[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

I'm not saying we lost... but I am saying we would have been just as successful, which would make me even more elated since Kidd has been my favorite player in the league since like '98ish.

It's just me being selfish.
laugh.gif

I'm happy we've got my dude Artest, though.
smokin.gif
So long as he's productive, I really hope he retires with us.
happy.gif

I still seethe watching Ron play, but I think I have chilled on killing him.  He did what I asked last year, I can't ask for much more honestly. 

He's still incredibly painful to watch play basketball though.  Hurts my damn eyes. 
laugh.gif

I know Kidd/Kobe/Ariza/Odom/Gasol woulda been fun to watch, and woulda been nice, but we don't win with that group.  There's no chance in hell we win anything other then 65 regular season games a year with that cast.  Kidd would get exposed in the postseason like he does in Dallas, and Odom and Gasol would remind us of 08 over and over and over again. 
30t6p3b.gif

But they would be winning games in December/January, much to the delight of some of the folks around here. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

if the spurs are going to be our strongest comp...then of course they need a pg to aggressively defend against TP n Manu and at the same time attack on the offensive end.

Blake is just ok and Fisher is just there....watching that game against the spurs no one on the team could keep up with the spurs guards and Kobe ball handling against them(and alot of other teams)was horrible, and the ball was in his hands the majority of the time

if they are going after sumbody I hope its a proven guard....I can seem them parting with Blake n Smith n Rookie

--The Spurs are on a 2 game slide. And have played most of their games at home so far.
--Pop will rest em down the stretch knowing they may run out of gas as the regular season wears down.

--I dont think the Lakers need immediate changes for this season. They'll come and play when it counts (more). Hopefully.
--Still want that 1 spot in the west though.

CP1708:
I still seethe watching Ron play, but I think I have chilled on killing him.  He did what I asked last year, I can't ask for much more honestly. 

He's still incredibly painful to watch play basketball though.  Hurts my damn eyes. 
laugh.gif

Hey, I never said he was heir to Air. 
laugh.gif
I'm just a fan of the guy. I liked him in Chicago, then when the whole Malice at the Palace went down, I really felt like he got a raw deal over the whole thing when Ben Wallace incited the whole thing and Stephen Jackson/Jermaine O'Neal were aggressors to the situation for longer than Artest was. But he got the biggest suspension, he got the crazy' label, etc., etc., etc.

Don't know why that whole thing made me a fan, but it did.
laugh.gif
Started really liking his game in Sacto. "No layups" is one of the funniest things I've ever seen an athlete do during play.
roll.gif

But yeah, when he's struggling, he's struggling. And in his mind, I'm sure he thinks that either now or at some point along the way, he could be/could have been a scoring champion.
laugh.gif
I'm sure he thinks he's on Kobe's level.
laugh.gif
But did he hit a big 3 in the Finals last year? Yessir. ("I got the ball, and I couldn't believe it. I was like 'Kobe passed it to me! Kobe never passes to me!'" bwahahahaha)

And did he hit a big 3 last night (after Kobe passed it to him again
roll.gif
laugh.gif
)? Yessir.

He's not going to show up every game, but he'll provide toughness and grit that might not show up on the stat sheet every game.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

CP1708:
I know Kidd/Kobe/Ariza/Odom/Gasol woulda been fun to watch, and woulda been nice, but we don't win with that group.  There's no chance in hell we win anything other then 65 regular season games a year with that cast.  Kidd would get exposed in the postseason like he does in Dallas, and Odom and Gasol would remind us of 08 over and over and over again. 
30t6p3b.gif

Out. Of your damn. Mind.

I feel like the reason Gasol is completely different than in Memphis (in terms of toughness instead of just being a stat stuffer with no real accomplishments) is because of Kobe. First off, they compliment each other; Kobe does work on the perimeter/pinch post & can attack the basket & set teammates up; Pau does work under the rim/pinch post & can dish. But that's ON the court. Off the court, I think Kobe's tenacity and unaccaptance of losing rubbed off on Pau.

So basically, I think the Pau that we've seen the last 3 years would have been the same with Bynum out and Kidd in.

Odom? I think Ariza and Odom BOTH would have been HUGE benefactors of Kidd. Look what Marion is doing since leaving Nash. Squat. NASH made Marion the fearsome guy he was, and there are plenty of examples throughout sports history of that very thing, and I think Ariza/Odom would have been 2 more examples, especially Odom. I really think people would be talking about Odom like 'Oh my god!' with such a perfect basketball quarterback like Kidd.

But... I'll never know. Dah well.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif

I was in awe watching him ready himself to take that three late in the game last night. It went in though, so you can't say too much.

^ That was pretty sick (not in a good way).

Like, in a 5 on 5 game, you can not POSSIBLY get more open than he was... and he pump faked... then looked like he was looking for someone to pass it to real quick... then rose up and shot it.
roll.gif
I was cracking up in frustration!
laugh.gif

Kobe drives, draws 2 defenders in the air, hits Ron.
me: "Chea. That's 3."

Ron pump fakes.
me: "Shoot it!!"

Ron looks off for just a split second and is still standing there.
me: "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT?!?!? SHOOT IT!!!"

Ron rises and pops.
me: "THANK YOU!! Damn, dude... you goofy."

roll.gif
laugh.gif

i really wonder whom the pg could be. it says former all-star pg, so definitely not somebody playing at that caliber now..i suppose it could be harris, or billups, baron..maybe we're finally scoopin up iverson lol

i would love baron on the lakers... might be what he needs to revitalize his career.

another former all star pg that may be unhappy...Jameer Nelson (but i doubt the magic are looking to make any more moves)

If we get Iverson...

30t6p3b.gif

I'll commit that.

Dammit, why'd you have to even mention that?!
laugh.gif

I don't see anything on Ric Bucher's twitter or anything on ESPN telling us that the Lakers are "close" to acquiring a PG.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

If we get Iverson...

30t6p3b.gif

I'll commit that.

Dammit, why'd you have to even mention that?!
laugh.gif

lmaoooo true true, he would ultimately destroy our team. i can see him shooting whenever he gets the urge on some artest type steez...but what i wouldnt giv for an La A.I. jersey...
ohwell.gif

no way we'll get cp3....for one he's not a former all-star, he's very much current.  an two, we'd hav to give up a couple starters n draftees. 
1043375_o.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP1708:

laugh.gif
Hey, I never said he was heir to Air. 
laugh.gif
I'm just a fan of the guy. I liked him in Chicago, then when the whole Malice at the Palace went down, I really felt like he got a raw deal over the whole thing when Ben Wallace incited the whole thing and Stephen Jackson/Jermaine O'Neal were aggressors to the situation for longer than Artest was. But he got the biggest suspension, he got the crazy' label, etc., etc., etc.

Don't know why that whole thing made me a fan, but it did.
laugh.gif
Started really liking his game in Sacto. "No layups" is one of the funniest things I've ever seen an athlete do during play.
roll.gif

But yeah, when he's struggling, he's struggling. And in his mind, I'm sure he thinks that either now or at some point along the way, he could be/could have been a scoring champion.
laugh.gif
I'm sure he thinks he's on Kobe's level.
laugh.gif
But did he hit a big 3 in the Finals last year? Yessir. ("I got the ball, and I couldn't believe it. I was like 'Kobe passed it to me! Kobe never passes to me!'" bwahahahaha)

And did he hit a big 3 last night (after Kobe passed it to him again
roll.gif
laugh.gif
)? Yessir.

He's not going to show up every game, but he'll provide toughness and grit that might not show up on the stat sheet every game.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

CP1708:
30t6p3b.gif

Out. Of your damn. Mind.

I feel like the reason Gasol is completely different than in Memphis (in terms of toughness instead of just being a stat stuffer with no real accomplishments) is because of Kobe. First off, they compliment each other; Kobe does work on the perimeter/pinch post & can attack the basket & set teammates up; Pau does work under the rim/pinch post & can dish. But that's ON the court. Off the court, I think Kobe's tenacity and unaccaptance of losing rubbed off on Pau.

So basically, I think the Pau that we've seen the last 3 years would have been the same with Bynum out and Kidd in.

Odom? I think Ariza and Odom BOTH would have been HUGE benefactors of Kidd. Look what Marion is doing since leaving Nash. Squat. NASH made Marion the fearsome guy he was, and there are plenty of examples throughout sports history of that very thing, and I think Ariza/Odom would have been 2 more examples, especially Odom. I really think people would be talking about Odom like 'Oh my god!' with such a perfect basketball quarterback like Kidd.

But... I'll never know. Dah well.
laugh.gif

Oh I agree that Kidd to Odom/Ariza/Kobe coulda been fun.  Woulda been a GREAT passing team, (Gasol too for that matter) scray good on that part, sure, but just so I'm clear on this......You are saying that Pau is "tougher" now?  Pau, the same guy that doesn't get a foul called, puts his hands together in prayer, leans over so he can hear the short refs, curls his lip a little, turns his head to the side and says ok, ok, shrugs and walks away.  That tough guy? 
ohwell.gif

LOL, I mean, Pau may be a little "tougher" now thanks to Kobe and some hard fought battles, but um, Charles Oakley, he is not.  Charles Oakley's wife, he is not.  Charles Oakley's infant child, might take Pau in a fight, just sayin. 

You do remember the 08 finals, yes?  PJ Brown, I said PJ Brown was doin some major work on those two boys.  If not for Bynum, the first thing the Lakers would have HAD to have done in the offseason woulda been to add toughness inside.  No way they could have carried on like that.  Hell, Ronny woulda got like 80 million from us to stick around, it woulda been bad. 
embarassed.gif

But, like you said, we will never know.  There are tons of what might have beens the Lakers have gone thru over the years.  To this day I wish like hell we coulda seen Sedale back up (and play along side) Magic.  I wish Nick could have stayed with the team into the 3 peat.  I wish we didn't completely blow the team up after Shaq and kept a few guys around (Fish, Fox, Payton, Malone, somebody)  I wonder what we could have gotten in a deal for Kobe?  Could we have pulled Deng, Gordon, Ben Wallace, + picks and maybe done some real interesting work with a new young nucleus.  Could we have won last year with Ariza?  Lots of things.  There's always another side to a coin that could be interesting.  But overall, I'm pretty ok with the last 3 years.  The previous 3 were murder on my soul.  And I'm a Cubs fan, you would think I could handle L's by the bucket load. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have stepped in here and read about the Bucher reporting. Now I'm gonna be jumping at the first word of any possible Laker moves.

About Gasol's toughness: I feel like he's increased in confidence because of getting shoved around and then hitting the weights, hence the slight increase in "toughness." (Common sense, I guess)

It annoys me that he's starting to develop some of that Kobe arrogance where he feels that he deserves the calls, but if he picks up some toughness from Kobe, he also picks up some of that arrogance/whining. IMO, if Kobe stopped fretting about the calls he doesn't get, then Pau will follow suit. Maybe if a T, and the ensuing free throw, directly decided a game. It would stop the whining... who knows.

I don't believe Ric Doucher....never have since he guaranteed Kobe would be traded a few years ago

That being said, even if we got Baron or Billups it wouldn't matter because the almightly triange would F up their games and make them play like Fisher.

We have a core of players that have made 3 straight Finals, I'm ready to roll with them and let them defend their titles and see what they can do this year.

If you don't think Pau is tougher now than his years in Memphis and his first year with the Lakers, then you didn't watch him in Memphis and his first year with the Lakers.
laugh.gif

If he got 16 rebounds before, 15 of those were balls that bounced to him because he had good position, and the one that was in traffic was just an anomaly.
laugh.gif

I'm not saying he's a Rodman/Oakley hybrid.

I just said tougher.

Kobe Bryant was the downfall of Ric Bucher.  
I mean, Kobe was gone essentially, he just had a change of heart. 

No one will ever let that down.  After that, anything he reports gets tossed in the trash.  
laugh.gif

He's certainly "tougher" then he was, but that's not really saying much is it? 
laugh.gif

And oh my God it better not be Bibby, I would HATE that. 
30t6p3b.gif

I've been looking all day and I don't see anything anywhere else speaking on that report, or talking about it, so chances are it was something made up.  If it happens somewhere along the line, great, but as of now I'm thinkin this is a false "report" out there. 

Back
Top Bottom