[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

yeah i think they do give shirts away, but yeah, the people don't really wear them

Most Lakers fans again don't wear giveaway shirts

Posted May 17 2010 10:30PM

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Not even the Lakers can tell a fashionable Los Angeles crowd what to wear.
Most fans at Staples Center on Monday night declined to put on their giveaway gold T-shirts for Game 1 of the Western Conference finals.

The Lakers handed out thousands of shirts with their logo on the back and the slogan "Together We Are One" on the front, attempting the popular color-coordination crowd stunt performed in several arenas during the NBA and NHL playoffs.

The idea definitely isn't hip in L.A., where the crowd gave the same polite disdain to thousands of giveaway white T-shirts earlier in the playoffs.

Some fans waved the shirts like a Terrible Towel, but most stuck them underneath their seats.

i know i'm wearing mine if they do give them out tomorrow

Originally Posted by Freeze

Originally Posted by enrique23

Anyone know if they give out shirts at staples at the beginning of each round or just the beginning of the playoffs?

errr do they? I can't imagine those hoity toity people covering their expensive outfits with a tee shirt..

To the contrary, when I went to Game 1 of the Finals last year, they handed out tees as well. People wore them. Granted, I didn't sit anywhere close to the court, so I'm not sure
about the wealthy people.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at the RonROn compilation.
--Ron's flexing > Kobe's scowl. For now.
--Gameday. Lakers better come out awake or we'll see homecourt diminish in a heartbeat.

i'd love a free laker shirt.
pimp.gif
 but you cant get the bougie people of LA to wear it.

we have to win game 1 tonight. we cannot be down 0-1 to the mavs. they're a talented team.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i'd love a free laker shirt.
pimp.gif
 but you cant get the bougie people of LA to wear it.

we have to win game 1 tonight. we cannot be down 0-1 to the mavs. they're a talented team.

man as much as i think the miami fans at the games are a disgrace to the words  "home court advantage"   i feel the same about staples at times.

anyhow,  im not in the mood to be a humble laker fan or do that doom and gloom stuff.  ill let darth do it and when he does it it works so if it aint broke don't fix it.

that being said, im going to have an arrogant laker fan mindset with a zodogg twist to it for this series.

Lakers in 5,   blow these rat bastards out and embarass them every game in the series.     Die Mavericks PF 41 Die and let Mark Cuban get ran up on by some gangbangers on the way to staples.

all that being said i actually like dirk and mark cuban and don't really wish that upon them, and i think dallas is a really good team but all that "it's going to be a good series" talk gets old after a while
laugh.gif

^ because you asked for it dude...

--Dirk will have a big game tonight. 37 points or so before the Lakers can figure out how to guard him it will be too late.
--Kobe will play facilitator and it will backfire on him as no one will be able to knock down a shot.
--JET owns Barnes and Blake, makes a 26 foot bank shot in their face as time expires before halftime.

--Dallas steals one on the road. Panic button is pressed on NT and FB.

--Mavericks 99 Lakers 92 Final (DAL leads best-of-7 series 1-0)

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

^ because you asked for it dude...

--Dirk will have a big game tonight. 37 points or so before the Lakers can figure out how to guard him it will be too late.
--Kobe will play facilitator and it will backfire on him as no one will be able to knock down a shot.
--JET owns Barnes and Blake, makes a 26 foot bank shot in their face as time expires before halftime.

--Dallas steals one on the road. Panic button is pressed on NT and FB.

--Mavericks 99 Lakers 92 Final (DAL leads best-of-7 series 1-0)
pimp.gif

The team as a whole screwed up the game... no need to blame anyone.

Phil getting out coached and leaving the second unit for way too long (check)
Gasol playing his alter ego Gasoft (  check )
Second Unit not keeping the lead  (  check  )
Kobe not hitting the shot  ( check  )
Artest going back to the last season...show up whenever Artest ( check )

Take care of business in game 2 and 3. If Lakers do this Game 1 is forgotten.

I seriously doubt our bench on the road.. Dallas took our best shot and still managed to win( Thank our bench and straight up ******ed defense)

I wouldn't necessarily say that that was the best shot the Lakers could give but at the same time this is a really disappointing loss. Dallas had nice ball movement tonight and our players looked lost at times trying to rotate to the open shooter. LO is going to be the most effective when attacking this series and I'm hoping for a bigger impact from Bynum & Gasol.

The key is not falling asleep at any point on defense though. I just hate how it seems like these guys make things way tougher than they should be.

I think Phil is the greatest coach in the history of professional sports but it seems like he has one foot out the door sometimes. He just doesn't seem to have the passion that he used to. Pau plays like he is content with having won 2 rings.

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

I wouldn't necessarily say that that was the best shot the Lakers could give but at the same time this is a really disappointing loss. Dallas had nice ball movement tonight and our players looked lost at times trying to rotate to the open shooter. LO is going to be the most effective when attacking this series and I'm hoping for a bigger impact from Bynum & Gasol.

The key is not falling asleep at any point on defense though. I just hate how it seems like these guys make things way tougher than they should be.

3 Chandler jams from lobs
mad.gif

--Post backfire. I step down from posting anything Laker related till this series is over.
--Mavericks got this one in 6 (hard fought games). Kobe is done. Pau went from All-star to garbage over night.

Ugh...

My phone blowing up....Check
Laker nation over reacting...Check
Me still believing we got this...Check

Let's go lakers.....

Originally Posted by tupac003

Ugh...

Let's go lakers.....
Co sign bro.

Bynum & Artest who were effective and played well in the 1st round were non factors tonight. Ron looked disinterested and was not involved in the offense while he settled for some bad shots tonight.

We need these 2 guys to step up and play like they did against the Hornets in this round.

When Bynum & Odom are in at the same time with the 2nd unit.What really pisses me off is that neither one of them calls for or demands the ball & offense to run the offense through them and then we end up seeing Shannon Brown jacking up stupid shots out of the triangle offense.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by tupac003

Ugh...

Let's go lakers.....
Co sign bro.
Facebook is blowing up with feed from acclaimed Heat "fans" that were cheering for Celtics last Finals.....Check!

We'll bounce back.

the lakers did almost everything bad today except for a few runs and kobe jumpers

the defensive rotations were atrocious most of the game...especially Gasol...his defense on the pick n roll led to many drive and dish or drive and lob to chandler plays

his last few possessions were a turnover, getting blocked by chandler, and a turnover
on defense he let marion score a layup on him and then the foul on nowitzki

I know kobe missed the last shot and had that turnover but that was all gasol there in crunch time doing everything bad. He has been like this ALL YEAR.

But the lakers wouldnt have lost the lead if Phil didnt play the bench so much. Dude is senile.

anyways I still think we got this series

I'm wondering why most of these guys are still playing regular season type minutes? Could have extended the lead at the beginning of the fourth but action Jackson left the bench in until 6 minutes left in the 4th. I mean I'm pretty sure 3 more minutes won't kill them. As opposed to adding entire games by not finishing teams off.

Back
Top Bottom