OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

At first I wasn't worried about the suns at all...

I hear them talk and they sound like they are ready for this.

I still think we will take it but its going to be longer then most of us think.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Bruh, I'm with you on this one.

Don't underestimate the Suns. They're playing really well. We need the 1st 2 games to put pressure on them.

to noblekane, see ya!

pimp.gif
at mr. west saying kobe's the greatest laker of all-time

[h2]
Lakers' Jackson says Nash carries ball

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP)

Lakers coach Phil Jackson thinks the Phoenix Suns' star point guard sometimes plays a bit too much like a running back.

With a mischievous grin, Jackson said Friday that it's tough for Los Angeles to prepare to face Steve Nash during defensive practice because of the two-time MVP's style with the basketball.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."

Jackson turned his palm over while he spoke, making the officials' gesture for palming of the basketball.

Nash's ball-handling and playmaking are driving the Suns' remarkable postseason success, and Jackson apparently couldn't resist the chance to get in a crack at the Canadian star while perhaps planting a seed in any listening officials' minds. Nash is averaging 17.8 points and 9 assists per game in the playoffs while leading Phoenix past Portland and San Antonio.

The Western Conference finals/msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Lakers-coach-Phil-Jackson-says-Suns-guard-Steve-Nash-carries-ball">http://msn.foxsports.com/...-Steve-Nash-carries-ball'\t '_blank''"> begin Monday in Los Angeles.

Although Jackson professes ample respect for the 36-year-old Nash's skills, the 10-time NBA champion coach's comment suggests he believes the point guard gets generous treatment from officials in the elastic rules about traveling and palming calls.

Other players and coaches have suggested a similar belief over the years, though Nash is hardly the only NBA player who draws such complaints from opponents: Kobe Bryant also has been known to stretch one of basketball's simplest rules to its limits.

And Nash isn't even the first player in this postseason to draw the attention of Jackson, whose track record of playing such games through the media goes back 20 years to his early seasons with the Chicago Bulls/msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Lakers-coach-Phil-Jackson-says-Suns-guard-Steve-Nash-carries-ball">http://msn.foxsports.com/...-Steve-Nash-carries-ball'\t '_blank''"> .

Last month before the playoffs even began, Jackson was fined $35,000 by the NBA for saying Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant/msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Lakers-coach-Phil-Jackson-says-Suns-guard-Steve-Nash-carries-ball">http://msn.foxsports.com/...-Steve-Nash-carries-ball'\t '_blank''"> was getting generous treatment from officials.

"As far as the calls that he gets on the floor, I think a lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar," Jackson said then. "He gets to the line easy and often."

Jackson also was fined two weeks before that incident when he criticized referee Bennett Salvatore after a game against San Antonio. The Lakers also had a beef with Salvatore in last season's playoffs, when Jackson criticized Denver's Dahntay Jones for playing "unsportsmanlike basketball" during a rant about inconsistent officiating - right after a game refereed by Salvatore.

[/h2]
Phil with the mind games.
smokin.gif

were taking it in 7

actually we were the opposite i was worried from the start then i read that kobe and L.O still remember about 06 and 07...so i know theyll have their game ready

Lakers should be able to repeat this year alot easier if Bynum could just play well WITH Gasol. Meaning both play well, not Gasol going 20 and 10 and Bynun no where to be found, which is what usually happens.

If Odom and Artest can contribute offensively, with Artest still playing great defense and Odom rebounding along with Bynum playing exceptional we would be able to repeat.

The problem is that doesn't happen. Even against Utah Bynum was a no show.

Can't expect Kobe and Pau to carry us the rest of the way, especially if we make it to the finals.

Come on Drew, you got a chance to earn your ring this year, smh, hopefully he can do it.

Bynum plans to play despite knee

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Lakers center Andrew Bynum sat out practice this week to rest his injured right knee, but the time off didn't do him much good.

After participating in Saturday afternoon's practice, Bynum said the knee isn't cooperating.

"It's just worse. A little worse, but I'm still able to play through it so I'm going to keep pushing ahead," he said.

Bynum said he will receive treatment and play when the Lakers open the Western Conference finals Monday night at Staples Center against the Phoenix Suns.

Bynum suffered a torn meniscus in his right knee against the Oklahoma City Thunder on April 30th, but has continued to play through the pain. The injury, he said, became worse "probably in Game 3, Game 4" of the Lakers' second round series against the Utah Jazz. Bynum was effective in the first two games, averaging 12.5 points and 12 rebounds, but didn't score in Game 3 and had six in Game 4 as the Lakers swept Utah.

Overall, Bynum averaged 10.3 points and 6.3 rebounds in just under 25 minutes during the series.

Structurally, Bynum said the injury is no worse than before.

"[The problem is] keeping more swelling [out]. Not like the structure, but it's creating more swelling because I'm playing with an injured limb," he said. "It's just something that I'm just going to continue to treat, continue to try and pump the swelling out, milk it, and take it from there."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said it was important to get Bynum on the floor ahead of Monday's Game 1.

"Andrew, he's running with some limitations but he still looks good," Jackson said. "It's still good to see him out there. We're just monitoring it. We wanted to get him some activity close to the game, but not make it too close, so there's some recovery time."

Bynum said he would "back off" during Sunday's practice. He isn't sure how effective he'll be defensively against Phoenix's high speed, pick-and-roll heavy offensive system. On the other end, Phoenix has struggled to defend bigger players inside. But if Bynum's mobility is hampered, the Lakers may not be able to exploit any matchup advantages. In four regular season games against the Suns, Bynum averaged nearly 18 points, 9.8 rebounds and 1.5 blocks.

Kobe Bryant, himself receiving treatment for a wide variety of injuries including his knee and finger, also participated in practice for the first time this week.

"I feel fine," he said. "Feels good."

Rust isn't weighing heavily on Bryant's mind. Asked to pinpoint his biggest concern about a long layoff between games without playing much basketball, Bryant shrugged. "I don't have one. None at all."

eyes.gif
 Please just get rid of this guy in the offseason...he's a walking Operation game. Try to package him and someone for Bosh or maybe even Noah, he's always going to be injured. At least Kobe is feeling ok 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by CP1708

And any other team and their fanbase that thinks they could take us.  Line em all up, shut them all the @#$% down.  LA Lakers, firing squad.  Come get your team shot.  
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yessir...keep talking that +%$+, but your team ain't better.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Bruh, I'm with you on this one.

Don't underestimate the Suns. They're playing really well. We need the 1st 2 games to put pressure on them.

What is it about the Suns that scare people?

Amare is playing center.
laugh.gif

They don't have the size in the middle.

They have knock down shooters and Jason Richardson is playing out of his mind, but Artest will slow him down.

Nash is a problem on penetration and we'l need a good team effort defensively.

Nobody on that team can guard Gasol or Kobe. Don't let Bynum show up.

I don't see the Suns winning more than 1 game in this series. Hardly scared of them.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Another NT'er re posted this in the Cavs vs. C's game 6 thread:

2nlv9s.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This dude is a annoying poser Laker fan here on NT.

Will be surprised if he actually stays off for the next 6 months
laugh.gif
Ouch dude got caught 
roll.gif
.... no face to save now

I wouldnt be surprise if he's a low key Cavs/Lebron fan.
smh.gif
I mean what kind of Lakers fan would frequently talk down on his own team ?

I hope dude got back up sn bcuz his credit/ Lakers fan card is lost after all that failure post he made

Anyone else find it HILARIOUS that Young Cheezy gets banned and JDiddy gets suspended right before their team starts the Western Conference?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Anyone else find it HILARIOUS that Young Cheezy gets banned and JDiddy gets suspended right before their team starts the Western Conference?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You serious? Man...more hate for us laker fans and we didn't have anything to do with it. What thread did they get banned/suspended in?

1 more day guys! I wonder if these guys still remember how to play ball after being off for 8 months
laugh.gif

Man, this year would end perfectly when we spank the Suns, then in the finals woop the C's up!

Revenge year!

I expect the Magic/C's series to go 7 though

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You serious? Man...more hate for us laker fans and we didn't have anything to do with it. What thread did they get banned/suspended in?

I could be mistaken....but didnt Cheezy get banned in here?  Something to do with Notorious right?  And JDiddy got suspended for making a thread about a website that sells fake NBA jerseys.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I could be mistaken....but didnt Cheezy get banned in here?  Something to do with Notorious right?  And JDiddy got suspended for making a thread about a website that sells fake NBA jerseys.  

Chezzy got banned on here because he chimed in with his 2 cents when me and KB8 were discussing the WCF a few pages back
laugh.gif

It's all on him. Neither me or KB8 reported him but it was to late after Holden saw what he posted and that's why he got perma banned.

Back
Top Bottom