Official: Lakers @ Spurs 1/14 6PM PST Game on ESPN HD

Originally Posted by PO2345

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

PO2345 wrote:

Kobe's aggression shows me he is a competitor. There is nothing wrong with that. NOTHING at all.
I expect the next meeting in LA to be just as insane, hopefully we can pull one out again.

PO

Nothing wrong with aggression. But the flailing of the arms and the constant b'n is od. Not a good look for a leader.

You got me there.
On another note, let's not bring up the WCF. Ginobili was not 100%, Fisher had a horrible non-call on Barry, etc.
The past is the past. To say we CANNOT win in a 7 game series & counting out SA is foolishness. Let the time come and we will see. Two different teams now.
I recall Boston winning last year, so the only difference is we went fishing just a little bit earlier.
laugh.gif

I expect the next game in LA to be insane. Hopefully you guys get Sasha back, since he's such a "key" piece now....
eyes.gif

We need Oberto back as well.

PO
Sasha has not and will NEVER be a key player for any Laker teams. What he is a soft a*s euro streaky shooter who tries to play defense and whineslike a little girl on every foul called against him. The key player who the Lakers are really missing right now is Jordan Farmar. Dude is a spark plug off thebench who pushes and runs a more uptempo offense when he's out there with the second unit. A couple things I dont like about Farmar is how he plays outtacontrol sometimes, where he will take bad shots and not make the right passes. Farmar also isnt a good on the ball defender and gets torched by the elitePG's in the western conference. Farmar's jumper has really improved from when he came into the league 3 years ago. But I've noticed with Farmar isthat he's gotten more big headed on and off the court. Dude is arrogant and there have been a couple stories on the Laker forums where people have saidthey've seen Farmar walking into clubs acting like he owns the place
laugh.gif

we shouldve won today
smh.gif
if it werent for those two lucky shots that duncan and mason made
it was mostly our poor defense though
before mason made the last shot, i was thinking "whatever you do, make sure he doesnt get the ball" cuz i had remembered when he made the shotagainst the suns

in 2nd quarter mason got called for a foul on kobe when kobe made a nice shot over him and mason didnt touch him, then 2 possessions later manu got called for a foul on kobe and kobe made the shot. Manu didnt even breathe on him. Calls went both ways laker fans. Dont be bitter and biased

Bitter and biased?

Watch those plays again. Mason Jr rode Kobe with his forearm through the shot. Manu hit Kobe's forearm on the follow through (ball still in Kobe'shand).

Bitter and biased...
smh.gif

Maybe Ariza should've sold the foul, but he'd look worse if they were just going to call a travel.

Then saw Ariza travel right in front of me.

Reply shows otherwise.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

in 2nd quarter mason got called for a foul on kobe when kobe made a nice shot over him and mason didnt touch him, then 2 possessions later manu got called for a foul on kobe and kobe made the shot. Manu didnt even breathe on him. Calls went both ways laker fans. Dont be bitter and biased

Bitter and biased?

Watch those plays again. Mason Jr rode Kobe with his forearm through the shot. Manu hit Kobe's forearm on the follow through (ball still in Kobe's hand).

Bitter and biased...
smh.gif

Maybe Ariza should've sold the foul, but he'd look worse if they were just going to call a travel.

Then saw Ariza travel right in front of me.

Reply shows otherwise.
Meant to say "get called for the travel". I wasn't sure if he walked live.

you fans really crack me up... YOu think stern pulled out his blackberry and texted the ref and said hey i dont like kobe or the lakers can you make a boguscall so they lose??

Like really a lot of you fans act very childish when lakers lose... My magic beat yall and everyone complained refs did it, pistons beat you, refs did it,spurs beat you, refs did it, heat beat you and somebody moved the rim during kobes shot...

You are some of the worse uneducated fans I've ever come across

WoW.

Fished sucks, dont know why the hell he went for the steal.

Ariza didn't travel.

Was a great comeback in the clutch,showed Kobe is the man still.

g'nite.

Unfortunately, the ref's were
smh.gif

post your kobe hate all you want, there will just be people here, including myself, that will call you out on it.

Why? Does it improve the thread? The board? I've got him on ignore. He's not likely to violate the rules so there's no point in me seeing any ofhis replies.

In addition to the question of why Fisher would go for the steal rather than play the shot (ball too close to not go for it?), I want to ask why he reachedwith his right hand instead of his left? If Fish reaches with his left, he probably doesn't foul and is in better position to contest the shot.

Originally Posted by siramazing

you fans really crack me up... YOu think stern pulled out his blackberry and texted the ref and said hey i dont like kobe or the lakers can you make a bogus call so they lose??

Like really a lot of you fans act very childish when lakers lose... My magic beat yall and everyone complained refs did it, pistons beat you, refs did it, spurs beat you, refs did it, heat beat you and somebody moved the rim during kobes shot...

indifferent.gif

Unfairly grouping a whole fanbase for a common negative trait among a select few?

No, it's you who is uneducated.

Get out of here with that bs.

you fans really crack me up... YOu think stern pulled out his blackberry and texted the ref and said hey i dont like kobe or the lakers can you make a bogus call so they lose??

Like really a lot of you fans act very childish when lakers lose... My magic beat yall and everyone complained refs did it, pistons beat you, refs did it, spurs beat you, refs did it, heat beat you and somebody moved the rim during kobes shot...

laugh.gif
So, bitter and biased didn't work so you're trying childish and uneducated?

Why are you taking it to a personal level with fans of the Lakers?

Everyone complains about the refereeing. Everyone.

I don't believe anyone claimed that the outcome was predetermined. We're just complaining about a bad play and call.

Do you have any substantiated claims to make or are you just going to continue to demean us?

not uneducated at all. I just know how to watch a game and keep my opinions fair and unbiased. I've watched thousands of games and seen many horrible callsbut how come whenever lakers lose Niketalk blows up the lakers thread with "the refs cost us" "we got cheated" "they wont beat us inthe playoffs"

I can count about 6 or 7 true unbiased laker fans on this board and I can respect that. What I cannot respect is the "bunch" of laker fans that comeon here cryin sayin " im done with the nba" "we got cheated" blah blah blah...

Take the loss. Accept it. Move on.. But wait to move on because no way are they beating my magic on friday...

This is going nowhere.

We're 31-7, things could be worse, we could be the clippers
sick.gif

Officiating was horrible, Mason flopped the foul soo bad, just trying to initiate contact.

And trever did not walk, not even crab dribble.

laugh.gif
So, bitter and biased didn't work so you're trying childish and uneducated?

Why are you taking it to a personal level with fans of the Lakers?

Everyone complains about the refereeing. Everyone.

I don't believe anyone claimed that the outcome was predetermined. We're just complaining about a bad play and call.

Do you have any substantiated claims to make or are you just going to continue to demean us?

I guess my post goes over your head.. I'm a kobe fan, got no like nor dislike for the spurs or lakers. I call it how I see it.. I see so many complaintsabout the calls here... Lakers got so much help from officials this decade that It should be an automatic banning for a laker fan complaining... The kingseries for one, brent barry last year for 2.... need I continue??

My magic got screwed By the refs last year in the playoffs in game 2 vs the pistons on a three that was a second after the buzzer, was I on here crying andputting smilies all over the place and screaming for my team to protest it? NOPE. The lakers played a good game, made a mistake or 2 at the end and it costthem. Why cant the true laker fans that are unbiased come in with their review and speak on it without all the newfound bandwagon laker fans crying all overthe place?

Originally Posted by PO2345

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

PO2345 wrote:

Kobe's aggression shows me he is a competitor. There is nothing wrong with that. NOTHING at all.
I expect the next meeting in LA to be just as insane, hopefully we can pull one out again.

PO

Nothing wrong with aggression. But the flailing of the arms and the constant b'n is od. Not a good look for a leader.

You got me there.
On another note, let's not bring up the WCF. Ginobili was not 100%, Fisher had a horrible non-call on Barry, etc.
The past is the past. To say we CANNOT win in a 7 game series & counting out SA is foolishness. Let the time come and we will see. Two different teams now.
I recall Boston winning last year, so the only difference is we went fishing just a little bit earlier.
laugh.gif

PO
and the lakers didnt have bynum or ariza, but youre right lets not bring up the wcf...

Can we get some gifs?
laugh.gif

- Kobe/Ballboy (nh)
- Kobe hitting the 3 then the dance.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Fisher should just retire already, his time is up. This game definently told us that. The play with mason jr. was too critical for fish to gamble upon.

As for the spurs refs? they're stick shifted idiots that are sharp on calls for no reason. Ariza traveling? c'mon as shown in the reply, it's clearhis position between ginobli and hill was way too unorthodox to even figuare if he did. I was impressed with kobes leadership skills, but what really cost themthis game was their defense. They played a great offensive game to me, but they didn't figuare out spurs offense till' halftime, which was a bit late.

Terrible loss for our Lakers.....you can see how frustrated Kobe was....coz this was a won ball game for them until the last 10 seconds....Trevor Ariza wasfouled by Ginobili wihout a doubt...well, you win some, you loose some

I guess my post goes over your head.
You chose to stick to demeaning, okay.

.... need I continue??
Only if you're going to make your recent posts relevant to tonight's game.

Every fan has complained about a call, but Lakers fans shouldn't be allowed to complain because they've had team success and been thebeneficiary of calls? How does that make sense? Every team and player has been the beneficiary of an incorrect call, even Andrew Bynum.

My magic got screwed By the refs last year in the playoffs in game 2 vs the pistons on a three that was a second after the buzzer, was I on here crying and putting smilies all over the place and screaming for my team to protest it? NOPE.
Is this the point of your recents posts that you're a better fan than those bitter, biased, childish, and uneducated fans of the Lakers?

2m2yq7s.gif

Happy now?

2dcde9u.jpg

Better?

I can count about 6 or 7 true unbiased laker fans on this board and I can respect that. What I cannot respect is the "bunch" of laker fans that come on here cryin sayin " im done with the nba" "we got cheated" blah blah blah...
I'm sure there are Lakers fans reading that line concerned about whether or not they're in the respected group or the group thatdoesn't get respect.
Take the loss. Accept it. Move on..
How about, accept fans acting like fans without demeaning them?

It's crazy to think that the Lakers are 31-7, but still don't appear to be running their offense that well. I watched a "classic" Kobe gamefrom '03 and loved some of the passes I saw that game. It wasn't them at their best or anything like the Bulls, but it was better than we'reseeing now. The Lakers still aren't passing the ball to players cutting to the basket or getting the ball into the post fast enough.

At least their defense picked up in the fourth quarter. That was nice to see.

the way people try to hate on kobe is just sad. threw a tantrum? dude was breaking his back the whole game, led a furious 4th quarter rally, hit a big shot,then had the game lost by a bone headed play by a team mate...and he isnt allowed to at least swing a fist through the air?

also
laugh.gif
@ people getting on kobe for the dance. like kobe is the firstplayer to celebrate a big shot that didnt go on to win the game.

Fisher should just retire already, his time is up.

I like his steadiness. While he may make the occasional boneheaded play, miss layups, and take bad shots, he does it all within the offense. The same can'talways be said for Kobe even though he too has his faults.

Farmar's biggest deficiency is that he doesn't bring that same steady play to the PG position.

I'm not saying that I don't long for an upgrade at this position, but I can't really complain about what our roster looks like.

Btw, someone on a Lakers message board posted that he has a pulled groin.

I guess my post goes over your head.
You chose to stick to demeaning, okay.

.... need I continue??
Only if you're going to make your recent posts relevant to tonight's game.

Every fan has complained about a call, but Lakers fans shouldn't be allowed to complain because they've had team success and been the beneficiary of calls? How does that make sense? Every team and player has been the beneficiary of an incorrect call, even Andrew Bynum.

My magic got screwed By the refs last year in the playoffs in game 2 vs the pistons on a three that was a second after the buzzer, was I on here crying and putting smilies all over the place and screaming for my team to protest it? NOPE.
Is this the point of your recents posts that you're a better fan than those bitter, biased, childish, and uneducated fans of the Lakers?

2m2yq7s.gif

Happy now?

2dcde9u.jpg

Better?

I can count about 6 or 7 true unbiased laker fans on this board and I can respect that. What I cannot respect is the "bunch" of laker fans that come on here cryin sayin " im done with the nba" "we got cheated" blah blah blah...
I'm sure there are Lakers fans reading that line concerned about whether or not they're in the respected group or the group that doesn't get respect.
Take the loss. Accept it. Move on..
How about, accept fans acting like fans without demeaning them?

It's crazy to think that the Lakers are 31-7, but still don't appear to be running their offense that well. I watched a "classic" Kobe game from '03 and loved some of the passes I saw that game. It wasn't them at their best or anything like the Bulls, but it was better than we're seeing now. The Lakers still aren't passing the ball to players cutting to the basket or getting the ball into the post fast enough.

At least their defense picked up in the fourth quarter. That was nice to see.

Lakers @ Portland from '03?
laugh.gif

That's what was on Hardwoord Classics today over here.

No, Lakers @ Rockets yesterday.

Fish, Kobe, Fox, Horry, Samaki Walker vs Francis, Mobley, ..., Griffin, Yao

There was just a willingness to pass using the offense that I don't see from this team. I usually blame Kobe, but it's not like anyone other thanWalton really makes the passes I want to see.

I guess I ought to realize that those teams just understood the offense better than this team. Outside of Kobe, Fish, and Walton, these guys haven't beenplaying in the triangle that long and even if they had, a lot of those Lakers seemed to have a higher basketball IQ than some of the current Lakers.

now lakers fans know how it feels to be Roger Masoned.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Happened to me in person on christmas
frown.gif

solefob:
Ska, you're a moderator for this board to make sure its running properly and people are following the rules, not moderating opinions,
In the illustrious words of Pedro Martinez "who are you" to tell me not to bother to respond.
I'm a moderator for this board, to make sure things run properly and people are following the rules.

This is the Sports and Training forum, not the Opinions forum.

By saying 'Don't bother responding', I wasn't so much 'telling' you not to respond as much as I was pre-warning you to let things go,because this is the Sports and Training forum, and you're disrupting things by posting about the people on here instead of the games/players being watchedby the people on here.

A disruption? Posting an opinion about the people here instead of the topic?

*warned* for trolling

Don't.

Bother.

Responding.

To this.

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom