[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

I agree with what someone said a few pages back. Gasol looks like he doesn't even want to play.

He's looking at the refs after every damn touch he gets thinking he gets fouled. You are 7 feet tall, dudes are going to play you like a 7 footer.

Seems like Gasol just shows up to the game to run up and down the court, but his effort is not there. Hell Drew is back and Pau had one good game which was agianst Philly and that's all I can remember.

Kobe always goes off in the 3rd quarter in most of our losses and wins...Imagine if he didn't? These losses would be much worse.

I really can't even get mad at KB. Call me a stan, but even when he plays bad atleast he's doing it with good intentions and playing to try and win.

Seems like when we lose he's the only one who cares. Fisher gives his usual "We should be embarrased" statement, but he's the one getting burned every single night.

I think if they can get it together before the playoffs, we should be alright. But the difference this year is everyone is out to try and dethrone the legendary Lakers even more than before. Trying to defeat the defending champions and prevent that 3-peat. If we play a 7,6,5 seed no one is going to expect them to beat us, which is why they they have no pressure on them and they can go out and play their hearts out.

It seems like the key to beating the Lakers is hustle. It's as simple as that. Just play harder than the Lakers and you'll beat them.

EDIT

I been listening to alot of salty *** Laker fans on 710ESPN radio, talking about we have two 7 footers and we don't use them. To be fair, Gasol doesn't exactly try his hardest to get open, and when he does dude always looks to pass even when we clear space for him, he looks to pass. Bynum just got back, so really we only had one 7 footer while the other is trying to get into game shape still.

well i get home from the niner game and see that we're getting clobbered by memphis. another embarrassing game at home and yes its unacceptable but im still not going to panic.

well i get home from the niner game and see that we're getting clobbered by memphis. another embarrassing game at home and yes its unacceptable but im still not going to panic.

Isn't that what Kobe always does in the third?

1-he's setting up his teammates in the first half and starts to go to work in the 2nd half
2-he's on in the first half and keeps it going
3-the team played like crap in the first half and he tries to step it up

I do think Phil used the wrong "term" but somewhere in his head, that's how he feels.

Isn't that what Kobe always does in the third?

1-he's setting up his teammates in the first half and starts to go to work in the 2nd half
2-he's on in the first half and keeps it going
3-the team played like crap in the first half and he tries to step it up

I do think Phil used the wrong "term" but somewhere in his head, that's how he feels.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by shaqrules

phil's post game comments were funny as hell!!!hahaha

"kobe has to screw up the game.....by going one on one...."
eyes.gif

More like:

"Kobe has to, you know screw up the game and start you know, energizing the team by going one on one, that takes the rest of the guys out and as a consequence... that didn't bring us back in, but you know, he did give us a little run, we got into the game back a little bit, but we couldn't sustain it, and we just went right back and made the same mistakes again"

The reason I had to quote the whole thing, is because your quote made it seem that it's entirely Kobe's fault. Seriously, if Kobe didn't do that, we would easily been blown out way worse than we have been.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by shaqrules

phil's post game comments were funny as hell!!!hahaha

"kobe has to screw up the game.....by going one on one...."
eyes.gif

More like:

"Kobe has to, you know screw up the game and start you know, energizing the team by going one on one, that takes the rest of the guys out and as a consequence... that didn't bring us back in, but you know, he did give us a little run, we got into the game back a little bit, but we couldn't sustain it, and we just went right back and made the same mistakes again"

The reason I had to quote the whole thing, is because your quote made it seem that it's entirely Kobe's fault. Seriously, if Kobe didn't do that, we would easily been blown out way worse than we have been.

Yup and it's not like Kobe was gunning his way to 45 Fgs ... he was actually on fire as far as i can remember..

It's our focus on the defensive side that has been lacking.. I saw Blake watched his man blow by him at least twice in every four possession , others not even putting their hands up when contesting a shot, etc..

You can even see in their body language that they're just not into it,, especially Pau ..

Oh well.. if we can just get into some sort of 10 game winning streak then people will shut their mouth..
laugh.gif

Yup and it's not like Kobe was gunning his way to 45 Fgs ... he was actually on fire as far as i can remember..

It's our focus on the defensive side that has been lacking.. I saw Blake watched his man blow by him at least twice in every four possession , others not even putting their hands up when contesting a shot, etc..

You can even see in their body language that they're just not into it,, especially Pau ..

Oh well.. if we can just get into some sort of 10 game winning streak then people will shut their mouth..
laugh.gif

We will get the 2nd seed in the western conference behind the Spurs. I also think we can take the Spurs in a 7 game series.
I am not worried about the regular season at all. What I'm worried about is the way  we are losing  and how some players are showing no interest.
Mainly Gasol and Artest.....I mean these are the same 2 players that won game 7 for us vs the Celtics.
Wasup with Gasol? Did his girl break his heart?
30t6p3b.gif
  I don't even know what to say about Artest
mad.gif

I was also expecting Blake and Barnes to play that aggressive defense. Anyone remember Barnes last year? Dude was in everyones grill.

2nd
I expect us to get the W tonight against the Pistons if we don't then all i can do is laugh it off

We will get the 2nd seed in the western conference behind the Spurs. I also think we can take the Spurs in a 7 game series.
I am not worried about the regular season at all. What I'm worried about is the way  we are losing  and how some players are showing no interest.
Mainly Gasol and Artest.....I mean these are the same 2 players that won game 7 for us vs the Celtics.
Wasup with Gasol? Did his girl break his heart?
30t6p3b.gif
  I don't even know what to say about Artest
mad.gif

I was also expecting Blake and Barnes to play that aggressive defense. Anyone remember Barnes last year? Dude was in everyones grill.

2nd
I expect us to get the W tonight against the Pistons if we don't then all i can do is laugh it off

Jackson clarified what he meant when he said "screw up the game" after practice, taking some of the bite out of the sound bite.

"When a game starts getting out of hand -- and rightly so -- Kobe will crank it up, not screw it up," Jackson said. "I used that term 'screw it up' but not in terms of it being an error or a mistake, but 'crank it up.' He'll go to another notch to try to get us back in the ballgame. That's something we do in the fourth quarter, that's our fourth quarter action, that's how we win ballgames. To have to crank it up and do that in the third quarter, we didn't have much left in the gas tank after that."

Jackson clarified what he meant when he said "screw up the game" after practice, taking some of the bite out of the sound bite.

"When a game starts getting out of hand -- and rightly so -- Kobe will crank it up, not screw it up," Jackson said. "I used that term 'screw it up' but not in terms of it being an error or a mistake, but 'crank it up.' He'll go to another notch to try to get us back in the ballgame. That's something we do in the fourth quarter, that's our fourth quarter action, that's how we win ballgames. To have to crank it up and do that in the third quarter, we didn't have much left in the gas tank after that."

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by KenJi714

This team need a serious team meeting quick before it's too late. If we don't get home court advantage i doubt we can beat the Spurs

lol@ thinking lakers have a chance to surpass spurs record this year.. you fool for that

If only Regular season records won championships.......

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by KenJi714

This team need a serious team meeting quick before it's too late. If we don't get home court advantage i doubt we can beat the Spurs

lol@ thinking lakers have a chance to surpass spurs record this year.. you fool for that

If only Regular season records won championships.......

I spent a half hour of my morning listening to "knowledgeable" sports fans tellin me how much the regular season matters come postseason time. 
eyes.gif

Me bringing up the 67 win Mavs team, the 60+ back to back Cavs teams, the old Sac teams, and the 50+ win Mavs team last year, the 22 win straight Rockets team, meant nothing to them.   

But THIS regular season Laker team, it will have a profound effect on their playoff lives. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know what this season holds for us, but so help me if we find a way to beat down the Spurs and advance, I might never talk to another Laker fan again. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  If the Spurs coast to the finals, then I guess I'll be wrong for the 1 billionth time in my life. 
embarassed.gif

I spent a half hour of my morning listening to "knowledgeable" sports fans tellin me how much the regular season matters come postseason time. 
eyes.gif

Me bringing up the 67 win Mavs team, the 60+ back to back Cavs teams, the old Sac teams, and the 50+ win Mavs team last year, the 22 win straight Rockets team, meant nothing to them.   

But THIS regular season Laker team, it will have a profound effect on their playoff lives. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know what this season holds for us, but so help me if we find a way to beat down the Spurs and advance, I might never talk to another Laker fan again. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  If the Spurs coast to the finals, then I guess I'll be wrong for the 1 billionth time in my life. 
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom