[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Real fan checking in.
We will be back.

Get rid of Pau, Shannon, Steve, Joe, Theo and Luke

get a back-up 2, a starting 1, and Dwight

Real fan checking in.
We will be back.

Get rid of Pau, Shannon, Steve, Joe, Theo and Luke

get a back-up 2, a starting 1, and Dwight

Salary-wise, do you guys have any flexibility to make any major moves without trading some of the core?

Addressing the perimeter is probably Mitch's first priority, IMO.

Salary-wise, do you guys have any flexibility to make any major moves without trading some of the core?

Originally Posted by CAto312

Yeah someone in here needs to put up the info of what we can REALISTICALLY do to get Dwight or make other moves.

Yeah someone in here needs to put up the info of what we can REALISTICALLY do to get Dwight or make other moves.

Too slow, too big (surprise, surprise), too old and couldn't shoot/defend from the perimeter.

Given this, there's probably a way to make adjustments to this team for this new generation of NBA (speed/slash/outside shooting).

The reality is if we really want to dramatically change the team, we have to trade someone of serious value. I wouldn't be against trading Kobe if it were possible, but the most likely/best trade asset we have is Pau. Package him with someone else (Lamar? Hopefully not Bynum) and see what can happen. It is imperative that we find a way to maneuver closer to the salary cap and the only way to do that would be to evacuate the players who were supposed to be here for the long haul.

If we don't overhaul our big/big/big/Kobe mentality I don't see us competing until the majority of our starters are gone.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

kobe needs this time rest!! Lakers will have have alot of thinking this offseason.

Lakers fans we have to keep our heads up!!! Love the Lakers for life!! they will come back next season!!
BINGO! 
pimp.gif

But how do we want as a coach? 

Too slow, too big (surprise, surprise), too old and couldn't shoot/defend from the perimeter.

Given this, there's probably a way to make adjustments to this team for this new generation of NBA (speed/slash/outside shooting).

The reality is if we really want to dramatically change the team, we have to trade someone of serious value. I wouldn't be against trading Kobe if it were possible, but the most likely/best trade asset we have is Pau. Package him with someone else (Lamar? Hopefully not Bynum) and see what can happen. It is imperative that we find a way to maneuver closer to the salary cap and the only way to do that would be to evacuate the players who were supposed to be here for the long haul.

If we don't overhaul our big/big/big/Kobe mentality I don't see us competing until the majority of our starters are gone.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

kobe needs this time rest!! Lakers will have have alot of thinking this offseason.

Lakers fans we have to keep our heads up!!! Love the Lakers for life!! they will come back next season!!
BINGO! 
pimp.gif

But how do we want as a coach? 

Everyone is saying get rid of LO and Bynum...I would rather see Gasol and a package for Howard. I appreciate what dude has done. But he is weak sauce.

Everyone is saying get rid of LO and Bynum...I would rather see Gasol and a package for Howard. I appreciate what dude has done. But he is weak sauce.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Real Laker fans show your faces. I never lose faith but its time to concede defeat. Im off to work, Keep ya heads up homies, this was a tough way to go out but life doesnt end here.
There will be a new season in October January.

Fixed
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif

But honestly I believe the Lakers dont need to revamp their roster; the problems they have are CLEARLY chemistry and mental toughness. All of those guys are talented as hell. Remember Pau Gasol was the reason you guys won back to back titles. And without Ron Artest cleaning up Kobe's AIRBALL in game six, there wouldnt have been a game seven. Lamar Odom was the 6th MAN OF THE YEAR this past season, and held the Lakers bench DOWN for the last couple seasons when we all know damn well he is a quality starter. Shannon Brown provided a huge spark off the bench with defense, 3pt shots, and fast break points during the championship runs. The only person that needs to go is Derek Fisher. I like fish but its time for my son to retire. This team doesnt need Dwight Howard just to be a contender again, they need him for when Kobe retires. But lets be real, you guys just need to get it together. I'd kill to have the pieces you have.

Spoiler [+]
Hopefully the Kings get decent before Kobe retires so we can continue the rivalry
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Real Laker fans show your faces. I never lose faith but its time to concede defeat. Im off to work, Keep ya heads up homies, this was a tough way to go out but life doesnt end here.
There will be a new season in October January.

Fixed
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif

But honestly I believe the Lakers dont need to revamp their roster; the problems they have are CLEARLY chemistry and mental toughness. All of those guys are talented as hell. Remember Pau Gasol was the reason you guys won back to back titles. And without Ron Artest cleaning up Kobe's AIRBALL in game six, there wouldnt have been a game seven. Lamar Odom was the 6th MAN OF THE YEAR this past season, and held the Lakers bench DOWN for the last couple seasons when we all know damn well he is a quality starter. Shannon Brown provided a huge spark off the bench with defense, 3pt shots, and fast break points during the championship runs. The only person that needs to go is Derek Fisher. I like fish but its time for my son to retire. This team doesnt need Dwight Howard just to be a contender again, they need him for when Kobe retires. But lets be real, you guys just need to get it together. I'd kill to have the pieces you have.

Spoiler [+]
Hopefully the Kings get decent before Kobe retires so we can continue the rivalry
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Bynum & LO salary next season = approx. $24 million w/team option on Bynum and LO's contracts for the following season
Dwight & Jameer salary next season= approx. $25 million so the numbers work.
ORL may try and throw Gil instead of Jameer to get rid of that terrible contract of his so we may have to get another team involved.

As for the PG situation. Maybe Felton from Denver as CP said on Twitter and I would like JR Swish but he may be too expensive.

Ball is in Dwight's court really though, he can dictate where he wants to go ala Melo. So I'm gonna get a team together from here in G'Ville to get started recruiting him
laugh.gif

I would like to know if the CBA expires though, will players even be able to be traded at all?

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Bynum & LO salary next season = approx. $24 million w/team option on Bynum and LO's contracts for the following season
Dwight & Jameer salary next season= approx. $25 million so the numbers work.
ORL may try and throw Gil instead of Jameer to get rid of that terrible contract of his so we may have to get another team involved.

As for the PG situation. Maybe Felton from Denver as CP said on Twitter and I would like JR Swish but he may be too expensive.

Ball is in Dwight's court really though, he can dictate where he wants to go ala Melo. So I'm gonna get a team together from here in G'Ville to get started recruiting him
laugh.gif

I would like to know if the CBA expires though, will players even be able to be traded at all?

I hope Pau gets traded. Everything about him pisses me off now, dude has no heart at all. He helped us win 2 titles but this whole playoffs were an embarrassment. Drew is growing up, its time to get him 15-20 shots every game

I hope Pau gets traded. Everything about him pisses me off now, dude has no heart at all. He helped us win 2 titles but this whole playoffs were an embarrassment. Drew is growing up, its time to get him 15-20 shots every game

Back
Top Bottom