OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Damn layoffs between games. It's good for the players and all to get rest, but damn, who the hell put together the Conference Finals schedule this year.

HAZE323:
23ska909red02:
Chris Bosh, just going to go ahead and throw this out there, is overrated, and far from championship caliber.
and bynum is?
Hell no he's not. But that's why I wanted Bynum for Kidd to go down a few years ago when we had the chance.

Bosh is definitely an upgrade from Bynum, but he'd be another Gasol, w/o Gasol's basketball IQ. A big who can dribble, pass, hit outside shots, play suspect defense, and get bodied; that's Bosh. Throw 'extremely cerebral basketball talent' in there, and that's Gasol.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

HAZE323:
23ska909red02:
Chris Bosh, just going to go ahead and throw this out there, is overrated, and far from championship caliber.
and bynum is?
Hell no he's not. But that's why I wanted Bynum for Kidd to go down a few years ago when we had the chance.

Bosh is definitely an upgrade from Bynum, but he'd be another Gasol, w/o Gasol's basketball IQ. A big who can dribble, pass, hit outside shots, play suspect defense, and get bodied; that's Bosh. Throw 'extremely cerebral basketball talent' in there, and that's Gasol.
The ONLY reason why I'm even open (as a fan, not that I have any say in management
laugh.gif
) for a Bynum-Bosh swap, is because Bynum is so damn fragile.
tired.gif

That's it...otherwise, Bynum fits our team perfectly....wish the kid could stay healthy though.

With a Bynum-for-Bosh swap, you would be giving up size. Bynum changes a lot of shots and is a big body to play against guys like Shaq, Howard, Yao...

I would rather have bosh but if we keep bynum is there any way we can get Kyle korver? He would beast with lakers

SMFH @ Drew already thinking about the Celtics.

This series is far from over! Hope this guy gets his head straight...last thing you wanna do now is motivate teams unneccessarily.

"Man, it's going to be amazing to play against those guys again, especially having lost," Bynum said. 

"We're going to have a lot of fuel, a lot of ammo to go at those guys," he added. "They're definitely a great team, they got great veterans on their squad and we know that. So we're already getting prepared. The first step is closing out Game 3 and after that, we'll be focusing on Boston, looking at them play, watching how they're playing Orlando and just trying to pick up as much as we can." 

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phil needs to keep a muzzle on him. First was the complaining to reporters about his knee and now he's getting his Paula Pierce on. [/font]

Originally Posted by hellomarco

even the crowd in staples were chanting "bring on boston" in games 1 and 2.
ohwell.gif
You expect that from fans though. May not be right but it's expected. Players gotta keep it shut and take care of business.

Bynum:
Man, it's going to be amazing to play against those guys again, especially having lost. We're going to have a lot of fuel, a lot of ammo to go at those guys. They're definitely a great team, they got great veterans on their squad and we know that. So we're already getting prepared. The first step is closing out Game 3 and after that, we'll be focusing on Boston, looking at them play, watching how they're playing Orlando and just trying to pick up as much as we can.
Thiissssss guuuuuy.
smh.gif
:/

First off, why would you look to Boston after winning the 3rd game of a best-of-7?! Look to the next series after you have won game FOUR of a best-of-7, dummy (word to T-Mac).

Second, don't act like Boston is the same team that you lost to a couple years ago and everything's going to be different this time around just because you say so. Both teams have gotten better, and as long as Boston is dressing Rondo, they're going to be toug in the playoffs.

Third, why are you running your mouth like you're the pulse of the team or the spokesman? Kendrick Perkins is going to drink your milkshake if it's Lakers/Boston again, tough guy.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Bynum:
Man, it's going to be amazing to play against those guys again, especially having lost. We're going to have a lot of fuel, a lot of ammo to go at those guys. They're definitely a great team, they got great veterans on their squad and we know that. So we're already getting prepared. The first step is closing out Game 3 and after that, we'll be focusing on Boston, looking at them play, watching how they're playing Orlando and just trying to pick up as much as we can.
Thiissssss guuuuuy.
smh.gif
:/

First off, why would you look to Boston after winning the 3rd game of a best-of-7?! Look to the next series after you have won game FOUR of a best-of-7, dummy (word to T-Mac).

Second, don't act like Boston is the same team that you lost to a couple years ago and everything's going to be different this time around just because you say so. Both teams have gotten better, and as long as Boston is dressing Rondo, they're going to be toug in the playoffs.

Third, why are you running your mouth like you're the pulse of the team or the spokesman? Kendrick Perkins is going to drink your milkshake if it's Lakers/Boston again, tough guy.
Hes just saying what everybody is thinking.  You expect the players to be like robots and not have any emotions.  He did say "first we have to close out phoenix" so its not like he isnt focused on the Suns. 

Also, Bynum is going to rape Perkins.  And Kobe will SHUT Rondo down.  The worst thing that happened to the Phoenix Suns was Boston winning game 3, that just motivated LA.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Hes just saying what everybody is thinking.  You expect the players to be like robots and not have any emotions.  He did say "first we have to close out phoenix" so its not like he isnt focused on the Suns. 

Also, Bynum is going to rape Perkins.  And Kobe will SHUT Rondo down.  The worst thing that happened to the Phoenix Suns was Boston winning game 3, that just motivated LA.
lol what?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

lol what?
laugh.gif
Someone remind me, how was the second game against the Celtics this season? The one that we lost to them, was it ugly or close?

I feel like the likely matchup with Boston will be extremely stressful for us because of Bynum. I read somewhere that he had strong numbers against them both games, but that was well before his knee troubles. Now, of course both teams are playing better than they have all season, and for that I say there's no other way to predict the series other than to throw out the cliche "tough, gritty" play that everyone virtually knows is going to happen. But, in order for that toughness to work out on our part, we need Bynum's presence to be felt on the inside. We need to feed him whenever possible, and we need him to finish on his end. Without him we are, more or less, in the same spot that we were against Boston two years ago. A more prepared, but still weaker team against a bully.

That being said, I think we have a favorable matchup. As tough as they are, we are just more skilled inside and have revenge on the mind of the core of the team. No one will forget what happened two years ago, no one will take a minute off to relax (however, I'm betting that Bynum will get called out at some point during the series for doing just that).

Lakers in 6, though I'd love to win it in less. Celebrating on the Celtics' court would be the only time I'd welcome wrapping up the Finals on the road.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Lakers in 6, though I'd love to win it in less. Celebrating on the Celtics' court would be the only time I'd welcome wrapping up the Finals on the road.
Agreed. Being that I don't live in LA, I don't care whether or not they celebrate on home court. Hell, I'd actually rather celebrate in Boston and shove it in their face, that would be the sweetest revenge. And I hope they are up by 25 points for most of the game and then we come back and Kobe wins it on a buzzer beater.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

lol what?
laugh.gif
Someone remind me, how was the second game against the Celtics this season? The one that we lost to them, was it ugly or close?
It was close, fish had a chance to win at the buzzer and threw up a brick. Kobe DID NOT play.

--We beat them by 1 at the Garden.
--They beat us by 1 at Staples. Kobe didnt play that game though.
--For the sake of argument though...if we see Boston in the Finals again...I say 4-2 in favor of Boston. With us winning games 1 and 4. Boston taking games 2,3,5 and 6.

Damn bring on Boston already. Oh by the way Boston fans already talking smack on twitter saying how they gonna upset us again.

^Hmm... I do remember us being really hyped up by the media in 2008. But would anybody call it an upset this time if they beat us? They certainly won't surprise us with their style of play this go around.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--For the sake of argument though...if we see Boston in the Finals again...I say 4-2 in favor of Boston. With us winning games 1 and 4. Boston taking games 2,3,5 and 6.
I better not see you at the parade...
mad.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

I better not see you at the parade...
mad.gif

--I'm sorry my dude. Defense wins championships. Expect the worst. Hope for the best.
--Y'all know I want a Laker win over Boston. I'm a realist though. And June 3 is still 2 weeks away. My view can change till then. I'm just not one to talk smack at this pointof the year.

Back
Top Bottom