[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

LMAO. matthew berry sounds like an idiot as usual. dude sounds like he belongs to NT lolol...

Bill simmons speaks the truth like he's been doing

In this years playoffs...
Marc Gasol >>>> Pau Gasol
Did the rumored break-up with his girl really affect him that much?

Although we are in a deep *%%! of a hole right now, I still feel that the Lakers will win the series...

4 IN A ROW!!!

I think Lakers fans forgot that Kobe is having an off year cause HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING IN THE OFF SEASON AND DOES NOT EVEN PRACTICE DURING THE SEASON.

That is the impact of his knee surgery. I don't care how good the player is but if they don't train during the off season he is not going to be able to keep up a high level of play.

If we get eliminated this series he will have plenty of time to rest his body and then train later in the summer. He will be back in top form next year.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

maybe im on the same stuff kobes on but i seriously think if they win tomorrow, they can still win this series. 

but people been saying that for 2 games now... for 3 straight games this team have been playing stupid basketball.

can someone please tell me why bynum was dominating the whole game and for the last 9 minutes not one touch of the damn ball at all??? are you kidding me? you go away from what worked for you??? who do u blame for that?

you have an 8 point lead and then you proceed to allow the mavs to hit open 3's to get back into the game? because you have 2 or 3 guys crashing on dirk? like a jumper 8 feet from the rim is worth 10 points????

can we atleast please win one game????

pau gasol is a straight %#%!@ man.... how about you show that girl that dumped you why she made the biggest mistake in her life by winning a 3 peat? no you rather let your whole team down and show that your little brother wears the pants in the family>?

Originally Posted by acidicality

This is a little premature, but would the Lakers entertain trading Gasol in the off-season?
Its not premature. If the Magic are open to trading Dwight Howard due to fact that he won't resign (he's not returning), they are going to want someone with value in return. It'll either be Gasol or Bynum that gets traded but I don't see both of them returning next year.

knightngale:
I think Lakers fans forgot that Kobe is having an off year cause HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING IN THE OFF SEASON AND DOES NOT EVEN PRACTICE DURING THE SEASON.

That is the impact of his knee surgery. I don't care how good the player is but if they don't train during the off season he is not going to be able to keep up a high level of play.
Who the hell told you that?
laugh.gif

acidicality:
This is a little premature, but would the Lakers entertain trading Gasol in the off-season?
Apparently he has a no trade clause. Someone else said that earlier when I mentioned trading him for Dwight instead of Bynum for Dwight.

Unless we get Dwight in the offseason I definitely do not want to get rid of Bynum. On the list of guys I would not trade he's right after Kobe. his defense and rebounding are way too crucial and he is our most efficient offensive option; he just doesn't get enough touches.

I swear if I were the coach Bynum would have had 35 pts last game with how often I'd force him the ball.

the more i think about it, the more confident i am in us getting this series.  just gotta take it one game at a time.  we've really won 2 games already and just failed to close out. we finish strong, we get w's.  lakers prefer that back against the wall @#**, i expect them to rise to the occasion.  

Originally Posted by NobleKane

can someone please tell me why bynum was dominating the whole game and for the last 9 minutes not one touch of the damn ball at all??? are you kidding me? you go away from what worked for you??? who do u blame for that?

This.
tired.gif

They betrayed him, slighted him, after he busted his @%*. I sat there watching that 4th quarter unfold like "they're doing it again
30t6p3b.gif
"

I agree with not wanting to see Bynum go, it sucks that injury problems still linger but he's definitely got my respect. I thought about it a lot today and I think these guys can make history, but they're in a 0-3 hole for a reason and I know that if these guys aren't holding a lead at the end of the 1st, they might get swept by way of a blowout.

Originally Posted by Freeze

the more i think about it, the more confident i am in us getting this series.  just gotta take it one game at a time.  we've really won 2 games already and just failed to close out. we finish strong, we get w's.  lakers prefer that back against the wall @#**, i expect them to rise to the occasion.  

Coulda shoulda woulda. You really didnt win 2 games hence why you are 0-3. The pacers against the Bulls should of won two of those games but didnt close out hence why they are at home. You cant say youve won a game unless you have the higher score at the end of 60 minutes winning for 59minutes and 59 seconds means nothing

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Coulda shoulda woulda. You really didnt win 2 games hence why you are 0-3. The pacers against the Bulls should of won two of those games but didnt close out hence why they are at home. You cant say youve won a game unless you have the higher score at the end of 60 minutes winning for 59minutes and 59 seconds means nothing
Oh, word?

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

60 minutes, huh?
laugh.gif

Hey we all knew what he meant, though.

Just that apparently, they've added another 12 minutes of playing time we weren't aware of.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Magic is an idiot

If we lose tomorrow everyones going to be feeling the same way.

Obviously we don't dump EVERYONE but we're willing to trade anyone besides Kobe as long as it gets us a player like Dwight in return.

Drews shown plenty of heart, but if Magic want Bynum and lets say Odom for Dwight, I'm doing it.

Pau will never have to worry about pressure or playing defense again. You know....Exactly the way he wants it since him and pressure don't mix well. Dwight will take care of the paint and as long as we can land a good young PG I don't see why we wouldn't be able to make a run for the title again.

We don't need a all-star PG if we can get dwight. We just need a young PG like a collison or aaron brooks or something imo.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Magic is an idiot

If we lose tomorrow everyones going to be feeling the same way.

Obviously we don't dump EVERYONE but we're willing to trade anyone besides Kobe as long as it gets us a player like Dwight in return.

Drews shown plenty of heart, but if Magic want Bynum and lets say Odom for Dwight, I'm doing it.

Pau will never have to worry about pressure or playing defense again. You know....Exactly the way he wants it since him and pressure don't mix well. Dwight will take care of the paint and as long as we can land a good young PG I don't see why we wouldn't be able to make a run for the title again.

We don't need a all-star PG if we can get dwight. We just need a young PG like a collison or aaron brooks or something imo.
Blowing up this whole team is just absurd. Trust me I would love to get Dwight....but to give Odom away is practically giving our whole bench right there.
laugh.gif
This bench has no depth at all.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

knightngale:

Who the hell told you that?
laugh.gif

deductive reasoning ska

he took some time off after the finals and went to the world cup and all that !$#+
then he had the surgery in the middle of the summer
remember his 2-25 preseason games? yeah he still had not recovered from the surgery

It is pretty obvious that he was not working on his game or body during the off season but focused his time on the world cup and rehab

Also it is often reported by writers that follow the lakers that Kobe has not participated too much during practices cause of his injuries (knee and ankles)

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

acidicality:
Apparently he has a no trade clause. Someone else said that earlier when I mentioned trading him for Dwight instead of Bynum for Dwight.

No Pau does not have a no trade clause.
laugh.gif
Kobe and Dirk are the only players in the league with a no trade clause.

Amazing to me how pro Bynum everyone is now. Couple months ago everyone wanted him traded for anybody with 2 knees.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom