Official: Lakers @ Spurs 1/14 6PM PST Game on ESPN HD

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Originally Posted by PO2345

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

PO2345 wrote:

Kobe's aggression shows me he is a competitor. There is nothing wrong with that. NOTHING at all.
I expect the next meeting in LA to be just as insane, hopefully we can pull one out again.

PO

Nothing wrong with aggression. But the flailing of the arms and the constant b'n is od. Not a good look for a leader.

You got me there.
On another note, let's not bring up the WCF. Ginobili was not 100%, Fisher had a horrible non-call on Barry, etc.
The past is the past. To say we CANNOT win in a 7 game series & counting out SA is foolishness. Let the time come and we will see. Two different teams now.
I recall Boston winning last year, so the only difference is we went fishing just a little bit earlier.
laugh.gif

I expect the next game in LA to be insane. Hopefully you guys get Sasha back, since he's such a "key" piece now....
eyes.gif

We need Oberto back as well.

PO
Sasha has not and will NEVER be a key player for any Laker teams. What he is a soft a*s euro streaky shooter who tries to play defense and whines like a little girl on every foul called against him. The key player who the Lakers are really missing right now is Jordan Farmar. Dude is a spark plug off the bench who pushes and runs a more uptempo offense when he's out there with the second unit. A couple things I dont like about Farmar is how he plays outta control sometimes, where he will take bad shots and not make the right passes. Farmar also isnt a good on the ball defender and gets torched by the elite PG's in the western conference. Farmar's jumper has really improved from when he came into the league 3 years ago. But I've noticed with Farmar is that he's gotten more big headed on and off the court. Dude is arrogant and there have been a couple stories on the Laker forums where people have said they've seen Farmar walking into clubs acting like he owns the place
laugh.gif

My man!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

LOL.

Why can't we just give credits to both teams?

We're not going to see games like this too often where both teams just make shots after shots.

I mean Lakers lost, but DEF not because of the refs.

Dont get mad that Roger flopped though.

Lakers got the legendary flopper, DFish. and Sasha on the rise, Gasol with backing up sasha.

And I've seen numerous times when Kobe tried to act like he got fouled on his jumpshot just like Roger.

Refs were pretty fair throughout the game.

Ya'll Laker fans need to stop whining. or just grow up a little unless you're under 18.

If ya'll thought Lakers were winning 70 or breakig bulls record, then just SMH.

Every Laker loss - automatic whining about refs. If LeBron did that exact move Ariza did, the same Laker/Kobe fans who are defending Ariza and saying that itwasn't a travel would be crying travel ALL DAY and you know it.

Kobe had a great game - better than the game against the Rockets.

Manu is such a monster, so damn underappreciated, especially by the haters calling him a flopper.

I can't read any more threads concerning the Lakers on here...you dudes are annoying. After every loss you dudes act like they're the Oklahoma CityThunder or something...get over it. Teams lose. We're not even midway through the year yet and you dudes #%+*# and complain after every loss.

I couldn't get to a computer last night but here is how I see it.

Nobody can complain either way. It was such a great game. I couldn't believe put himself in that position. He had no business trying to go for a stealanyway. These are the breaks. Mason made a great play. Very smart to get the contact and throw it to the basket. It just went in.

As far a Ariza's "travel" IMO its clear that no call should have been made either way. IMO the ball should have never been in his hands. We had10 seconds. Run the high screen and roll with Gasol and hope for the best. I like Ariza but I don't want the ball in his hands with the game on the lineunless its for a dunk.

But for people to complain IMO is stupid. It was a GREAT game. One of the better games I have seen all year. Like Mason Jr. said. The spurs just made a coupleof more plays then we did.

I like Powel. Kid is confident. I hope he continues to get burn. I like what I saw in Drew last night. He went right at Duncan when Timmy went at him. LO madeplays and Kobe was Kobe. I thought he went to early for the last shot but you just hope your D can come through. If Fisher doesn't get himself out ofposition things could have been different.

Great game. No complaints either way.

I'm not going to contribute to the rioting in here, I'm just going to go talk some ball with my brothers in the Lakers thread.

Excellent, excellent game, was like watching 80's basketball again. I watched the whole game with just an absolute grin plastered on my face. Joy towatch.

Spurs/fans, good game, see ya in a week.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by siramazing

I guess my post goes over your head.
You chose to stick to demeaning, okay.

.... need I continue??
Only if you're going to make your recent posts relevant to tonight's game.

Every fan has complained about a call, but Lakers fans shouldn't be allowed to complain because they've had team success and been the beneficiary of calls? How does that make sense? Every team and player has been the beneficiary of an incorrect call, even Andrew Bynum.

My magic got screwed By the refs last year in the playoffs in game 2 vs the pistons on a three that was a second after the buzzer, was I on here crying and putting smilies all over the place and screaming for my team to protest it? NOPE.
Is this the point of your recents posts that you're a better fan than those bitter, biased, childish, and uneducated fans of the Lakers?

2m2yq7s.gif

Happy now?

2dcde9u.jpg

Better?

I can count about 6 or 7 true unbiased laker fans on this board and I can respect that. What I cannot respect is the "bunch" of laker fans that come on here cryin sayin " im done with the nba" "we got cheated" blah blah blah...
I'm sure there are Lakers fans reading that line concerned about whether or not they're in the respected group or the group that doesn't get respect.
Take the loss. Accept it. Move on..
How about, accept fans acting like fans without demeaning them?

It's crazy to think that the Lakers are 31-7, but still don't appear to be running their offense that well. I watched a "classic" Kobe game from '03 and loved some of the passes I saw that game. It wasn't them at their best or anything like the Bulls, but it was better than we're seeing now. The Lakers still aren't passing the ball to players cutting to the basket or getting the ball into the post fast enough.

