[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

I feel that the series will end in 6 in favor of Lakers if Pau decides to fully show up this series. I'm not talking about the 2 games he decided to show up against the Hornets, he needs to show up EVERY game. Bynum needs to keep showing his presence in the middle and keep getting the boards.
This series will come down to whichever team can grab the most boards and the bench play.  Both squads have height in this series. If the Laker decide to play how they played Hornets in game 1 and 4 then then series will extend to 7 or end even earlier if the Mavs can captivate.

Should be an exciting series, cant wait till Monday.

They do matchup well. Here's my take on each position....

Center- Bynum/Chandler: This is going to be tough for Bynum. He's bigger, but he hasn't had a series against someone who's damn near equal in the size department. Factor in that Chandler finished 3rd in defensive player of the year voting and this will be Bynum's toughest matchup of his playoff career (yes, more than Perkins). You see all those jumpers Aldridge took? There's a reason he was scared of the paint.
laugh.gif
Plus Chandler does for the Mavs what Bynum does for us. Rebound, tough interior defense and blocks shots. Both guys are prone to picking up quick fouls and being subjected to foul trouble. Hopefully, we can use Chandler's aggression to our advantage.

Power Forward- Nowitzki/Gasol: On paper, this looks like a good matchup for Dallas. But if the Gasol of the Hornets series sticks around, this is a complete mismatch in favor of the Mavs. Dirk has absolutely been on fire lately. His fadeaway has people on this forum comparing his jumper to Jordan
laugh.gif
. Plus, he's one of the best closers in the game. I'm pretty sure these games will be close late and we might have to double Dirk when it matters most. But if the Gasol we all know and love shows up, we could put him in the post and force Dirk to get physical and play some post defense. I like our chances if we can make that happen.

Small Forward- Artest/Marion: Artest has been having a great playoffs so far and I look for his great play to continue: offense and defense. He should give Marion fits on defense. The Mavs like to use Marion on the left low block and let him post up for a nice hook shot or so. Simply put: that's not going to fly against Ron. He's too strong to let Marion back him down. On the flip side, I could see Ron getting the ball in the post and taking advantage of his strength. Artest should be a beast on the offensive glass too considering I don't think Shawn will be able to keep him away from a rebound. Advantage LA.

Shooting Guard- Stevenson/Bryant: No analysis needed. The ONLY thing that concerns me is that Kobe gets lackadaisical on defense and can leave a 3 point shooter open...enough for Deshawn to make a couple shots from long range. But either way, advantage LA.

Point Guard- Fisher/Kidd: Great news for Fisher...Jason Kidd is slower than he is and certainly slower than CP3. Maybe LA's greatest advantage here is that we don't need a different defender (Kobe, Ron, Barnes...) to keep up with Kidd. I like this matchup and I think this is a wash, maybe a slight advantage to the Mavs, but it's damn close.

Originally Posted by AG 47

They do matchup well. Here's my take on each position....

Center- Bynum/Chandler: This is going to be tough for Bynum. He's bigger, but he hasn't had a series against someone who's damn near equal in the size department. Factor in that Chandler finished 3rd in defensive player of the year voting and this will be Bynum's toughest matchup of his playoff career (yes, more than Perkins). You see all those jumpers Aldridge took? There's a reason he was scared of the paint.
laugh.gif
Plus Chandler does for the Mavs what Bynum does for us. Rebound, tough interior defense and blocks shots. Both guys are prone to picking up quick fouls and being subjected to foul trouble. Hopefully, we can use Chandler's aggression to our advantage.

Power Forward- Nowitzki/Gasol: On paper, this looks like a good matchup for Dallas. But if the Gasol of the Hornets series sticks around, this is a complete mismatch in favor of the Mavs. Dirk has absolutely been on fire lately. His fadeaway has people on this forum comparing his jumper to Jordan
laugh.gif
. Plus, he's one of the best closers in the game. I'm pretty sure these games will be close late and we might have to double Dirk when it matters most. But if the Gasol we all know and love shows up, we could put him in the post and force Dirk to get physical and play some post defense. I like our chances if we can make that happen.

Small Forward- Artest/Marion: Artest has been having a great playoffs so far and I look for his great play to continue: offense and defense. He should give Marion fits on defense. The Mavs like to use Marion on the left low block and let him post up for a nice hook shot or so. Simply put: that's not going to fly against Ron. He's too strong to let Marion back him down. On the flip side, I could see Ron getting the ball in the post and taking advantage of his strength. Artest should be a beast on the offensive glass too considering I don't think Shawn will be able to keep him away from a rebound. Advantage LA.

Shooting Guard- Stevenson/Bryant: No analysis needed. The ONLY thing that concerns me is that Kobe gets lackadaisical on defense and can leave a 3 point shooter open...enough for Deshawn to make a couple shots from long range. But either way, advantage LA.

Point Guard- Fisher/Kidd: Great news for Fisher...Jason Kidd is slower than he is and certainly slower than CP3. Maybe LA's greatest advantage here is that we don't need a different defender (Kobe, Ron, Barnes...) to keep up with Kidd. I like this matchup and I think this is a wash, maybe a slight advantage to the Mavs, but it's damn close.
nice breakdown.

its going to be a dogfight

youre overrating how tough of a matchup chandler is to bynum. bynum has always had his way with chandler in the past ever since chandlers new orleans days.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

youre overrating how tough of a matchup chandler is to bynum. bynum has always had his way with chandler in the past ever since chandlers new orleans days.

I could be wrong b/c I haven't watch Chandler much this season, but I thought we was known as an off-ball defender.  If he has to guard Drew, I think he will be less effective.

I also think Kobe will put up #s similar to the suns' series last season.  Their best option is to throw Stevenson at him
laugh.gif

i live in arlington tx. lakers CANNOT lose this . I will move lol.

I hope pau doesnt play like paula this series. and please dont split the first two lol

I just realized it was Joel's last game, and there wasn't even an acknowledgement from Stu. Wish I saved it. SMH

I think Pau has more range than Marc, but does Marc have a more reliable close-range jumper?

Never saw that dunk and the flex from the Clippers game  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The one he did against CP and the Hornets is probably my favorite though.  Hope he continues playing this way throughout the playoffs.

Posted this in the Series thread but I know it'll be more appreciated in here

laugh.gif
 Who remembers this from a few weeks back?... It's the truth too, is it some sort of pre-requisite to be soft to play for Dallas?

Definitely interested to see if anything from this game a month ago will be brought back to life in this series. Should be a good one, not really though. Lakers in 5

Anyone know if they give out shirts at staples at the beginning of each round or just the beginning of the playoffs?

^
--Eh. Like Artest, i just like the attitude Barnes brings. At least he good at trash talking.
--Thats something. Kobe good at closing. Ray good at 3's. TD good at bank shots. Queen James good at taking his talents to south beach. Everyone good at something.

Originally Posted by enrique23

Anyone know if they give out shirts at staples at the beginning of each round or just the beginning of the playoffs?

errr do they? I can't imagine those hoity toity people covering their expensive outfits with a tee shirt..

Back
Top Bottom