[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

--The Lakers topped off by beating the C's in 7.
--They're content. Satisfied. Its sad really.

--All this talk about Kobe would rather die than lose is BS.

Originally Posted by JD617

We're hardly even feeding the ball into the post
This baffles me every time they go through stretches like this.
WRONG
eyes.gif
watch closer

they TRY to feed the ball inside most of the time, gasols weak +$@ doesnt establish position well enough so the passers are reluctant to dump the ball in... and when they do force it, the ball gets tapped easily and thats contributing to the high amout of turnovers.
i also think the third laker in the corner shouldnt be there when they try to do post play... his man easily sags and makes it harder for the passer to give the ball to gasol.

so its a combination of gasols weak +$@ effort and spacing if you ask me.

Originally Posted by JD617

We're hardly even feeding the ball into the post
This baffles me every time they go through stretches like this.
WRONG
eyes.gif
watch closer

they TRY to feed the ball inside most of the time, gasols weak +$@ doesnt establish position well enough so the passers are reluctant to dump the ball in... and when they do force it, the ball gets tapped easily and thats contributing to the high amout of turnovers.
i also think the third laker in the corner shouldnt be there when they try to do post play... his man easily sags and makes it harder for the passer to give the ball to gasol.

so its a combination of gasols weak +$@ effort and spacing if you ask me.

seems like the defense,offense, coaching, and hustle are all terrible

Gasol looks like he does not want to play AT ALL. The best lineup the lakers had was Bynum, Odom, Barnes, Kobe, and Fisher. I don't know why phil didnt go to the lineup more.

These guys just don't want to do the basics and feed the damn post They try to go for the high risk play/pass most of the time which results in turnovers and fastbreak points for the other team.
Even when the post players receive the ball they try to go against the double team instead of passing it out.

Gasol either tries to do too much (5 turnovers) or does nothing at all at both ends. Artest tries to do things on his own every time he touches the ball instead of running the offense. Same with Shannon Brown.
Then there are all those stupid alley oop turnovers and careless ones like shannon brown passing it to Gay.
sick.gif

No team can really play defense if they turn the ball over 20 times and keep bricking shots on top of that.

This team better stop playing stupid on offense OR PRACTICE SOME DAMN TRANSITION DEFENSE EVERY DAY. Ideally they would do both and become dominant again.
Fast breaks off mistakes are KILLING THE LAKERS
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

seems like the defense,offense, coaching, and hustle are all terrible

Gasol looks like he does not want to play AT ALL. The best lineup the lakers had was Bynum, Odom, Barnes, Kobe, and Fisher. I don't know why phil didnt go to the lineup more.

These guys just don't want to do the basics and feed the damn post They try to go for the high risk play/pass most of the time which results in turnovers and fastbreak points for the other team.
Even when the post players receive the ball they try to go against the double team instead of passing it out.

Gasol either tries to do too much (5 turnovers) or does nothing at all at both ends. Artest tries to do things on his own every time he touches the ball instead of running the offense. Same with Shannon Brown.
Then there are all those stupid alley oop turnovers and careless ones like shannon brown passing it to Gay.
sick.gif

No team can really play defense if they turn the ball over 20 times and keep bricking shots on top of that.

This team better stop playing stupid on offense OR PRACTICE SOME DAMN TRANSITION DEFENSE EVERY DAY. Ideally they would do both and become dominant again.
Fast breaks off mistakes are KILLING THE LAKERS
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Maybe Phil was right about Pau
nerd.gif
. The Zen Master always knows
Most of it has to do with Pau. The lakers are already playing 3 on 5 with Fisher and Artest helping the other team. Now Gasol is playing just as bad. I don't know if the offense can work with zero post play and the defense can work with him
running like a girl and flailing his arms instead trying to block shots.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Maybe Phil was right about Pau
nerd.gif
. The Zen Master always knows
Most of it has to do with Pau. The lakers are already playing 3 on 5 with Fisher and Artest helping the other team. Now Gasol is playing just as bad. I don't know if the offense can work with zero post play and the defense can work with him
running like a girl and flailing his arms instead trying to block shots.

This team is playing horrible. I don't even know where to begin.

First things first, our big guys need to get more involved in the offense. Pau looks lost out there. It's almost as if he's expecting Kobe to take all the shots and he just goes through the motions. He needs to be assertive and tell Kobe and the rest of the guys to feed him. It's only logical that an inside game is going to keep the opposing team on its toes. With that being said, Kobe needs to stop complaining and just PLAY!! It's really annoying to have to continually see him game in, game out hound the referees about no calls. Some of his rants are justified but they go on deaf ears since he complains so much. The refs are tired of his act. JUST PLAY!!!

As far as the rest of the team goes, we aren't getting the production and contribution that we were getting in the beginning of the season. Killer B's are more like buzzing B's. Blake is inconsistent. Brown is erratic and a turn over machine. Barnes is hustle and that he does bring, although his point production is minimal. Arrest?

I just hope Phil is able to get through to these guys and explain each of their roles. KNOW YOUR ROLES!! DEFENSE AND BALL MOVEMENT are key and this team doesn't have it. I feel bad for those who work hard and have to pay to watch this mockery. It's ok to lose but at least give it your all and that they owe the fans.

This team is playing horrible. I don't even know where to begin.

First things first, our big guys need to get more involved in the offense. Pau looks lost out there. It's almost as if he's expecting Kobe to take all the shots and he just goes through the motions. He needs to be assertive and tell Kobe and the rest of the guys to feed him. It's only logical that an inside game is going to keep the opposing team on its toes. With that being said, Kobe needs to stop complaining and just PLAY!! It's really annoying to have to continually see him game in, game out hound the referees about no calls. Some of his rants are justified but they go on deaf ears since he complains so much. The refs are tired of his act. JUST PLAY!!!

As far as the rest of the team goes, we aren't getting the production and contribution that we were getting in the beginning of the season. Killer B's are more like buzzing B's. Blake is inconsistent. Brown is erratic and a turn over machine. Barnes is hustle and that he does bring, although his point production is minimal. Arrest?

I just hope Phil is able to get through to these guys and explain each of their roles. KNOW YOUR ROLES!! DEFENSE AND BALL MOVEMENT are key and this team doesn't have it. I feel bad for those who work hard and have to pay to watch this mockery. It's ok to lose but at least give it your all and that they owe the fans.

Barnes needs to start
Blake is basically a white Derek Fisher

And we gotta figure out how to come off screens and how to set them properly. Ninjas get ate up on the pick-n-roll but we can't even set a screen long enough to create separation.

Barnes needs to start
Blake is basically a white Derek Fisher

And we gotta figure out how to come off screens and how to set them properly. Ninjas get ate up on the pick-n-roll but we can't even set a screen long enough to create separation.

this is pathetic...phil needs to do something to shake up the line up even though we all know he wont. even if its not permanent, just to send a message to some of these guys cuz they look terrible

this is pathetic...phil needs to do something to shake up the line up even though we all know he wont. even if its not permanent, just to send a message to some of these guys cuz they look terrible

Back
Top Bottom