[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

smile.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

30t6p3b.gif

--True. The Lakers can and will beat anyone in the west in a best of 7.
--But if the Finals start in Boston..or Miami...good-bye three-peat. Hello rebuild.

This!
frown.gif

I think some of us are investing too much stock into the past and what other teams have gone through.

I understand going through cold spells offensively, but as already mentioned, I am really worried about the team defense. From the first game of the season and through that early winning streak, there were plenty of things that concerned me and they are still prevalent with this team. Letting one player attack the offensive boards when there are 2-3 Lakers around, poor defensive rotation and over help which leads to WIDE OPEN shooters, and a lack of intensity.

Watching how LA plays defense, it shouldn't even be a surprise why they lost to the teams they did. Everyone is in the NBA for a reason and if dudes are about to get warmup jumpshot type looks, they're probably going to fall. These guys keep up this same type of defense and I don't know who they can get stop.

playoffs playoffs...

the day I start believing that they wont pull it together...is admitting they wont get pass the 2nd round in the west or sumtin like that

they'll pull it together...i hope

to the people who say THE LAKERS will not put it together, they will choke etc.

were you saying that after the celtics and knicks victory ?

We're doing pretty much the same thing we did last year, the difference last year was Kobe hit the 7 buzzer beaters or whatever. 

Without those 7 shots last year, we lose to Sac at home (sound familiar?)
We lose to the Bucks......sound familiar?
We lose in Memphis.......Pattern?
We lose in Boston
We lose to the Heat at home (not this year's Heat, last year's)
We lose at home to the Raptors

This year we've had one buzzer beater, vs the Clips by Fisher.  We also were .1th of a second away from beating the Spurs. 

It's why I try to remind you guys, a game can swing any direction for no reason.  Lemme ask ya'll, if we win last night, vs the Cavs, what, everything is ok then?  We're still "the Lakers" if we win last night, but not if we lose? 
eyes.gif
  I said it last night, the 4 wins to start the trip vs winning teams.....ok, 3.5 wins (DyHard
wink.gif
) were less important then the 2 losses to bad teams?  Where is the logic in that? 

After March 12th, we have 11 home games, and 4 road games.  A perfect stretch to work on our game, turn up the intensity, practice, do whatever it is we need too.  Phil always finds a way.  Also note, here we are, approaching March, and nobody is dead.  Bynum is alive, Kobe is in better shape then normal (other then wearyiness) Barnes should be back in a week or two, even Ratliff may return.  Nobody that we need in our 9 man rotation will miss significant time this season from January on other then Barnes.  (knock on as much wood as you can find right now)  That's key. 

Boston last year went on the road vs the Cavs, then the Magic, and then us.  They were older then we are this year.  But because they are a veteran team, that had been there and done that, they handled their business.  They had a 13 point lead in a game 7 in the 3rd quarter.  They simply ran outta gas, and we made the plays at the end.  We being another veteran team with know how. 

We stay healthy, we get right during the final month mostly at home, we get to 55 wins or so, play our first round opponent, and go from there.  See who we match up with, and how.  Save Kobe's legs, Fisher's legs, keep Bynum with 2 legs, Odom and Gasol stary fresh, and hope that Barnes and Blake and Brown get that comfort back from early in the year, help us hustle it out more.  And then get Ron interested in some playoff type basketball.  Phil will shut down the team like he ALWAYS does during the postseason.  NO DISTRACTIONS.  Kobe and Fish will start to smell the postseason again.  No more playing Cleveland.  No more 7 game road trips.  No more back to backs.  No more 4 games in 5 nights.  MORE time to study and prepare for our opponents. 

And you guys doubt that these guys can get back into the swing of things?  Phil been to the Finals in 13 of the last 19 years. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  He knows what he's doing. 

Be patient. 

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

especially the perimeter defense I know it was always a little flakey with two big man bynuma nd gasol on the floor but its like any team that just makes a good ball rotation gets a wide open look everrytime

or laker are bumping into each other not knowing what zone or what switches to make. other than that bynum and pau gotta step up and if kobe wants to shoot like he's kobe from 8 years ago he needs to be making those kobe from 8 years ago turrible shots

Originally Posted by CP1708

We're doing pretty much the same thing we did last year, the difference last year was Kobe hit the 7 buzzer beaters or whatever. 

Without those 7 shots last year, we lose to Sac at home (sound familiar?)
We lose to the Bucks......sound familiar?
We lose in Memphis.......Pattern?
We lose in Boston
We lose to the Heat at home (not this year's Heat, last year's)
We lose at home to the Raptors

This year we've had one buzzer beater, vs the Clips by Fisher.  We also were .1th of a second away from beating the Spurs. 

It's why I try to remind you guys, a game can swing any direction for no reason.  Lemme ask ya'll, if we win last night, vs the Cavs, what, everything is ok then?  We're still "the Lakers" if we win last night, but not if we lose? 
eyes.gif
  I said it last night, the 4 wins to start the trip vs winning teams.....ok, 3.5 wins (DyHard
wink.gif
) were less important then the 2 losses to bad teams?  Where is the logic in that? 

After March 12th, we have 11 home games, and 4 road games.  A perfect stretch to work on our game, turn up the intensity, practice, do whatever it is we need too.  Phil always finds a way.  Also note, here we are, approaching March, and nobody is dead.  Bynum is alive, Kobe is in better shape then normal (other then wearyiness) Barnes should be back in a week or two, even Ratliff may return.  Nobody that we need in our 9 man rotation will miss significant time this season from January on other then Barnes.  (knock on as much wood as you can find right now)  That's key. 

Boston last year went on the road vs the Cavs, then the Magic, and then us.  They were older then we are this year.  But because they are a veteran team, that had been there and done that, they handled their business.  They had a 13 point lead in a game 7 in the 3rd quarter.  They simply ran outta gas, and we made the plays at the end.  We being another veteran team with know how. 

We stay healthy, we get right during the final month mostly at home, we get to 55 wins or so, play our first round opponent, and go from there.  See who we match up with, and how.  Save Kobe's legs, Fisher's legs, keep Bynum with 2 legs, Odom and Gasol stary fresh, and hope that Barnes and Blake and Brown get that comfort back from early in the year, help us hustle it out more.  And then get Ron interested in some playoff type basketball.  Phil will shut down the team like he ALWAYS does during the postseason.  NO DISTRACTIONS.  Kobe and Fish will start to smell the postseason again.  No more playing Cleveland.  No more 7 game road trips.  No more back to backs.  No more 4 games in 5 nights.  MORE time to study and prepare for our opponents. 

And you guys doubt that these guys can get back into the swing of things?  Phil been to the Finals in 13 of the last 19 years. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
  He knows what he's doing. 

Be patient. 

Very good points.  Still glad the AS break is here, though.

I was honestly worried a few weeks back, but now I clearly see it is an effort problem which will definitely be fixed by the playoffs.  

my issue is this team really looks tired
3 straight trips to the Finals and then a tripe to Europe will do that

But I just don't get how an older Boston team looks more fresh even though they've played a lot of games over the past 3 seasons too

Hopefully they're just conserving energy for the playoffs

But if we get past SA and don't have HCA in the Finals, I don't see us winning the chip this year

Just saw Kobe in a Smart Car in downtown
laugh.gif

Looks like he's shooting a commercial.

Sorry no pics.

alot stuff can be contributed to Phil tho...him testing the club throughout a lot of these games is gearing them up...sumtimes they fail sumtimes they pull through...when its stretches where its a goofy line up out there for too long and it causes them to lose the game...the next time around that line up may be able to respond better and help get a W in the playoffs

I'm still not worried about the lakeshow. Artest and Bynum are playing like gaping vaginas right now. I can't wait until barnes comes back.

When is barnes supposed to be back?

i see a lot of similiarities with this team with that 2001 championship team. we looked really ugly in the regular season and lost to the last place clippers at home, the warriors and got swept in the season series against to the lottery bound sonics.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i see a lot of similiarities with this team with that 2001 championship team. we looked really ugly in the regular season and lost to the last place clippers at home, the warriors and got swept in the season series against to the lottery bound sonics.

nerd.gif
yea but we went up against a weak 76's team.
We can't just turn it on against the Celtics when they will most likely have HC

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

nerd.gif
yea but we went up against a weak 76's team.
We can't just turn it on against the Celtics when they will most likely have HC

but we also went undefeated against a tough western conference playoff teams at the time. a very stacked blazers team, deep sacramento kings squad and the team with the best record in the spurs. i wouldnt call that sixer team weak due to the fact they were the only team to beat us in that playoff team. plus allen iverson was just remarkable.

again, im not going to worry unless we are in an elimination game during the playoffs. which is why i was pulling my hair during game 6 and game 7 of last years finals
embarassed.gif

these laker fans are good at making themselves feel better....bunch of insecure dudes trying to rationalize...LMAO

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

these laker fans are good at making themselves feel better....bunch of insecure dudes trying to rationalize...LMAO
indifferent.gif
Please just shut up, youre the same FOOL who believed Bron would go to the mavs if Cuban could pay him outside of basketball as a regular employee or some dumb $#!+ like that.

Spoiler [+]

Yes, absolutely without a shadow of a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom