[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

^ What changed for me wasn't even Bynum; it's Pau. I have little tolerance for Mr. Glass type dudes; I have ZERO tolerance for 'Yeah, I beasted yesterday. Today? Enh, what time do the clubs open out here?' type dudes.

NONE.

I can't effing STAND that crap. Go be someone else's million dollar problem if you're going to decide when you're going to go all out and when you're going to just throw the jersey on and go through the motions.

And at least if it were Bynum and Dwight (instead of Pau and Dwight), we could say 'Well hell, we still have Dwight freaking Howard' whenever Bynum was injured... which would be a lot.
laugh.gif

PMatic:
23ska909red02:
acidicality:
This is a little premature, but would the Lakers entertain trading Gasol in the off-season?
Apparently he has a no trade clause. Someone else said that earlier when I mentioned trading him for Dwight instead of Bynum for Dwight.

No Pau does not have a no trade clause.
laugh.gif
Kobe and Dirk are the only players in the league with a no trade clause.
Hell, I don't know.
laugh.gif

That's why I don't get into this talk when people talk about logistics. I just throw out my desires and recognize that I have no say in it anyways, so I'm just entertaining myself.
laugh.gif

But really, Kobe and Dirk are the ONLY players in the league with that?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Amazing to me how pro Bynum everyone is now. Couple months ago everyone wanted him traded for anybody with 2 knees.
laugh.gif

Guess you have't been watchin how Pau Gasol has been playing then.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PMatic:
23ska909red02:
Apparently he has a no trade clause. Someone else said that earlier when I mentioned trading him for Dwight instead of Bynum for Dwight.
No Pau does not have a no trade clause.
laugh.gif
Kobe and Dirk are the only players in the league with a no trade clause.
Hell, I don't know.
laugh.gif

That's why I don't get into this talk when people talk about logistics. I just throw out my desires and recognize that I have no say in it anyways, so I'm just entertaining myself.
laugh.gif

But really, Kobe and Dirk are the ONLY players in the league with that?
eek.gif

Yeah...there's specific rules to meet for a player to even be eligible to have one. Even then, teams usually don't grant them unless you're superstar like Kobe or Dirk, plus have some sort of legacy with said team.

I'll admit that the chances of the Lakers winning four straight are very slim. 
At this point, Im just hopin they dont get swept. 

Im still pullin for them though 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Freeze

the more i think about it, the more confident i am in us getting this series.  just gotta take it one game at a time.  we've really won 2 games already and just failed to close out. we finish strong, we get w's.  lakers prefer that back against the wall @#**, i expect them to rise to the occasion.  

While we were in position to win those games and just didn't finish, which would technically bode well for our ability to come back and win the series, I just don't see it happening. If this were a bad team or the depleted Rockets we played a couple years back, then yea. But this is actually a very good opponent with a lot of depth. It's hard to beat anybody 4 games in a row, much less a team as good as the Mavs. That's why when you outplay them for most of the game and have a comfortable lead, you have to actually finish the game off. 
I think if we had won last night, we would have had a good chance to win the series. Obviously now we don't
laugh.gif
. Not sure how I feel about tomorrow's game; I think guys like Kobe, Fisher, Odom and Drew have too much pride to get swept. But at the same time if things don't go well I can totally see this turning into a Game 6 Celtics type blowout where everybody just sulks the whole game.
30t6p3b.gif
My prediction is that we'll win tomorrow, win in LA, and then the Mavs will close it out in game 6 in Dallas. 

It really is crazy to see how lost Pau looks out there. He definitely needs to see a sports psychologist, or a regular psychologist. SOMETHING.

Amazing to me how pro Bynum everyone is now. Couple months ago everyone wanted him traded for anybody with 2 knees.
laugh.gif

the dude is dominating the mavs. the only bad game he had was the 3 for 8 performance and he missed 2 point blank gimmes or else he would have been 5 for 8.

hes like one of the only guys trying...

most of the time we wanted him traded is because he cant stay healthy....

the lakers dont need to blow it up. just this time they need to go out and get spot shooters...

laugh.gif
I am not sold on bynum. It is  not like dude is going for 25-10 with a lot of blocks. Gasol is so pathetic that he is making Bynum look like Hakeem Olajuwon as well.

Bynum has not dominated these Mavs scrub centers at all.

Hopefully Orlando's GM is falling for it as well and takes bynum+scrubs+picks for Howard. Howard would be dropping at least 30 a game and dominating on defense with these Dallas stiffs.

Let's just hope the Lakers have enough heart not to get swept #thatisall

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

60 minutes, huh?
laugh.gif

Hey we all knew what he meant, though.

Just that apparently, they've added another 12 minutes of playing time we weren't aware of.
laugh.gif

Guess you have to win halftime too?

Just win baby!

If not, I'll drink myself into depression on this lovely Sunday afternoon
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Trade Bynum for Iguodala
Trade Odom / Barnes for Chris Kaman

Kaman
Gasol
Iguodala
Kobe
Fisher

Chip in 12'

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Trade Bynum for Iguodala

Kaman
Gasol
Iguodala
Kobe
Fisher

Chip in 12'
Just saw that 76ers want to trade Iggy...would love to have him

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Trade Bynum for Iguodala

Kaman
Gasol
Iguodala
Kobe
Fisher

Chip in 12'

Bynum For Iggy? Really? 
indifferent.gif

I'm sorry but that does not look like a championship team at all. 

Back
Top Bottom