[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

I detached myself emotionally as much as i could since the Hornets series so this would hurt less. I was actually doing that in case we were steamrolled by the Heat in the finals 
roll.gif

This team just is not that good. I've been telling you guys all year.

maybe im on the same stuff kobes on but i seriously think if they win tomorrow, they can still win this series. granted it's a long shot and it's highly unlikely but it's a shot to say the least.

the fact that game 4, and the potential games 5 and 6 are are all only 2 days apart would work in the lakers favor, once you get a win, you'd want to play again asap, and if the lakers could win tomorrow and defend home court in game 5, the series would go back to dallas 3-2 and dallas's past playoff struggles, doubts, and failures that they have done such a good job of erasing this playoffs after the game 4 portland loss would be brought up again.

the fact is, someone is eventually going to blow a 3-0 lead in a best of 7 series in the nba eventually and if it's going to happen, it will happen in a series that's played out similar to this, with the team down 0-3 underachieving and not playing nowhere near how they should and then getting it together the rest of the way. out of all 3 of the mavericks wins only game 2 impressed me and it could easily be 2-1 lakers instead of 3-0 dallas and the mavericks know that which is why their being so humble and level headed about the series.

i still just can't see a phil jackson coached kobe led team get swept in the playoffs, (i know the del harris, kurt rambis lakers got swept in 98 and 99) but even the 07 lakers who sucked played phoenix tough in those games when they lost 4-1, i just can't see this team going out like that.

we'll see what happens tomorrow though, im not even mad about the series no more and i took game 3 alot better then i took game 2, i was pissed after game 2, but win tomorrow and they'll be 25% of the way to making history.

Tom Haberstroh reports that Nowitzki has shot 19-25 (76 percent) when guarded by Gasol in this series. Against other Lakers -- Ron Artest and Lamar Odom, largely -- Dirk is 13-32 (41 percent). On the one hand, why is Jackson leaving Gasol on Nowitzki at all? But Phil should be able to trust his No. 2 player to play smart defense, even if he gets burned a little. Instead, Gasol is doing no better than, say, Derrick Caracter would. (That's not good.)
It seems to me that we will be ok next year if he overhaul the whole coaching staff. Let's get Jeff Van Gundy in here.

Man, pardon me for this crazy thinking, but if the lakers have to rebuild soon, o.j. Mayo is a very capable player that the Lakers should look at. He's proven to be a dynamo scorer in this league, and maybe with him and another big time piece, that could possibly be good for the lakers.

Just my opinion on the future for the lakeshow

if only the lake show would have stuck to the pick & roll. every time the lake show executed the pick & roll it was gold. but instead they choose to isolate and choose these ******ed shots when in reality they could have just done what the mavs do to us the whole series. fml i'm on suicide watch

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Man, pardon me for this crazy thinking, but if the lakers have to rebuild soon, o.j. Mayo is a very capable player that the Lakers should look at. He's proven to be a dynamo scorer in this league, and maybe with him and another big time piece, that could possibly be good for the lakers.

OJ mayo is the worst player on the Grizzlies active rotation

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by KenJi714

The legacy of Kobe is pretty much done. After last night defeat im not sure if I can look at him the same from now. As much of a kobe homer that i am i have to say i am disappointed with his effort. I don't know if he's tired, hurt or what not but if the game/season is on the line he must take over. Drive in and create foul or do something. Instead he kept taking contested jump shot and couldnt even get by Jason Kidd who is 38 years old. He's looking like the old Mike Jordan when he play for the Wiz. A midrange jump shooter and that's it.
30t6p3b.gif

Oh well let's at least win Sunday game to save humiliation. It's not officially over yet. I still believe we can get out of this mess

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! This is one of the dumbest things I have read all day!

Are you serious right now? You can't be. His legacy is done? Lord I don't get it. 5 rings is 5 rings. When its all said and done (which its not even all said and done your speaking as if this loss is going to make him retire) he is STILL going to go down as one of the top 10 players in the history of the NBA.

Do you think if the Heat win those 5, 6 or 7 titles they speak of people are going to start talking about Lebron's playoff ill's with Cleveland? Nope.

Honestly you must have never played the game in your life. In this NBA standard KOBE IS OLD! But he can still get it done. Hell Kidd is 38 and still getting it done so your point is so invalid.

I understand this is tough but we all saw this coming during the season. But like I'm telling everybody we are the greatest franchise in NBA history for a reason. 16 titles and at least one in every decade doesn't happen on accident. Moves will be made and we will be back on top. 
Ok i'll take back the legacy part. I used the wrong word. What i tried to say is Kobe reign of supreme is done . He's not the same Kobe that we used to see. I don't care how good defense Jason was playing on Kobe. 2-3 years ago . Kobe would have blow past him and take it to the hole for an and1. Jason kidd is 38 and is 6'4. Kobe look like he's 36 years old out there in these past few games. He really had me worry about how hes going to be playing next year, the year after, and so on etc. And this is coming from a guy who still think Kobe is top 2 in the league. Now my view on him has changed after watching the first round and this past few games of the second round. KOBE is no longer KOBE

Yeah, but there's a difference between a hungry 38 year old, and a 32 year old who has tasted glory.

The focus is just not there.

30t6p3b.gif
when people panic around here, they sure go overboard. Jesus. We're not dead you clowns. We may lose this series, and then what happens when we make some big moves? Right back where we wanna be. And one small silver lining, if we're done first week of May, that's six weeks more rest for these guys. They WILL come out next year angry, just like 09. Believe that. Ya'll with the legacy is over, dynasty is done, players are done, all are stupid. 400 + games in 4 years wear teams down. Get a damn clue.

I wish Sasha was still here. I knew he would atleast make some 3's in Game 2. And I know he would atleast get into CP3's head, and I think he would get into Terry or JJ's head... 
30t6p3b.gif

Traded his @+# for Joe Smith.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

OJ Mayo is also Kobes %$!@#
eek.gif

Better than Shannon Brown for sure though

They ain't tired though, I'm not buying that excuse for this one. Bynum is as fresh as he's ever been, and the rest of the guys have played far less minutes than any during this run. Hell they ain't even playing major minutes in the playoffs which still boggles my mind. They just aren't focused, haven't executed down the stretch and just don't look like they want it as bad as Dallas does.

Like I said before, they'll be PLENTY of rest when the lockout ensues, ain't no time to be worrying about that now. All the other teams in the West are just going to continue to improve and if the Lakers don't make a big splash by acquiring D12, etc. this could be just the beginning. These guys are only going to get older and there's not a lot outside of dangling Bynum and Pau that we could do to improve this team. There is NO excuse for THIS team going out like a bunch of suckas.

Anyway just win Game 4 tomorrow, that's all they can do and we'll worry about the rest from there. And if not then THIS team as constituted has run it's course.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by knightngale

OJ Mayo is also Kobes %$!@#
eek.gif

Better than Shannon Brown for sure though
He's far from being the worst player on the grizzlies active rotation. Just a down year, and is doing what the team that he is on calls for. Look at what he's done as the main guy for that team, or the 2nd option. He's not even the first option off the bench in memphis. I think he can be an awesome combo guard for the lakers in the future.
And O.J. does get abused by Kobe. 

As a Laker fan, I believe also.

I know for a fact this is me reaching but:

Win the next game. (3-1)
Win the following game at home. (3-2)

This would be the most important game, forcing Dallas to close on their home floor. If LA wins this one, I'm confident with them in a game seven.

Games one and three we outplayed them for 43 minutes. Defensive lapses are killer.

shoeking2101:
When did this happen?!

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

As a Laker fan, I believe also.

I know for a fact this is me reaching but:

Win the next game. (3-1)
Win the following game at home. (3-2)

This would be the most important game, forcing Dallas to close on their home floor. If LA wins this one, I'm confident with them in a game seven.

Games one and three we outplayed them for 43 minutes. Defensive lapses are killer.
Same thing I said last night
pimp.gif
we just gotta win one

some of these laker fans are acting like girls.

hoping for sweeps and predicting losses..........
sick.gif

The first years post Shaq did more to hurt Kobe's "legacy" than this "old" Kobe. During those times Kobe seemed to be a whiny little b!tch that was all about himself. These last few years have re-established and cemented his legacy if anything. Getting older is part of the game and people will only remember the run down Kobe because it's fresher in their memories or because that's all they want to remember Kobe as.

Back
Top Bottom