OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

It's cool to see Kobe's parents court side at almost every single Laker playoff game this year. But was really surprised they were also there tonight in Utah. I remember reading before in the la times he had a big falling out with his parents after he hooked up and married Vanessa and that he didn't talk to them until his 1st daughter was born.

Also haven't seen this pic before from Kobe's 1st ring during the 99-2000 championship run.

kobe.jpg

laugh.gif
dude Kobe look a lot like his mom .
hope everyone on the team stay healthy . Also when is the machine back ? I kinda miss his annoying defense on other team players
roll.gif

u guys should already know by now how superstitious I am, so i'm not going to act like we're going to beat the suns, since our next game is vs. the Jazz.

but... it would definitely be sweet if we bounced the suns out a couple times while nash is still there.

as for the game last night, kobe and pau were so clutch the last couple minutes. I was going nuts here @ wrk.
smokin.gif
I was watching w/ a cpl guys here @ wrk, and on both of kobe's final 2 threeballs, I was like 'No, no, no... go to th... YEAH!!! HELL YEAH!! KOBE IS RIDICULOUS!!!'
laugh.gif

u guys should already know by now how superstitious I am, so i'm not going to act like we're going to beat the suns, since our next game is vs. the Jazz.

but... it would definitely be sweet if we bounced the suns out a couple times while nash is still there.

as for the game last night, kobe and pau were so clutch the last couple minutes. I was going nuts here @ wrk.
smokin.gif
I was watching w/ a cpl guys here @ wrk, and on both of kobe's final 2 threeballs, I was like 'No, no, no... go to th... YEAH!!! HELL YEAH!! KOBE IS RIDICULOUS!!!'
laugh.gif

Anyone know where to get one of those shirts that says "Andrew, Derek, Lamar, Pau, & Kobe" on the front? Or what they're called?

It's hilarious how y'all stay talkin' about Zodogg even when he's been perma-banned from #NT.

He hurt your guys' feelings that much?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

It's hilarious how y'all stay talkin' about Zodogg even when he's been perma-banned from #NT.

He hurt your guys' feelings that much?
laugh.gif
Nah the dude is a legend on here because of the epic crazy crap he spewed on here on any NBA team against the Suns. Dude would get so heated on here that he would go off on cities & states teams played in, and wished death on certain players
laugh.gif

Also the fact that he got at least 5 of his NT user names banned on here in less than 2 years was also
laugh.gif

Listen to this fool Jordan Farmar.

Good riddance after this season.
[h1]Farmar wants to be starting point guard in NBA next season[/h1]

Jordan Farmar is going to be a starting point guard next year in the NBA.

He is certain about it.

He doesn't know what team he'll be playing on, and he isn't sure what city he'll be living in.

But he will be a starter.

"Absolutely. I will be," Farmar said.

Farmar and his Lakers teammates are in Utah tonight for Game 3 of their second round playoff series against the Jazz. A victory gives the Lakers a commanding 3-0 lead in the best-of-4 series.

As usual, Farmar will come off the bench tonight as a backup to Derek Fisher, a role he's played since joining the Lakers in 2006 as a first-round pick out of UCLA, and one he is determined to do as diligently as possible to help the Lakers defend their NBA title.

Farmar is playing 13.1 minutes per game through eight playoff games, averaging 5.6 points per game as one of the Lakers primary role players along with Shannon Brown, Lamar Odom and Luke Walton.

Everyone but Odom is averaging below 17 minutes per game.

"We just have to make the most of it and try to be as effective as we can with the minutes we get and just keep a clear mind," Farmar said.

But that doesn't mean he has to like it.

And it certainly doesn't mean he views himself

as a long-term bench player.

He aspires for a much bigger role than that,

and feels he is more than ready to assume it.

Beginning next year.

"I am going to be a starter next season," he said confidently.

Ideally it will be with the Lakers, but that remains to be seen.

As a fourth-year player, Farmar is in the final year of his rookie contract, and if the Lakers decide in the offseason to extend a qualifying offer to him, they will have the right to match any free-agent contract he receives from another team.

All of those decisions, on both the Lakers' side and Farmar's, will in part be based on a set of other unrelated decisions that still have to be made.

Namely, whether Phil Jackson returns as head coach and continues to run the triangle offense - which doesn't suit Farmar's skill set - and whether Fisher, who is also in the final year of his contract, remains with the team.

As a result, Farmar is preparing for the possibility he'll be playing for New York, Charlotte, Atlanta or for any other team that needs a starting point guard.

"That's my goal, that's the caliber of player I feel I am and the type of player I am in this league," Farmar said.

It just hasn't happened with the Lakers, and while Farmar accepts his current role, that doesn't mean he likes it or isn't constantly fighting through bouts of frustration while trying to make the most of his minutes on the floor, only to be yanked back to the bench if a play or two doesn't go his way.

The fourth quarter of Game 2 is a good example.

Farmar made a 3-pointer to put the Lakers up by 11 with 9:16 remaining, but two minutes later his shot was blocked on a drive to the basket, and the Jazz followed with a basket to cut the lead to five.

Farmar was out of the game on the next timeout, and he was visibly frustrated.

"Not so much with getting pulled out of the game," Farmar said. "Just with the understanding that that was it, my night was over. Now I have to go back to the bench and watch. That's a tough feeling. It's something I'm still sort of adjusting to."

