $5M MLE.

For a while now it's become apparent that Young will likely have the choice to stay in LA for slightly less than he could earn elsewhere.

Of course, if another team offers more than MLE, he should go. Clips could offer their MLE to him, but why not save that for a guy like KG or Ray Allen, or next year.

^^^ If Young can be had for a reasonable price, I'd like to see us keep him. Kid definitely has talent and I like that he's not afraid of big moments. I think that with a full training camp and more time to develop chemistry with the other guys, we'll see better things from him than we did this season. That said, I'm not sold on him as our full-time starter at 2, so if the chance to nab someone better comes along, the team should take it.

And, I like the Odom deal. Hope it gets done soon. Lamar definitely brings some thing we really need (i.e. scoring from a big other than Blake) and Mo is becoming a problem, so its time for him to go. Do it VDN/Sacks/Roeser.

Keeping Young seems to be important now since Billups probably won't return until January. 
I like the direction we're headed in that's for sure.
pimp.gif

I rather get young resigned then bring ray. Keep Chauncey and see what we can do with a healthy team.

Miami can have Sugar Ray. We need to lock up young and look for another big and possibly reserve SG/SF.
Martin more than likely will not return and hopefully we amnesty Gomes.

I wonder how much Kaman wants. Wouldnt mind him back at all. Hope we are in negotiation with Young already.

^^^ I haven't see anything about us negotiating with Young yet. I've heard we're working on re-signing Chauncey and have also talked to Jamal Crawford. I think getting Billups is a must just because CP3 wants it, so I'm glad they're working on that. As between Crawford and NY, I think I'd prefer Young. They're similar in terms of offensive abilities, but Young is younger, bigger and a better defender.

Its seems like we're focusing all of our attention on Jamal Crawford 
laugh.gif

I seriously hope Young's asking price isn't too high 
sick.gif

Courtney Lee is Available and I believe we have contacted him. I want Nick Young back too. BUt I think all hinges on this meeting with Ray Allen today. I love how we are making improvements to the team and filling holes that we had. CP3 is recruiting. I also like it that we are kinda under the radar to.

JUST DONT SIGN CRAWFORD!!!!

Crawford had a horrible year in Portland...on the bright side, he did up his number of 3 pointers made with an and 1 lol

Welcome to Clipper Nation Jamal Crawford and welcome back Chauncey!
pimp.gif

I now hope we can amnesty Gomes to sign Young.
frown.gif

Why is there no talk about young?? I am glad we got Billups but I dont know how is Crawford that big of an upgrade. Odom for Williams is a crap shoot but if Odom pans out it will be a good move. But I feel that we have only improved on paper. Plus the Reggie Evans move to me is
ohwell.gif

I'm not that excited by the Crawford signing, but I'm not that upset about it either. I've never been a huge fan of his, but he's definitely more talented than Randy Foye. Maybe playing with CP will bring out the best in him. Its also good to be brining Chauncey back. If we re-sign Young and get a quality back-up for DJ, I think we'll be better (on paper) going in to the next season than we were this year.

Nice to see the clips solidified their perimeter shooting, but they'll still need some heavy bigs who can get crucial boards when deandre + blake are on the bench... Reggie Evans are pretty crucial in that department..

SO much has happened in so little time.

Welcome to LA Grant Hill 8) & Ryan Hollins :x
34xfedi.jpg

Glad the homie Gomes got amnestied :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom