OFFICIAL LA CLIPPERS 2012 OFFSEASON THREAD

Overall, you all did pretty good this offseason. I really like the addition of Hill, because he's one of those hard workers with a high IQ. After playing against you all in the series, the hard workers (Martin, Evans, Bledsoe, Butler) + Paul beat us. But, a lot of guys with low IQ's (Foye, Young, Jordan) hurt you all against the veteran Spurs team. From an outsider looking in, I thought you all should've picked up Courtney Lee over Crawford. I just thought he would've fit much better overall.

Either way, we made moves too.

Can't wait for opening night :pimp:

>:

Overall, you all did pretty good this offseason. I really like the addition of Hill, because he's one of those hard workers with a high IQ. After playing against you all in the series, the hard workers (Martin, Evans, Bledsoe, Butler) + Paul beat us. But, a lot of guys with low IQ's (Foye, Young, Jordan) hurt you all against the veteran Spurs team. From an outsider looking in, I thought you all should've picked up Courtney Lee over Crawford. I just thought he would've fit much better overall.
Either way, we made moves too.
Can't wait for opening night :pimp:
>:

I wouldve and prefered Courtney Lee but Jamal was on the table at the time Courtney wasnt. So based off the timeeable of when Courtney was made available we didnt want to take a chance of us missing out on Jamal but I believe and really wanted courtney over jamal. It is what it is so im gonna ride with the team no matter what. I believe Jamal will be good, with CP3 getting him the ball in the right spots and himnot having to work so hard to create his own shot i think he will probably be more efficient.

I give us a grade of B+ because i truly believe there was some better moves that couldve been made.

PS - For some reason I have a gut feeling we are going to make a big push for Dwight at the trade deadline. Its gonna be DJ, Ebled, another player and a pick for Dwight.. Just have this gut feeling

Blake's back on the court

University of Oklahoma basketball player, Buddy Hield, claimed he could block a Blake Griffin dunk attempt. So the Clippers' star took on the challenge during his visit to his alma mater yesterday

Came in here to post that I believe the LAC could figure in the top-4, top-5 in the West. Wish they got Coach Malone instead of re-upping VDN for CP3 though.

Would like to see Quake take a step further in his face-up game.

^ Well they were 5th in the west last season and could have been 3rd if they didn't end the season with that bad losing streak...

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223490/Matt_Barnes_Agrees_To_Deal_With_Clippers
Welcome back to Clipper Nation Matty B! :nerd:

barnes_post_SEA_040124.jpg

barnes_dunleavy_11533557.jpg

:nthat:

Not bad for a 3rd string SF behind Hill/Butler.
A huge upgrade over the dead homie Ryan Gomes. :lol:

Last edited:
Money details not in the article. Anyone got figures?

Barnes provides length, versatility, and defense. He's a solid bench player. Didn't like his last stretch of games in a Lakers uni though.

Clipps bolstering there roster.

What's the starting 5 looking like, and potential backups for each of them?

Clipps bolstering there roster.
What's the starting 5 looking like, and potential backups for each of them?

C: Jordan, Hollins
PF: Griffin, Odom
SF: Butler, Hill
SG: Billups, Crawford
PG: Paul, Bledsoe

I think you'll see most of the bench minutes go to Bledsoe, Crawford, Odom and Hill. Hollins, Barnes and Willie Green probably won't see much time until there is an injury.

Ronny Turiaf > Ryan Hollins

I was JUST gonna say that... Rather have Turiaf than Hollins in there.

- Chauncey resigning = MAJOR (as long as he stays healthy)

- Ryan Gomes? HAPPY TRAILS! :nthat: :nthat:

- Being back in LA, let's hope Odom returns to his game.

- I like the Matt Barnes signing.

- Hate that we gave away Reggie Evans. I thought he should've been kept.

- Clips have a lot of wing players now. Crazy. Gonna be interesting seeing how VDN split up time with the talent he now has.

on a sidenote... on paper, which team has the best roster 1-10?

^^^All right, glad to see the rest of you have been keeping this thread going. I've been kind of slacking this summer. But I'm real happy with what the FO did this offseason. We're at least 2 deep with quality players at every position. I still say center is the weakest spot, but its not that big of a deal. Against some teams, we might be able to get a away with playing without a true C for long stretches. The biggest challenge is going to be for VDN, giving out the minutes to everyone.

I can't wait for the season to start.

C: Jordan, Hollins
PF: Griffin, Odom
SF: Butler, Hill
SG: Billups, Crawford
PG: Paul, Bledsoe
I think you'll see most of the bench minutes go to Bledsoe, Crawford, Odom and Hill. Hollins, Barnes and Willie Green probably won't see much time until there is an injury.
I rather play Willie Green than Bledsoe. He was like CP3 understudy in NO. Son can ball.

I rather play Willie Green than Bledsoe. He was like CP3 understudy in NO. Son can ball.

There is no reason why Willie Green should ever take minutes away from Bledsoe.

Mo Williams leaves and then we sign another player I can't stand in Barnes :smh:

Last edited:
There is no reason why Willie Green should ever take minutes away from Bledsoe

Agree. Plus, they play different roles. Green was signed to spot up and knock down 3s. Bledsoe is going to be a facilitator. I'm betting they'll end up playing together a lot. But after Bledsoe's performance in the playoffs last season, he needs to see the floor. He's the spark for the second unit.

Kind of like the Barnes signing, gives us another wing defender and he's also a really good rebounder for a wing, which was a big weakness for us the last couple of years. Wanted us to sign a young 3 with potential tho, like Terrence Williams or Dominic McGuire, but Barnes as our 3rd string SF isn't bad at all.

Last edited:
No NBA players can mess with Matt Barnes collection of authentic game worn NBA jersey lol. Talking about being an NBA journey man lol. I can't count how many team this guy has been with lol

No NBA players can mess with Matt Barnes collection of authentic game worn NBA jersey lol. Talking about being an NBA journey man lol. I can't count how many team this guy has been with lol

He's played for every team in the Pacific Division, plus the Sixers, Magic and Knicks. He's now played for the Clippers twice.

L.A. Clippers Open Scrimmage

We look forward to Clipper Nation joining us to kick off the 2012-13 NBA Season by inviting our best fans to our Open Scrimmage on Wednesday, October 3. This event will be held at the USC Galen Center, with doors opening at 5:15 PM.

What: LA Clippers Open Scrimmage
Date: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Where: USC Galen Center, 3400 S. Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90007
Time: Doors open at 5:15 PM until 7:00 PM
Enter: Either North or South Entrances off Figueroa St
Parking: USC Lots = $20​

During the event fans will see behind the scenes of a working NBA training camp practice. Ralph Lawler will introduce the 2012-13 LA Clippers team, and the evening will finish with an inter-squad scrimmage beginning at 6:30 PM. The event is open to the public and fans are advised to arrive early to avoid traffic delays and lines at the entrances. Last year’s turnout exceeded 8,000 fans.

USC Event Parking = $20
Parking Center UPX is located on Jefferson St just under the 110 freeway. Enter off 35th St west of Grand Ave.
Parking Structure 1 is located on W. 37th Pl, which is just South of Exposition Ave and can be accessed from either S. Figueroa St or Flower Ave.
Parking Structure 2 is located behind the Radisson Hotel and can be entered from Figueroa St just south of McCarthy Way.

Contact USC Transportation Services at 213-740-3575 for parking information.
Reminder – The new Metro Expo Rail Line is operational with a stop available at Jefferson/USC.

some pics from last night's open scrimmage at USC

2012-2013 nba los angeles clippers, L.A. chris paul, blake griffin, chauncey billups, lamar odom, matt barnes, eric bledsoe, caron butler, jamal crawford, photos pictures, lob city

^^^ Thanks, YBD. Nice pics. Good to see that Blake's knee is apparently fine.

Did anyone go to the scrimmage?

Back
Top Bottom