At least their defense picked up in the fourth quarter. That was nice to see.

Wow I see a lot of mods fell off on here. Ska holds it down, you just try to type responses like a teacher so you can make yourself feel smart... I wasntdirectly going at you at all at the beginning, just tiring that I wanna come put my input in this thread and read other peoples reviews and everybody justbashes the ref or bashes a player.. Becomes very tiring.

Best thing of this thread was everybody thinking it was in the bag typing KOBE KOBE aisdhfpasihfpi ihpihosaoipoi and all that then 2 pages later responses werebashing fisher and refs....
Worst thing of the thread is the same people typing the same thing before the game starts.. "LETS GO LAY KURZ" every post I see the poster postthat.. He probably got about 259 posts with just that same text..

I win

Originally Posted by tupac003

Nobody can complain either way. It was such a great game. I couldn't believe put himself in that position. He had no business trying to go for a steal anyway. These are the breaks. Mason made a great play. Very smart to get the contact and throw it to the basket. It just went in.

As far a Ariza's "travel" IMO its clear that no call should have been made either way. IMO the ball should have never been in his hands. We had 10 seconds. Run the high screen and roll with Gasol and hope for the best. I like Ariza but I don't want the ball in his hands with the game on the line unless its for a dunk.

But for people to complain IMO is stupid. It was a GREAT game. One of the better games I have seen all year. Like Mason Jr. said. The spurs just made a couple of more plays then we did.

I like Powel. Kid is confident. I hope he continues to get burn. I like what I saw in Drew last night. He went right at Duncan when Timmy went at him. LO made plays and Kobe was Kobe. I thought he went to early for the last shot but you just hope your D can come through. If Fisher doesn't get himself out of position things could have been different.

I couldnt remember your screen name off the top of my head but you are one of the fans I was speaking about in my post. I respect you as a truefan, you don't let your feelings influence your opinions. I can really respect that. I wish more laker fans would be like you...

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Every Laker loss - automatic whining about refs. If LeBron did that exact move Ariza did, the same Laker/Kobe fans who are defending Ariza and saying that it wasn't a travel would be crying travel ALL DAY and you know it.

Manu is such a monster, so damn underappreciated, especially by the haters calling him a flopper.
ummm ok except for the fact that it wasnt really wasnt a travel. but hey make up imaginary scenarios in your head about laker fans to pleaseyourself.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Every Laker loss - automatic whining about refs. If LeBron did that exact move Ariza did, the same Laker/Kobe fans who are defending Ariza and saying that it wasn't a travel would be crying travel ALL DAY and you know it.

but Ariza didn't travel..did u watch the replay? it was 2 steps

when lebron travels, he really travels
laugh.gif

Nobody can complain either way. It was such a great game. I couldn't believe put himself in that position. He had no business trying to go for a steal anyway. These are the breaks. Mason made a great play. Very smart to get the contact and throw it to the basket. It just went in.

As far a Ariza's "travel" IMO its clear that no call should have been made either way. IMO the ball should have never been in his hands. We had 10 seconds. Run the high screen and roll with Gasol and hope for the best. I like Ariza but I don't want the ball in his hands with the game on the line unless its for a dunk.

But for people to complain IMO is stupid. It was a GREAT game. One of the better games I have seen all year. Like Mason Jr. said. The spurs just made a couple of more plays then we did.

I like Powel. Kid is confident. I hope he continues to get burn. I like what I saw in Drew last night. He went right at Duncan when Timmy went at him. LO made plays and Kobe was Kobe. I thought he went to early for the last shot but you just hope your D can come through. If Fisher doesn't get himself out of position things could have been different.

I couldnt remember your screen name off the top of my head but you are one of the fans I was speaking about in my post. I respect you as a true fan, you don't let your feelings influence your opinions. I can really respect that. I wish more laker fans would be like you...
If all Lakers fans were like tupac003, I wouldn't hate them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I couldnt remember your screen name off the top of my head but you are one of the fans I was speaking about in my post. I respect you as a true fan, you don't let your feelings influence your opinions. I can really respect that. I wish more laker fans would be like you...
laugh.gif

Same.
laugh.gif

I like how when the Lakers lose, the threads jump to 30+ pages and over of people coming in here taking jabs at Laker fans for being upset or expressing theiropinions.... No beef, just find it funny cuz it never fails.
laugh.gif

When they win, max is like 12-15 pages.... And maybe one or two people take jabs at the Lakers.
tongue.gif

I'm just glad this is a new day, and the heartbreak from last night is going away.

On to Friday against the Magic (won't be easy either)
grin.gif

laugh.gif
QFT.

KB8 has come a long way as well
tongue.gif
(see: 2005 KB8 vs Supra posts)

laugh.gif
You gotta understand, that if we were to pick out the Laker fans from the Kobe fans who claim the Lakers, you would have a much clearer picture ofthings.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

ummm ok except for the fact that it wasnt really wasnt a travel. but hey make up imaginary scenarios in your head about laker fans to please yourself.

I'm the one making scenarios?? The Lakers fans are the ones making imaginary scenarios to please themselves into thinking that they were somehow therightful winners of this game. Even if it wasn't travelling - Ariza took the shot, he missed - the whistle came after he got the shot off so itcouldn't have possibly altered his shot. The ball flew right to Duncan after Ariza's miss who was right there to grab the rebound. Call or no call, itwould've been Spurs ball = Spurs win. Unless you want to argue that Manu, who stood perfectly still, committed an offensive foul. And knowing Lakers fans,they probably do. Please, just take the L and move on.

Back
Top Bottom