[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

we dont lose anything besides REBOUNDING if we get melo for bynum...injuries are a constant struggle with him and i see him on the bench during crunch time most of the time...its hard to trade a player when youve been to 3 straight NBA finals but Bynum for Melo is a steal in my eyes

The last thing LA should be thinking about is getting smaller, have 1 center (Ratliff is good for squat), and 2 players (Kobe/Melo) competing for ball time.

Sounds like Artest really wants out, so LA should be focusing on that aspect.

something i was thinking about earlier.... could the lakers be trying to prepare for dwight howard in the future with trading bynum? yea....i know lakers probably wont have no money for him but was just thinking lol

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

The last thing LA should be thinking about is getting smaller, have 1 center (Ratliff is good for squat), and 2 players (Kobe/Melo) competing for ball time.

Sounds like Artest really wants out, so LA should be focusing on that aspect.
lakers play small everytime bynum is injured

^ I mean, when you look at it, it makes sense.

As long as you're looking at it with foggy lenses that aren't your prescription.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dapurplengold213

we dont lose anything besides REBOUNDING if we get melo for bynum...injuries are a constant struggle with him and i see him on the bench during crunch time most of the time...its hard to trade a player when youve been to 3 straight NBA finals but Bynum for Melo is a steal in my eyes
rebounding is the reason why we won last year and its also the main reason why we lost to the spurs that one game.

Every time the Lakers lose a few, the trade rumors start piling up 
eyes.gif

I say NO trades, keep the same lineups. Just need some fine-tuning.
I swear sometimes when I come up in here, this sounds more like an anti-Laker thread.
Im gonna go out on a limb and say the Lakers win three out of the next five.

Trade bynum for melo n nene. Then let nene work wit kareem...win. bynum has been coo, but its time to go.

Originally Posted by Freeze

Trade bynum for melo n nene. Then let nene work wit kareem...win. bynum has been coo, but its time to go.

Tell me why the Nuggets would want to do that? 
laugh.gif

--I havent chimed in yet. Melo for Drew? I say NO.
--We just need to get to the playoffs healthy. Period. Thats all there is to it.

--In the meantime, mentally prepare yourselves for an epic loss at Boston Thursday night.

I think a lot of people are expecting too much out of bynum. He is not that good and will never be.

He does not really embrace his defensive role and on offense you really can not rely on him for consecutive possessions. He is hit and miss with his post moves. All of this is considering that he remains healthy
laugh.gif

I see some laker fans are of the "portland trailblazers from the mid 80's" school of thought.

Originally Posted by dapurplengold213

we dont lose anything besides REBOUNDING
Like that's not important 
laugh.gif

No way I'd do this deal if I'm LA...let's just say that they did make this trade. They'd have 5 SF's on the roster (Melo, Ron, Barnes, Luke and Ebanks) and be paying them a combined $30+ million. Not to mention Pau goes back to playing out of position, with the only true center on the roster being an injured/old Theo Ratliff 
sick.gif

Bynum has 2 years left on his deal, with the last one being a team option. In a sense, next season his contract could be treated as an expiring deal...just in time for Mitch to work his magic 
wink.gif

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2dagvzt

Like I said, I wouldn't trade Bynum for Melo.

I, without any hesitation would trade Artest + Luke for Melo though!
tongue.gif

I know Luke will never be traded though... so how about Artest + Blake or Brown for Melo?

And for the record... Wallace >>>> Captain Jack

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Freeze

Tell me why the Nuggets would want to do that? 
laugh.gif

Melo cuz, well u kno, and nene because they can cut his expensive contract, plus he said he been fed up with the organization

pimp.gif

Never really liked Bynum.... So do it Mitch!!!

I wonder how it'll impact team chemistry if the trade really happens..

Back
Top Bottom