OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

It's no secret that what kills a Lakers team is an active PG who can get to the hoop, running the pick and roll, with spot up shooters around him. This has been going on for years.

now I didn't get to watch the game last night but please tell me if that sums up how the Hornets beat us.

It's no secret that what kills a Lakers team is an active PG who can get to the hoop, running the pick and roll, with spot up shooters around him. This has been going on for years.

now I didn't get to watch the game last night but please tell me if that sums up how the Hornets beat us.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Yup. Since the Shaq days, the pick and roll has been our achilles tendon.

^^ i used to have nightmares of hearing stockton to malone...stockton to malone...stockton to malone when they would kill us back in the day
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

i swear were a hot and cold team...word to katy perry
devil.gif
devil.gif

speaking of which hopefully this will brighten up the mood
3636272835_28fe14c8cb.jpg

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Man, for some reason I want the Lakers to play OKC in the first round. Send these young dudes home early and destroy any confidence they had
devil.gif

Luke should be back in the next couple games or so. 

Then when Bynum gets back and Lamar goes back to the bench, we'll start to see some production again.  Luke and Lamar handle running the triangle, Shannon and Farmar handle running around like chickens with their heads cut off.  But, that seems to be when they play better, so it seems like Phil lets it slide as long as he has 2-3 guys out there that can keep the offense moving even if it's not the gaurds running it. 
laugh.gif

7 games left. You think we crack 60 wins? Does that even matter at this point? (Besides the whole if Phil gets 60+ he wins a ship angle)

these point guards make smush, atkins, and tierre brown look like hall of famers
smh.gif

I think Gasol is a lost case until he puts on 20 pounds or so...

I wonder what positives fisher will get from his terrible shooting again

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

we need bynum back.. at least he will block shots and not let the other team get alot of layups.

he should come off the bench when he comes back and put keep lamar in the starting 5

No. 

Bynum coming off the bench is pointless and a backwards move.  Why bring Lamar off the bench the whole entire season and then start him in the playoffs? 

Besides, Lamar is the one that runs the second team the best, Bynum can't do that. 

Now in the 4th quarter, certainly Lamar will get more minutes then Bynum will most nights, but in terms of simply starting, making a switch after 75 games is pointless, futile, and damn near giving up. 

Nice to see Bynum being respected now, funny how that works. 
laugh.gif

CP I agree, it's funny Bynum goes down and then people see that he actually helps our team. Ska of course still will find some reason he doesn't but everyone else that isn't a cynic does.

It's not that we couldn't win with this team it's more that the ball doesn't see the post as often when Bynum isn't there. With him out they can double down on Pau and disrupt the triangle leaving less time on the shot clock to make something happen. Now I didn't see the game v ATL but I am sure some of that happened, at least that's what I would do to stop them.

I hope Bynum comes back soon because without him we don't win the Finals, we might, and I mean might get there but I don't see the Lakers winning it all without him. That is not a panic statement I am just being realistic.

What about:
PG Jordan
SG Bryant
SF Odom
PF Gasol
C Bynum

and put Artest on the bench!
(i know i know he had a good game last night)
but he´s has been playing like a scrub!!!

Like I said in the game thread with ATL, Luke is our security blanket, we need him to be there for the second unit because Farmar, Brown, Sasha, anybody without LO messes up way too much. Luke will get the triangle working and less of this Shannon Brown one on one BS. I swear, I knew everytime this guy made a pull-up J, it was bitter-sweet because then he would take 5 more after that thinking he's Kobe. Luke will run the offense and isnt too atrocious on defense either, and he gets the starters going to when he's in there as well. Once we get Fish, Kobe, Artest, Gasoft, Drew in the starting lineup and LO and Walton off the bench, we'll be good, no need to panic, just need to get some games for Luke so he can get into game shape.

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Like I said in the game thread with ATL, Luke is our security blanket, we need him to be there for the second unit because Farmar, Brown, Sasha, anybody without LO messes up way too much. Luke will get the triangle working and less of this Shannon Brown one on one BS. I swear, I knew everytime this guy made a pull-up J, it was bitter-sweet because then he would take 5 more after that thinking he's Kobe. Luke will run the offense and isnt too atrocious on defense either, and he gets the starters going to when he's in there as well. Once we get Fish, Kobe, Artest, Gasoft, Drew in the starting lineup and LO and Walton off the bench, we'll be good, no need to panic, just need to get some games for Luke so he can get into game shape.
OK
i will try to stay cool! 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kobe8is

What about:
PG Jordan
SG Bryant
SF Odom
PF Gasol
C Bynum Mbenga
pimp.gif

this 

artest can be what manu brought to the spurs...come off the bench provide offense and defense to control that 2nd unit

also with drew coming off the bench he can be that fresh 7 footer that can possibly outplay the other teams back up center...just a thought
laugh.gif

keri oh keri
devil.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by kobe8is

What about:
PG Jordan
SG Bryant
SF Odom
PF Gasol
C Bynum Mbenga
pimp.gif

this 

artest can be what manu brought to the spurs...come off the bench provide offense and defense to control that 2nd unit

also with drew coming off the bench he can be that fresh 7 footer that can possibly outplay the other teams back up center...just a thought
laugh.gif

keri oh keri
devil.gif

Bynum's is a juvenile and he doesnt have the mental capacity to come off the bench after establishing himself as a starter. He does really well against starters IMO. I think if anything, Gasoft should come off the bench with Fish and Walton and then he'll get all the touches he wants in the second unit. Or putting Walton in the starting line up so Artest can be the in second unit would be good too. I think Kobe, LO and Bynum are good enough for us to keep it together at the start and the second unit will then just rip apart other teams second units. Starters - Farmar, Kobe, Artest, LO, Bynum. Bench - Fish, Shannon, Walton, Pau.

Back
Top Bottom