[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Right now is the time of the year when you see who are the real & long time Laker fans and who are just the Kobe fans here on NT.

Thats why I can't wait for the trade deadline to come & pass so that all these non sense trade scenarios that keep poping up and where everyone on here plays mini & fantasy GM stops.

This year it's Melo, last year it was Bosh, a few years ago Jason Kidd.

Trading for Melo just does not make any sense when by next summer the Lakers will have a better shot at getting better players like: Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook. Bynum that same summer the Lakers have a team option and can clear $16 million by not picking up his option.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Max Kellerman has no business & does not deserve his own sports talk radio show. Dude should know his place and stick to boxing commentating.

570AM was so much better when they were the home of the Lakers on the radio and before Jeanie Buss sold them out and got more money to go to ESPN radio.

ESPN radio stations in general SUCK **% !

ESPN just recently about 2 or 3 years got into the sports radio scene where they bought out a lot and took over local radio stations.

He completely crosses the line sometimes, and you have to know you are speaking with.  Guarantee you Jerry West won't come on his show anymore. 
I miss 570 am.  You're right, tt's just ESPN radio now, all the locals are dying or have died.  Sad.  

Mason and John Ireland show is what I always look forward to listen to though.  

CP...why do our fans panic so much year after year? I feel like you and I are among the few that notice how bad it gets...as well as embarrassing. 
We don't need trades...we just need to stay healthy, we'll be fine... sheesh 
ohwell.gif

^
Man, I even said it my very first post in this thread, everybody settle in for 9 months, not 3, not 4, not 2 and a half, and still, panic every time we have a bad quarter. 
30t6p3b.gif

3-4 years ago when we were watchin Kwame, Smush and Luke dribble off their foot every other play, Laker fans seemed happier, and dealt with things better. 

Now we good, and they panic after every God damn detail. 
sick.gif
  Drivin me up the @#$%^& wall. 
laugh.gif

But whatever, I'll see em all celebratin in the postseason and I'll know which is which.  No big deal. 

I think you guys are confusing the way people analyze the games with "Panic"

Granted there are some fans who are in panic mode, that's just how some people are about everything.

I don't really care about the whole trade thing, we don't need a trade for us to 3-peat. These guys just have to play better.

I don't have much sympathy for guys who get paid millions only to not try because it's the regular season. Kobe goes out there every night to win no matter what the situation is.

Granted I realize not everyone has the same motivation or drive as Kobe, but some of the stuff we do just does not deserve an excuse.

I don't panic when we don't rebound or play defense or hustle, because this is what happens when you've been to the finals 3 years in a row, but that doesn't make it right.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Originally Posted by dapurplengold213

we dont lose anything besides REBOUNDING
yup..just rebounding ....no big deal

NBA Finals Rebounding
Game 1 - Bos -31 Lal -42
Lakers Win

Game 2 - Bos -44 Lal -39
Lakers Lose

Game 3 - Bos -35 Lal -43
Lakers Win

Game 4 - Bos -41 Lal -34
Lakers Lose

Game 5 - Bos -35 Lal -34
Lakers Lose

Game 6 - Bos -39 Lal -52
Lakers Win

Game 7 - Bos -40 Lal -53
Lakers Win
bynum averaged 7 rebounds per game in the playoffs

but hes also a big body and puts gasol in his more comfortable position of power forward. its funny the same people who constantly call pau soft are the ones hoping for the bynum/melo deal. because if the deal does go down, pau will have to play center. how'd that work out for us in the 2008 finals? the fact is im one of the guilty ones whos been itching for bynum to get traded since hes so injury prone but not for carmelo. melo is a top 10 player and bynum wouldnt even hold his jock but c'mon how would melo fit in our system. we already have people at the position and we have kobe whos basically that gun slinger like melo. we have enough fire power in the offensive side, its our defense that we need help on and a big body like bynum is a big part of that. again, id trade drew for another big like nene, brooke lopez or noah. but if the nugs are willing to include nene with the deal, then i say do it mitch. 

Right now is the time of the year when you see who are the real & long time Laker fans and who are just the Kobe fans here on NT.

Thats why I can't wait for the trade deadline to come & pass so that all these non sense trade scenarios that keep poping up and where everyone on here plays mini & fantasy GM stops.

Trading for Melo just does not make any sense when by next summer the Lakers will have a better shot at getting better players like: Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook. Bynum that same summer the Lakers have a team option and can clear $16 million by not picking up his option.
I see what you're saying and you're right to criticize, but by the same token I have to say it's highly unlikely we pick up any one of those guys, I wish we did though... and it's still two summers away since it's summer 2012 DHoward becomes a FA I think...

CP1708:
3-4 years ago when we were watchin Kwame, Smush and Luke dribble off their foot every other play, Laker fans seemed happier
Cuz Kobe was going ham on the league! 
laugh.gif
You and I both know there's a lot of 'Kobe first, Lakers second' Lakers fans. I mean, that's a fact. Alright... well, when he was going ape shhh but Kwame & Co. were under our employ, those fans were happy. Now we're winning chips, and Kobe might have a 12 pt. game, and these dudes don't like that.

And then there are genuine Lakers fans who just see concerns everywhere we look, even as we sit on repeat championships coming out of 3 consecutive Finals appearances.
laugh.gif

Very true. Lol but I don't sweat any time we lose. And I wasn't giddy watchin us lose while Kobe poured out a 40. People just stress too damn much, prolly from talkin sideways to too many people. Lolololol. I just don't get why people can't grasp that there will be lulls during a long season but that don't mean a team can't get straight come playoff time. Please see 2011 Green Bay Packers. 2010 San Francisco Giants. 2010 LA Lakers, etc etc etc......teams just need to play well come post time. And I'm just a little sure that Phil and Kobe will have the guys focused, ready, and hungry when it matters most.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nermindee

kobe just said luke is a better shooter than peeps give him credit for.... stop it kobe... lol

well kobe is the dumb !*$ that wanted the team to sign steve blake and re sign shannon brown so....

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP1708:
3-4 years ago when we were watchin Kwame, Smush and Luke dribble off their foot every other play, Laker fans seemed happier
Cuz Kobe was going ham on the league! 
laugh.gif
You and I both know there's a lot of 'Kobe first, Lakers second' Lakers fans. I mean, that's a fact. Alright... well, when he was going ape shhh but Kwame & Co. were under our employ, those fans were happy. Now we're winning chips, and Kobe might have a 12 pt. game, and these dudes don't like that.

thats why we get such a bad rep on here and in general aside from NT. yeah it kinda irks me when i see people on here getting excited about kobe dropping 40 but yet we're in a dog fight. for example that kings game and the celtics a couple sundays ago.

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

I see what you're saying and you're right to criticize, but by the same token I have to say it's highly unlikely we pick up any one of those guys, I wish we did though... and it's still two summers away since it's summer 2012 DHoward becomes a FA I think...
D12 that same summer in 2012 can and probably will opt out his current contract. Haven't you seen the reports saying he's growing increasingly frustrated in Orlando because he see's his opportunities at winning a ring going away. Same goes for CP3.

I mean also factor in that D12 loves the media spotlight and attention, then throw in Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Dr. Buss, and the logo calling him and selling him on the idea of winning rings and the LA media market. It's deja vu amd summer of 96 all over again
laugh.gif
when the NBA's first OG Superman came to LA for the same reasons.

Pau and Drew SHOULD dominate inside with Perk being the only C the Celtics have...but who knows, guess I'll catch the replay tomorrow on NBA TV since I got rid of the DVR

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

frown.gif
It makes me sad! Kobe's head was over the rim, nowadays it looks like Kobe lost a good foot off his leap.

tired.gif
 crazy how hes already played more games than MJ did his whole career (correct me if I'm wrong).

On a side note I expect a Laker fan riot if we lose. The players will respond by saying "Were okay, its not the playoffs yet"  
grin.gif

GO LAKERS! 

Back
Top Bottom