OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

^

Welcome back tupac.

Yeah Lakers are struggling but I'm not worried about it. Mavs & Nuggets in the west don't really scare me and I think Cavs will manage to choke again in the ECF against Orlando or Boston.

But yeah I agree we need a shooter. Hopefully Mitch can get rid of Sasha this summer and bring in Mike Miller.

Idk if it's the injuries but Kobe is lookin' like he lost a step. Playing terrible lately.

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

anybody get their kobe jerseys shipped from the lakers store sale? My status still says order created.

same here, i ordered mine early last monday and haven't heard anything yet.

i've tried calling their customer service number but no one ever picks up during the hours their open.

the price for the 3 kobe authentics i got was great but this websites pathetic lack of communication is a joke. i've tried emailing them twice but got no response. im going to try emailing them again today.   if/when i do get ahold of someone from the site, im going to ask for free shipping on my order.  i live in LA and their located in LA so they shouldn't have charged me over $20 for shipping to begin with.

also in a worse case scenario if they cancel my order, im going to press them hard about honoring the sale when they do get a restock on kobe authentics.

i would be fine with the delays, since i know their site froze and they got a ton of orders last week when the sale was on  had they just sent a simple email saying there would be delays.  their lack of commuincation is what has frustrated me the most.

now on to the laker game yesterday.   that crap was unacceptable.  they played like some gutless chumps and they better make up for it in denver.

Here is the financial break down on Kobe's 3 year contract extension:

Bryant's contract

More details emerged about Bryant's contract extension that he signed Friday. The guard's three-year deal is worth $83.546 million, just below the league maximum of about $90 million, according to several NBA team officials who were not authorized to speak publicly.

His three-year deal averages out to $27.85 million per season.

Bryant, who earns $23 million this season and $24.8 million next season, will get $25.244 million for the 2011-12 season, $27.849 million 2012-13 and $30.453 million in the 2013-14 season when he turns 35.

Bryant, 31, has a no-trade clause in the contract, but he doesn't have an opt-out clause as he had in his last contract.

However, if Bryant does accept a trade, his contract has a trade kicker that could be worth as much as 15% of the remaining years left on the contract.
Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...00406-19,0,7904348.story

A lot of people on here and on Laker forums have been complaining saying Kobe didn't take a pay cut, he's selfish blah blah blah .

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

anybody get their kobe jerseys shipped from the lakers store sale? My status still says order created.

i've tried calling their customer service number but no one ever picks up during the hours their open.

the price for the 3 kobe authentics i got was great but this websites pathetic lack of communication is a joke. i've tried emailing them twice but got no response. im going to try emailing them again today.   if/when i do get ahold of someone from the site, im going to ask for free shipping on my order.  i live in LA and their located in LA so they shouldn't have charged me over $20 for shipping to begin with.

also in a worse case scenario if they cancel my order, im going to press them hard about honoring the sale when they do get a restock on kobe authentics.

i would be fine with the delays, since i know their site froze and they got a ton of orders last week when the sale was on  had they just sent a simple email saying there would be delays.  their lack of commuincation is what has frustrated me the most.

now on to the laker game yesterday.   that crap was unacceptable.  they played like some gutless chumps and they better make up for it in denver.
I got my jersey yesterday. My first authentic.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Bryant's contract

More details emerged about Bryant's contract extension that he signed Friday. The guard's three-year deal is worth $83.546 million, just below the league maximum of about $90 million, according to several NBA team officials who were not authorized to speak publicly.

Bryant, who earns $23 million this season and $24.8 million next season, will get $25.244 million for the 2011-12 season, $27.849 million 2012-13 and $30.453 million in the 2013-14 season when he turns 35.

Bryant, 31, has a no-trade clause in the contract, but he doesn't have an opt-out clause as he had in his last contract.

However, if Bryant does accept a trade, his contract has a trade kicker that could be worth as much as 15% of the remaining years left on the contract.
Link:

A lot of people on here and on Laker forums have been complaining saying Kobe didn't take a pay cut, he's selfish blah blah blah .

Well we could never trade him..damn.

Like I said I wish he maybe would have taken a pay cut but come on now. We have delt with Mr. Bryant for years now and we should know that never would have happened. All I know is he needs rest. His jumper has just been
sick.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Bryant's contract

Link:

Well we could never trade him..damn.

Like I said I wish he maybe would have taken a pay cut but come on now. We have delt with Mr. Bryant for years now and we should know that never would have happened. All I know is he needs rest. His jumper has just been
sick.gif

I hear what your saying and yeah it would have been nice if he would have taken more of a pay cut like Tim Duncan did on his last contract extension. But at the same time why should he have to take a pay cut? When the man is still is playing at a high level, arguably the best player on the planet, hardest working player on & off the court in the league, has been playing through injuries the past 2 seasons.

This isn't like when Shaq was demanding his $30+ million a year contract extension back in 04. That I could never agree with Shaq getting extension and that's one of the main reasons why Shaq got traded to Miami. I mean Shaq was like what 32 at the time and was being lazy, not taking care of his body. Dr. Buss saw all this and knew it was time to move on and trade Shaq.

Updated: April 6, 2010, 7:27 PM ET

[h2]Still no timetable for Bynum's return[/h2]

By Dave McMenamin
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers starting center Andrew Bynum has missed the last eight games with a strained left Achilles tendon and while there is no official timetable set for when the 7-footer will return, head coach Phil Jackson told Bynum on Tuesday not to feel pressured to rush back for the five remaining games left in the regular season.

[h4]More on the Lakers[/h4]
lal.gif

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky Brothers. Blog

"I'm not holding my breath on a timetable," Jackson said after the team's practice that ran about a half-hour longer than usual after an off day on Monday.

"It's going to take some time and we just don't know when. Obviously we'd like to have him play a couple games at the end of the season, but this morning I told him, 'If that's not possible, we'll take whatever we get in the playoffs at that time.'"

The Lakers have five games in the next eight days before the regular season ends on April 14.

Bynum underwent a second MRI on the Achilles on Monday that Jackson described as "inconclusive as far as any major injury going on."

Jackson said Bynum will accompany the team on its upcoming two-game road trip so he can continue with his therapy and be close to the training staff that will also travel with the team through Denver and Minnesota.

Jackson said Bynum is experiencing "discomfort" and starts to feel "tender and sore" after exercise that requires him to jump, but remained positive about how the 22-year-old was making progress.

"Everything is forward with him," Jackson said. "It's a matter of rehabilitation and getting himself back in shape.

"I think he's optimistic. I really do. I think his mood is good. He wants to be playing obviously, but he can't. But he doesn't see that it's going to be a serious thing that's going to linger and have any ramifications for his future or career or anything like that. It's just a matter of time."

Last season Bynum returned to the Lakers lineup from a torn MCL in his right knee with just four regular season games remaining after sustaining the injury in late January and never quite found his rhythm throughout the Lakers championship run.

Pau Gasol said that Bynum's return will be different this time around.

"I think it won't be as hard as last year," Gasol said. "I think his injury is not as complicated as it was last year. He hasn't been out as long so it will be easier, the process. We hope that he can come back before the regular season is over so he can get back into the flow of things and in the rhythm, but it's up to his injury to say or determine where he's at. We don't want him to rush it."

Bynum is averaging 15.0 points and 8.3 rebounds on the season.

When asked how he was feeling as he walked out of the practice facility, the fifth-year veteran said, "About the same," and left for an appearance to award a prize to a poster-contest winner at a local YMCA.

Dave McMenamin covers the Lakers for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

nerd.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
- deja vu

Drew Bynum was a non factor last season in the playoffs, let's hope he takes all the trash talking he hears about him being injury prome and performs well this post season.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Lakers need to ship out andrew while his value is still cool,

i think his value has dropped huge... how many injuries has he had already? and how old is he?

I mean Shaq was like what 32 at the time and was being lazy, not taking care of his body

Kobe is 31 and not taking care of his body. playing on injuries is STUPID. how long has he had a broken finger? if kobe was all about the team and winning another ring, dont you think he would have rested? it was only the regular season. as soon as his first injury he should have sat it out. But he didnt UNTIL his injuries took a huge toll on him. you gotta be smarter than that and realize the playoffs are what matters. and the season takes a toll on your body enough as it is but with injuries to the finger, ankle, and back?

some of the worst ball i ever seen kobe play the last two games.... didnt on friday he had a stretch where he shot 1 for 16????

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i think his value has dropped huge... how many injuries has he had already? and how old is he?

I mean Shaq was like what 32 at the time and was being lazy, not taking care of his body

Kobe is 31 and not taking care of his body. playing on injuries is STUPID. how long has he had a broken finger? if kobe was all about the team and winning another ring, dont you think he would have rested? it was only the regular season. as soon as his first injury he should have sat it out. But he didnt UNTIL his injuries took a huge toll on him. you gotta be smarter than that and realize the playoffs are what matters. and the season takes a toll on your body enough as it is but with injuries to the finger, ankle, and back?

some of the worst ball i ever seen kobe play the last two games.... didnt on friday he had a stretch where he shot 1 for 16????
Listen to yourself. 

He don't play, we don't get the 1 seed in the west.  Think that don't matter?  Watch the Spurs get knocked the @#$% out in the first round and tell me a team can coast on into the playoffs without HC and still move on. 

Kobe doesn't take care of his body. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I've heard it all in here now. 

Originally Posted by presequel

no reason for kobe to take a paycut. its up to management to put the best team around him.
Kobe's contract alone is going to take up half of the salary cap, so there isn't going to be any flexibility at all with free agency except the MLE each season.

His salary is going UP while his ability as an athlete is going DOWN. I think that's more than enough reason to take a pay cut regardless of the salary cap situation.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Listen to yourself. 

He don't play, we don't get the 1 seed in the west.  Think that don't matter?  Watch the Spurs get knocked the @#$% out in the first round and tell me a team can coast on into the playoffs without HC and still move on. 

Kobe doesn't take care of his body. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I've heard it all in here now. 

for real though CP...kobe doesnt take of his body? esta loca? kobe doesnt take care of his body?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

this is why maybe they paid him this much...dude is playing through injuries...i remember we used to give shaq crap for sitting out with his little toe injuries and other non serious injuries

Lakers need to ship out andrew while his value is still cool
QFT

Kobe doesn't take care of his body. WHAT!!!!!
smh.gif

I think what noble means is Kobe isn't taking care of his body by sitting out while injured. I don't agree with it though, he has always been this way, it's a huge part of who he is. He isn't going to change who he is. He is a tough guy and doesn't like to lose knowing he could be out there helping his team win. He isn't going to sit out unless he cannot physically help his team.

I know the argument is that he is hurting his team by shooting so poorly and not playing up to what he normally plays when 100%. I see that point but Kobe wouldn't be Kobe if he sat out. We all praise him for having that killer instinct and never say die attitude, but when he gets hurt you want him to sit out? Not me, if he thinks he can play he can play.

I look to see Kobe start getting into playoff form this last stretch into the playoffs. If we are going to point the finger at any problem we have it is our bench, or lack thereof.

With that said I can't wait till Bynum comes back. And for those that think he is a non-factor I beg to differ, he does things that prevent points and won't show up on stat sheets. He alters the opposing offense directly and indirectly, I guarantee you that teams would prefer to play the Lakers without him that with him!

Originally Posted by Wings90

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

I got my jersey yesterday. My first authentic.
pimp.gif

I ordered my jersey on March 29th right when they went on sale and received it on Wed, March 31st. No problems for me.

It sucks that Bynum goes down at crucial moments. But LA should be use to be playing w/o him and need to get a good run b4 the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom