[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

roll.gif
at the last 2 picks. not mad with the first 2, though.

The kid isn't lacking confidence. Dare I say Eddie House like?
Lakers Select Andrew Goudelock at No. 46

With the 46th pick in the second round of the 2011 NBA Draft, the Lakers selected 6-3 guard Andrew Goudelock from the College of Charleston.

Goudelock finished his collegiate career as one of the most productive scorers in Division 1 history, ranking 39th all-time with his 2,571 points. The four-year player was named the Southern Conference Player of the Year as a senior after averaging 23.7 points, 4.2 assists and shooting 82.1 percent from the line.

“His confidence, being a four-year player, he’ll probably have more confidence than a player who is 19 or 20 (years old),

With the 46th pick in the second round of the 2011 NBA Draft, the Lakers selected 6-3 guard Andrew Goudelock from the College of Charleston.

Goudelock finished his collegiate career as one of the most productive scorers in Division 1 history, ranking 39th all-time with his 2,571 points. The four-year player was named the Southern Conference Player of the Year as a senior after averaging 23.7 points, 4.2 assists and shooting 82.1 percent from the line.

“His confidence, being a four-year player, he’ll probably have more confidence than a player who is 19 or 20 (years old),

PMatic:

Goudelock, who improved his scoring average by roughly three points a year from 13.2 as a freshman to 23.7 as a senior, said he started to realize he could play in the NBA heading into his final season. He was elated to be selected by L.A.

“Tonight I’m going to enjoy it, and it’s back to work for me.

PMatic:

Goudelock, who improved his scoring average by roughly three points a year from 13.2 as a freshman to 23.7 as a senior, said he started to realize he could play in the NBA heading into his final season. He was elated to be selected by L.A.

“Tonight I’m going to enjoy it, and it’s back to work for me.

Both of our 1st two pickups definitely have an opportunity to stay with the team if they work hard, because they both have strengths in our team's weaknesses.

Morris is a tall, distributing PG. Perfect. If he works hard and then works harder, he could stick around a few years. With Fish and Blake as our 1-2 punch at the 1-spot, we'll obviously be looking at other PGs. If this dude wants an eye on him, he's already in the building; just put in the work.

Goudelock is a SHOOTER, and we needed that SOOOOO MUCH against the Mavs. I mean, imagine if we had a matured, 2-3 year veteran sniper like Goudelock on our team in that series, willing to pull up from damn near halfcourt. Jet hits a three, we bomb one from deep. Would have been better than... well... the Mavs just running a shooting practice on us.
frown.gif
So yeah, he's definitely saying all the right things to show that he knows what it takes, and the shooting he brings to the table is definitely something we need.

Both of them can fill holes for us; let's see how they work. And unlike P-Jax, Mike Brown doesn't shy away from using rookies, so they'll definitely have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom