Official: LA Noire Thread PS3 & XBOX 360: Game Drops On 5/17: GOTY For 2011: DLC Info On Page 35

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

What is a respected gaming website then, oh wise one....
I'd like to know too 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by MR J 858

I'm sorry but people need to just wake up & realize IGN is not a respected website for gaming reviews. They lost all credibility when they gave GTA IV a perfect 10 score on their review.

What makes any website respectable then?  Truth be told reviews are no more than opinions.  Just because it's their opinion it doesn't make it better or even less valuable than yours. 

I'm sorry but people need to just wake up & realize IGN is not a respected website for gaming reviews. They lost all credibility when they gave GTA IV a perfect 10 score on their review.

What makes any website respectable then?  Truth be told reviews are no more than opinions.  Just because it's their opinion it doesn't make it better or even less valuable than yours. 

Game reviews don't sway me one way or another.

I have my mind made up whether or not to get a game well beforehand.

I usually watch them to get sneak peeks of gameplay footage, which is why I really like Gamespot and Gametrailers video reviews

Game reviews don't sway me one way or another.

I have my mind made up whether or not to get a game well beforehand.

I usually watch them to get sneak peeks of gameplay footage, which is why I really like Gamespot and Gametrailers video reviews

I like GT. The idea is to get a sense of the consensus instead of relying on one single website. Obviously, a review can only summarize the quality of the game so far but it can determine whether a game is worth buying or not. For example, Homefront was hyped. The commercial looked good and gameplay can be made to look good. But is it fun? is it worth playing? is it worth retail? reviews clarified this for me. I decided no. Some of my friends bought it, and traded it in soon after. Dodged a bullet thanks to reviews.

Very few games are worth $59.99. Multiplayer is a huge part of the game's longevity. A game like this can be really good but ultimately, will collect dust sooner rather later. Bioshock is one of the best games I've ever played but I probably won't play through it again. I never said this wasn't worth buying. I simply said lack of multiplayer in any game will make it difficult to justify $59.99 on said game.

I like GT. The idea is to get a sense of the consensus instead of relying on one single website. Obviously, a review can only summarize the quality of the game so far but it can determine whether a game is worth buying or not. For example, Homefront was hyped. The commercial looked good and gameplay can be made to look good. But is it fun? is it worth playing? is it worth retail? reviews clarified this for me. I decided no. Some of my friends bought it, and traded it in soon after. Dodged a bullet thanks to reviews.

Very few games are worth $59.99. Multiplayer is a huge part of the game's longevity. A game like this can be really good but ultimately, will collect dust sooner rather later. Bioshock is one of the best games I've ever played but I probably won't play through it again. I never said this wasn't worth buying. I simply said lack of multiplayer in any game will make it difficult to justify $59.99 on said game.

gametrailers
famitsu
metacritic
gamespot

ign bashes games in their review but yet they get high scores

gametrailers
famitsu
metacritic
gamespot

ign bashes games in their review but yet they get high scores

I'm jealous.  My ps3 got the yellow light of death a few weeks ago.  Crappy timing since my semester just ended.  I was able to power it up a few times, I have to try again so I can do a system backup.  I've been wanting this game, guess I'll have to wait until I have money to buy a ps3 slim.  
tired.gif

I'm jealous.  My ps3 got the yellow light of death a few weeks ago.  Crappy timing since my semester just ended.  I was able to power it up a few times, I have to try again so I can do a system backup.  I've been wanting this game, guess I'll have to wait until I have money to buy a ps3 slim.  
tired.gif

I'm definitely going to get this game tomorrow, the only thing is after you put in 20+ hours in the game and complete the story mode what is there to really do? 
ohwell.gif
I hope they already have DLC with extra cases coming soon

I'm definitely going to get this game tomorrow, the only thing is after you put in 20+ hours in the game and complete the story mode what is there to really do? 
ohwell.gif
I hope they already have DLC with extra cases coming soon

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

i dont think the game is worth me going to a midnight release....the no multiplayer really will hurt this game. Rockstar needs to put out a DLC for that immediately. Unfortunately, this game could go down as #3 as most hyped up game of year to flop. Joining the likes of HomeFront and Brink.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

One of the dumbest posts I've seen here.
I'd love to hear how you believe that is a dumb post. When what I stated was 100% factual.

i dont think the game is worth me going to a midnight release....the no multiplayer really will hurt this game. Rockstar needs to put out a DLC for that immediately. Unfortunately, this game could go down as #3 as most hyped up game of year to flop. Joining the likes of HomeFront and Brink.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I'd love to hear how you believe that is a dumb post. When what I stated was 100% factual.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

This game is out of Brink and Homefronts league and how is this game a flop when it hasn't even released
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The reason for the hype is that it's R* and has been in production for 7 years and most people thought that it would never be made. You really think that a game that's taken this much time to make to get all the detail,new technology and story is gonna flop and why in the world would there be multiplayer in a game like this? This isn't a GTA or RDR shoot em up type game. It's sort of like heavy rain,did you think that needed multiplayer?
eyes.gif

You're buying this game for the story mode and nothing else and you don't need anything else with this game,the main story is 25 - 30 hrs long and needed 3 disks to fit on.

30t6p3b.gif
@ some gamers thinking that EVERY game needs multiplayer.

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

This game is out of Brink and Homefronts league and how is this game a flop when it hasn't even released
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The reason for the hype is that it's R* and has been in production for 7 years and most people thought that it would never be made. You really think that a game that's taken this much time to make to get all the detail,new technology and story is gonna flop and why in the world would there be multiplayer in a game like this? This isn't a GTA or RDR shoot em up type game. It's sort of like heavy rain,did you think that needed multiplayer?
eyes.gif

You're buying this game for the story mode and nothing else and you don't need anything else with this game,the main story is 25 - 30 hrs long and needed 3 disks to fit on.

30t6p3b.gif
@ some gamers thinking that EVERY game needs multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom