[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

gasol didnt play that bad of a game. id like to see kobe take 7 less shots and give them up to the bigs.... in the regular season the bigs beasted on this dallas defense...

phil gotta let the starters log in heavy minutes the next two games.

when steve blake is in the game its like were playing 4 on 5 out there... why is this guy not shooting or setting anybody up???

It's about adjustments....who has been the best coach in making adjustments? The guy with 11 rings.

We gave this game away. A substitution 2 minutes sooner and maybe we have a different game. I knew this was going to be tough. Anybody who didn't believe that is on rocks....

Originally Posted by heemsta

i hate waiting for the next game after we lose 
ohwell.gif

this

Tough to watch us lose, but we'll adjust to correct the deficiencies. No need to doom and gloom yet, it's only game 1. Let's go Lakers!

You guys gotta let it go about Phil.  I mean, really, ya'll know who that dude is right? 

He sticks with his bench more than anyone, and it has paid off for him PLENTY of times.  Hell, it paid off for him last night really. 

Phil got to the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter with a 3 point lead with his bench.  Benches are not designed to extend leads vs Dirk and Jason Terry led 4th quarters.  The fact we even had a lead is testament to what they gave us.  Now, Shannon missing a FT that coulda put us up 4 hurt us in the end, dude is a 90% ft shooter, but oh well.  Kobe and Pau came in with 6 minutes left and were outscored by 5 the rest of the way.  And you wanted them to play MORE minutes? 
ohwell.gif

Listen to what that is saying.  You want the bench to extend leads, so the starters are safer from giving up leads. 
laugh.gif

The starters gave this game away. 

And something that nobody is paying attention too.  Anyone notice they went for the win? 
nerd.gif
  At home, down TWO, they take a 3 to win.  And it was a called, set play they ran.  Why not go for OT?  Pau at 36 minutes, Kobe at 35 minutes, and yet Phil didn't go for 5 more minutes at home.  Certainly if we merely tied the game, the crowd woulda been goin crazy and we might have had momentum.  But like I been sayin, this is our FOURTH year of playin more games than anyone else.  And Phil seems to be shortening minutes for these guys.  And this was after 4 days off.  Call me crazy, but Phil knows them better than we do.  He's having to manage their minutes more so than last year, or the year before or before that. 

Bottom line, we blew this game, sure.  But Dallas also made big plays.  May not seem like it, but Dallas won 3 of the 4 quarters.  We just won Q2 big is all.  That's how we had that lead.  3 outta 4 quarters went to Dallas tho, and we lost by 2.  *shrugs* 

We got NOTHING from Ron.  Bynum also struggled, he was the only starter to not finish on the + side in terms of .  And yet, we controlled the entire second half until 20 seconds left.  Again, *shrugs* 

The one play I would have liked to have back was the end of the 3rd.  We go up 76-68, 40 seconds left, and JJ Barea just in off the bench, and we let that guy get a wide open 3. 
30t6p3b.gif
  May not have seemed like a big play, but you stop that possession, go into the 4th with either an 8 point lead, or maybe we get a last bucket to end the Q and push it to 10, now you're talkin.  That's a play that I'd like to have back.  Sorta reminded me of B Shaw in 2000 if ya think about it.  Hell, Roy hit one of those late 3rd Q 3's in their comeback win that sorta got the ball rolling for them in that game.  This was similar. 

Yea we all know his credentials, but I thought the plan was to decrease their minutes during the regular season so they could go for more when it really counts aka now. Reason why Dallas was able to staythat close was that Dirk was out there the entire 4th while Kobe was resting on the bench for what reason I don't know. Phil's roulette gambles have paid of in the past for the most part but still can't afford to just give games away.

Would another 5-8 minutes really have been that taxing considering they are going to have to play an extra 30 plus since they lost the game anyway, needing an extra victory? They just had 3 days off, how tired could they be? Now it's just going to get tougher with ganges every other day except if there is a game seven.

I have faith in Phil, but it just makes me uneasy when you have their to guns out there in the floor in crunch time and the best player in the game is just chillin on the bench while Chris Brown is dribbling the leather off the ball and Blake won't shoot the ball to decide his life.

Originally Posted by PMatic

@SebastianPruiti Dirk vs. Defenders - vs. Pau 6 poss, 5-5 (100%), 13 points, 2.16 PPP | Odom 15 poss, 6-14 shooting (42.9%), 15 points, 1.0 PPP

PPP=Points Per Possession

30t6p3b.gif

I guess ,overall, we did fine on Dirk, but Pau is going to have to make him work harder.  If he can't hold him on D, then he better put in work on the offensive end and get Dirk into foul trouble/tired.  I would like to see Artest/Barnes on him for just a few possessions to give him a different look.

I thought Kobes shooting was fine and for the most part unforced, but I think he needs to look for the bigs more.

Glad to see us get a wide open shot to win the game.  Dallas won't survive giving up such open looks.

--2011 Lakers = 1991 Lakers. Still capable but their time is DONE.
--If we even make it to the Finals Heat win in 6.
--The 2010 decade will be the equivalent of our 90's decade. OKC, Miami, NY, Chi-town, Memphis got this on lock for a minute.
--Just like Chi-town, Utah, Houston, NY, Orlando, Seattle did in the 90's.

--Mitch gotta see this and act now. Or its gonna be a long decade for us and a joyous decade for my hater friends.

Please don't let Fish try and guard Terry if Fish is gonna leave him open every time for jumpers.

Please don't collapse on JKidd in the lane and leave Peja/JET open for jumpers. Let Kidd try to navigate and score or dish in traffic.

Like I posted in the other thread.

As soon as our bench was put it, they lost the lead. Phil waited till almost the 5 minute mark to bring the starters back into the game, at which point we were up 2 points.

Not saying it was Phils fault, but it's just stupid that he brings the starters back or Kobe at around the 8 minute mark in the regular season when we're down, but not in the playoffs?

Also Kobe is the only person who kept us in the game. Even when pau got the ball at the 1 minute mark and tried to get a shot off and failed Steve Kerr was like "You gotta give the ball to Kobe" LOL

Now the media is going to do their usual BS, saying whenever Kobe goes for 30+ we lose or w.e, even though he shoe like 50% from the field and we would of lost by more if it wasn't for him.

The game was ugly, we didn't even play defense and had the game and gave it away.

Kobe with that stupid turnover as well. Chandler didn't even jump, easiest shot of the game and you pass and turn it over SMH. Also when Kidd HELD Kobe and he tripped, Pau lost the ball on his *$%+$!* own smfh. Kidd bumped Pau and the ball magically flew out of his hands, I know all of you had to be like SMFH

Originally Posted by RsXtreme415

I seriously doubt our bench on the road.. Dallas took our best shot and still managed to win( Thank our bench and straight up ******ed defense)
What game were you watching? That certainly was not our best shot...

still pissed about last night. i live in arlington. im surrounded by mavs fans SMH.

how do we let a 16pt lead get away. pau giving the mavs the lead for FREE. our bench has really been TERRIBLE for awhile now.

then kobe misses a GREAT look for 3 and misses smh.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--The 2010 decade will be the equivalent of our 90's decade. OKC, Miami, NY, Chi-town, Memphis got this on lock for a minute.

--Mitch gotta see this and act now. Or its gonna be a long decade for us and a joyous decade for my hater friends.
Ya'll lost one game, heat might not even make it to the finals, if so miami has nowhere near the same team as dallas, very different series.

Just make the adjustments, and go do our job on the road.  It can be done. 

The only thing that sucks about game 1 is letting Dallas gain their confidence, woulda been nice to keep them pressing a little ya know?  But maybe this will make damn sure we play better on the road as opposed to sleep walking like we did in games 3-4 vs OKC and Phoenix last year.  (both series we came back properly to win game 6 in their buildings) 

We've lost game 1's before.  And recovered, have to hope we do it again.  Don't give up just yet. 

*sigh*

Still not worried that we'll get past the Mavs, but I'm more worried now than I was before the game last night.

It's funny, at halftime, I thought "We're going to lose this game. We're going into the half thinking 'Hell yeah, they just had a major meltdown to close the half; we got this!', and the Mavs are gonna come out RIGHT after halftime."

And that's what happened.

We'll get this game back in Dallas, and we'll win the series.

But if our bench doesn't figure some things out, our titles hopes are ghost.

Originally Posted by durantula

Ya'll lost one game, heat might not even make it to the finals, if so miami has nowhere near the same team as dallas, very different series.

laugh.gif
   you're obviously not familiar how darth works around here.

well, i was just a bit ticked off how we blew a 16 point lead. we need to get the bigs involved early and kobe should really limit his shot attempts. close out on the shooters.

the bench does not figure things out because they don't go inside to the bigs every time
they just pass around the perimeter and shoot a jumper...shannon brown especially

dallas fast breaks killed the bench cause the idiots kept taking stupid shots

the main thing is that they need to contain those 3 point shooters
dallas had 27 points from three point land

if we play well we can win the next 4 games but the lakers are still not taking things seriously
I wonder what getting eliminated would do for this team

so much for letting dirk get h is and containing everyone else...their bench alone had 6 threes
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

166axpd.jpg

Dint even realize till john ireland mention right now on the radio

That kobe only played 35 mins.

Im all for resting our starters but i hope phil changes his rotations

Especially during the 4th quarter.. maybe instead of bringing kobe in at

The 6 min mark.. maybe do it at the 8th min mark.

I dont care that kobe shot 29 times yesterday, alot of the other starters

Were not into this game besides fisher.

Back
Top Bottom