What makes it even tougher for Farmar is the Lakers don't run any particular sets to get their bench players offensive opportunities. In fact, they really aren't on the floor to score, they're in to play defense, maintain any momentum the starters created or provide energy and a change of pace.

Finding your niche within that narrow scope is extremely difficult, and for a player like Farmar, who was the focal point in high school at Taft of Woodland Hills and one of the main focal points at UCLA, it's something he still hasn't quite mastered.

"It's very uncomfortable," he said. "It's a very uncomfortable feeling."

Make no mistake, Farmar understands his role with the Lakers, the team he grew up rooting for; the club he's won an NBA title with and been with to two straight NBA Finals.

But understanding and completely accepting are two different things.

Farmar views himself as more than a good player off the bench, he considers himself worthy of a starting job.

That isn't the case with the Lakers, and it's a mental challenge trying to fit in when his role is so narrowly defined that the opportunities to do what he does best - put the ball in a basket and run an offense - are rarely available.

"The way I play basketball and the way I was taught, it was to let the game come to me, get everybody involved and then pick my own spots," Farmar said. "Not having the opportunity when I go out there every day is very uncomfortable. I have to be more of an energy guy, I have to come in fast and do as much as possible while still letting the game come to me. It's a tough balance."

One he has to accept, for the time being.

"It's understanding you're in it for a bigger goal," Farmar said. "Nobody is looking at their personal stuff, that's not going to come with the way we play basketball here. It's buying into what we do, trying to do that the right way and playing hard."

Link:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_15044203

^

I'm pretty aware of what Zodogg's done and said and how he can be overzealous as a fan.

It's just funny though that you guys begged, pleaded, and celebrated when he got perma-banned.

Yet, after the ban, y'all can't seem to keep his name out your mouths.

And on top of that, y'all keeping tabs on his twitter when you ain't even following him. That's what's funny.
laugh.gif

But whatever, I'm cool with him. He's good people in my book outside of sports and the #NT universe.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Link:

Good, I don't want him to get re-signed next season. I thought he'd be a good player defensively from what I saw in the UCLA games I got to watch. Wrong, he gets blown by a lot of the guards in the league.

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Link:

Good, I don't want him to get re-signed next season. I thought he'd be a good player defensively from what I saw in the UCLA games I got to watch. Wrong, he gets blown by a lot of the guards in the league.

Yeah to bad we didn't get the better UCLA PG's that came after him Russell Westbrook & Darren Collison.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

the possible hinrich for farmar deal before the trade deadline is lookin better than ever
Trade was another pipe dream like the Bosh trade rumor that was going on this year.

Hinrich still has like 2 years left at $9 million each season.

As long as the Lakers are over the luxury tax don't expect Dr. Buss to spend even more money except for using the MLE each off season which is about $5+ million.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

^

I'm pretty aware of what Zodogg's done and said and how he can be overzealous as a fan.

It's just funny though that you guys begged, pleaded, and celebrated when he got perma-banned.

And on top of that, y'all keeping tabs on his twitter when you ain't even following him. That's what's funny.
laugh.gif

But whatever, I'm cool with him. He's good people in my book outside of sports and the #NT universe.

laugh.gif
zodoggs my dude, he helped me get some authentic jerseys he found at a marshalls around his way a few years back when he coulda easily been like, "hell no i'm not helping these damn laker fans out"
laugh.gif
  he knows his stuff sports wise too, he posts some pretty good stuff on jerseycentral.   i think he gets along with a good amount of Laker fans outside of all that Lakers Suns stuff though.

still it would be good to have him back on here,  his thread titles where comedy.

KB8sandiego wrote:
^

laugh.gif

Not me bro, I want dude back on NT so I give him the OC treatment.  I wasn't thru with him yet.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No doubt Mamba, me was very happy with Ron the other night.  He played well.  And I cringed every 3 he shot.  True story. 

Fish doubters, I say hello.  

I want this game tonight so we can get on with it.  I don't want to be lookin ahead just yet, I won't speak on the next opponent, until we have a next opponent if you know what I mean.  Even though I'm excited, the Jazz are still a tough team, they can't be overlooked just cuz.  We need to finish them off, then we can have all kinds of fun after that.  Stay focused. 

--Me and my brother were talkin about the same thing. Farmar is a good player and can be tearin it up in a different system on another team.
--I guess its more important for him to be a starter than play for a winner.
--Let dude go. He aint loyal.

farmar is already saying this? he's still playing for the lakers but making hints of playing for another team to start
smh.gif
SMH

farmar needs to shut his mouth...if he wants to start for us or another team and this being his contract year...he should try to make an impression and play better instead of talking with his mouth...seems very ungreatful for playing with a contender and a defending champion team...a lot of players would die to be in his shoes right now

Let Farmar roam around as a starter for a losing team, if that's what he wants.   Because that's what's going to happen.

I guess winning does get old  (for some) 
eyes.gif

I don't how you guys feel about Steve Blake? 

Javaris Crittenton is a FA
nerd.gif

tongue.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

KB8sandiego wrote:
^

laugh.gif

But whatever, I'm cool with him. He's good people in my book outside of sports and the #NT universe
Fish doubters, I say hello. 

Hello.

Let's just let Fish play the final minutes of the 4 quarter.

Back
Top Bottom