Official: LA Noire Thread PS3 & XBOX 360: Game Drops On 5/17: GOTY For 2011: DLC Info On Page 35

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Furrell

GOTY? Not this year. There's a good amount of competition. If it came out in '10, it would have been a lock.
*Possible. There are GREAT games coming out like Mass Effect 3,Uncharted 3,Arkham City,Half Life 2:episode 3 and Gears 3 but it's been in development for a long time so I'm not expecting anything less than a 9.5+ game

Ehh... last year before R* put out Red Dead Redemption everyone including me thought that game was going to suck and people were saying it was "GTA on a horse"
laugh.gif
. But at the same time the reason why people were saying that because a lot of people were still pissed & disappointed with GTA IV. Last year God Of War III and Mass Effect II were the leading games for GOTY by the end of the year RDR was cleaning up with most of the serious GOTY awards from the media.

But yeah this year the competition is going to be tough.
I still don't understand how people felt disappointed by GTA IV. It's one of the best games during this gaming generation imo and has so much stuff to do,great story,graphics(at the time),gameplay and has some of the best re-playability for a game.

I was looking forward to RDR just because it was a R* game and was not disappointed. It deserved those awards in my opinions and I also have high hopes for LA Noire,I remember being pissed that it was a ps3 exclusive
mad.gif
and finally finding out that it was gonna be on both
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great year for gaming man
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Furrell

GOTY? Not this year. There's a good amount of competition. If it came out in '10, it would have been a lock.
*Possible. There are GREAT games coming out like Mass Effect 3,Uncharted 3,Arkham City,Half Life 2:episode 3 and Gears 3 but it's been in development for a long time so I'm not expecting anything less than a 9.5+ game

Ehh... last year before R* put out Red Dead Redemption everyone including me thought that game was going to suck and people were saying it was "GTA on a horse"
laugh.gif
. But at the same time the reason why people were saying that because a lot of people were still pissed & disappointed with GTA IV. Last year God Of War III and Mass Effect II were the leading games for GOTY by the end of the year RDR was cleaning up with most of the serious GOTY awards from the media.

I still don't understand how people felt disappointed by GTA IV. It's one of the best games during this gaming generation imo and has so much stuff to do,great story,graphics(at the time),gameplay and has some of the best re-playability for a game.

I was looking forward to RDR just because it was a R* game and was not disappointed. It deserved those awards in my opinions and I also have high hopes for LA Noire,I remember being pissed that it was a ps3 exclusive
mad.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

mad.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
GTA IV is a sore subject on here and on many other forums mainly because it got perfect 10 scores from literally every major gaming website (IGN, Gamespot) when it clearly didn't deserve it. Also you got to remember that going into GTA IV that the GTA franchise was coming off the crazy epic success from the last console generation with GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas where those games during that era were the biggest games for that console generation. So yeah the expectation & HYPE for GTA IV was unreal where it never could live up to it and just got worse with the perfect 10 scores and when people actually played & completed at least the main storyline were left highly disappointed.

R* sort of made up for it withe DLC packs for GTA IV where at least "The Ballad Of Gay Tony" was very fun and IMHO should have been what GTA IV was in the first place.

laugh.gif

mad.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
GTA IV is a sore subject on here and on many other forums mainly because it got perfect 10 scores from literally every major gaming website (IGN, Gamespot) when it clearly didn't deserve it. Also you got to remember that going into GTA IV that the GTA franchise was coming off the crazy epic success from the last console generation with GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas where those games during that era were the biggest games for that console generation. So yeah the expectation & HYPE for GTA IV was unreal where it never could live up to it and just got worse with the perfect 10 scores and when people actually played & completed at least the main storyline were left highly disappointed.

R* sort of made up for it withe DLC packs for GTA IV where at least "The Ballad Of Gay Tony" was very fun and IMHO should have been what GTA IV was in the first place.

all rockstar games are the same too me...

i didnt like the feel of red dead tho the character movement was weird

ill cop this tho need a game like this

all rockstar games are the same too me...

i didnt like the feel of red dead tho the character movement was weird

ill cop this tho need a game like this

I have been looking forward to this game. Love the setting, love the direction of the story but I just dont want this to be too similar to GTA and RDR. From some of the videos it looks very similar to Heavy Rain which I sent back to Gamefly 5min after playing it.I just a sucker for a good story and this looks like it may have it. But my questions about it make it a gametime decision for me. Gonna read all the reviews when they come out and i'll see whats up.

I have been looking forward to this game. Love the setting, love the direction of the story but I just dont want this to be too similar to GTA and RDR. From some of the videos it looks very similar to Heavy Rain which I sent back to Gamefly 5min after playing it.I just a sucker for a good story and this looks like it may have it. But my questions about it make it a gametime decision for me. Gonna read all the reviews when they come out and i'll see whats up.

Speaking of GTA IV that reminds me that I still haven't beaten the main game or the DLC packs.

I got stuck on that second helicopter mission with Little Jacob and rather than break my disc in two out of frustration I stopped playing it.
laugh.gif

I need to get on that though I'm eager to play BOGT because it's gotten good reviews but I want to beat the main game first.

Speaking of GTA IV that reminds me that I still haven't beaten the main game or the DLC packs.

I got stuck on that second helicopter mission with Little Jacob and rather than break my disc in two out of frustration I stopped playing it.
laugh.gif

I need to get on that though I'm eager to play BOGT because it's gotten good reviews but I want to beat the main game first.

GTAIV was garbage imo, 1st time through didn't even bother finishing it. I just replayed couple months back just to finish what I paid for.

Is LA Noire an open world sandbox? I heard rumors it isn't.

GTAIV was garbage imo, 1st time through didn't even bother finishing it. I just replayed couple months back just to finish what I paid for.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

There is some confusion but the last article I read was that the main story line is kind of linear but the city is a open sandbox where you can explore and do side quests.

Check out this article:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1162011p1.html

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

There is some confusion but the last article I read was that the main story line is kind of linear but the city is a open sandbox where you can explore and do side quests.

Check out this article:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1162011p1.html

The game's main character Cole Phelps is played by actor Aaron Staton who is known for playing the role of Ken Cosgrove on the TV show Mad Men.

The game's main character Cole Phelps is played by actor Aaron Staton who is known for playing the role of Ken Cosgrove on the TV show Mad Men.

I remember reading that a few months ago. Another reason why I've been waiting for this game. Huge Mad Men fan.

Back
Top Bottom