Official: Lakers @ Spurs 1/14 6PM PST Game on ESPN HD

Spurs played well offensively but defensively they weren't there. I think their D will show up next time.

yeah he goes in at least 4 times a game and it turns into an automatic fastbreak for the other team...the 1 on 5 jumpers are even worse though
not to mention all his missed easy passes like the fast break pass to gasol's feet
dude is just terrible, he needs to shoot at least 45% from 3 for the rest of the year to make this *+%@ up
Yeah, that's exactly what I've noticed too. I really think LA could use a taller PG that is more willing to just set up the offense. Ska,I know you are huge on Fisher. Any thoughts his layups/1 on 5 shots/etc.?

As for Vujachic he is not any better than Fisher he would have probably did the same thing Fisher did in the Roger Mason shot.

lakers need a lindsay hunter type at the point who can guard opposing 1's and still hit threes while not having to have the ball in his hands constantly tobe effective or try to do to much offensively.

Kobe's aggression shows me he is a competitor. There is nothing wrong with that. NOTHING at all.
I expect the next meeting in LA to be just as insane, hopefully we can pull one out again.

PO

Originally Posted by solefob

Well I will respond. Ska, you're a moderator for this board to make sure its running properly and people are following the rules, not moderating opinions,
In the illustrious words of Pedro Martinez "who are you" to tell me not to bother to respond. One other thing, cut back on the emoticons, they don't make your opinions looks any cooler by adding a
wink.gif
at the end.

When someone garners an extreme amount of joy when an individual he doesn't know personally or have any interaction with is upset, angry, sad etc. I find that sad or pathetic. Thats my own opinion and if I feel like posting that I will. It would be one thing if he posted once or maybe twice with kobe hate, but when it is constant then I'm gonna call him out on it.

Ska, you're a moderator for this board to make sure its running properly and people are following the rules, not moderating opinions,
But, hold up... how are you calling ska out telling him that he's not a moderator of opinions whenyou're basically trying to.... Oh forget it. I said I was done in here. Good night!

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

Originally Posted by BCF06

Spurs are going to win the next meeting. The Lakers were even lucky the Spurs let them comeback. All the Spurs needed was at least two more players from their bench and Roger Mason along with George Hill are those guys. These guys step up when its time. Every now and then you'll get one from Matt Boner to. Thats that Bowen didn't even play much even though hes downhilled a bit but I think he would have contested Kobes 3's.
nah
laugh.gif
lakers have people out and were playng the second of a back to back. good win for the spurs but lets not get carried away
Exactly.

Let not get carried away here.

Spurs will not beat the Lakers in a 7 game series if the two teams meet in the playoffs this season.

Look at what happened to the mighty Spurs last year in the WCF when they led by at least 15 points in each of those games and Kobe led the Lakers back in eachgame that series and showed why he was the MVP last year while sending Timmy & the rest of the Spurs fishing last summer .

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by solefob

Well I will respond. Ska, you're a moderator for this board to make sure its running properly and people are following the rules, not moderating opinions,
In the illustrious words of Pedro Martinez "who are you" to tell me not to bother to respond. One other thing, cut back on the emoticons, they don't make your opinions looks any cooler by adding a
wink.gif
at the end.

When someone garners an extreme amount of joy when an individual he doesn't know personally or have any interaction with is upset, angry, sad etc. I find that sad or pathetic. Thats my own opinion and if I feel like posting that I will. It would be one thing if he posted once or maybe twice with kobe hate, but when it is constant then I'm gonna call him out on it.

Ska, you're a moderator for this board to make sure its running properly and people are following the rules, not moderating opinions,
But, hold up... how are you calling ska out telling him that he's not a moderator of opinions when you're basically trying to.... Oh forget it. I said I was done in here. Good night!

cuz i didn't say don't bother responding, post your kobe hate all you want, there will just be people here, including myself, that will call you out onit. Theres a difference between labeling your opinion and telling someone to not even bother posting their opinion.

looking at my post again, i don't think i shouldn't have called your life pathetic, since I don't know you, but rather your negativity towardskobe.

I'd be pissed at Ariza too. Dude did well agianst Parker but had no answer for Manu. Manu was making him look silly and toying with him.

Spurs played well offensively but defensively they weren't there. I think their D will show up next time.
but for whatever reason, spurs always have a hard time defensively closing out the lakers. same thing was happening in the WCF last year....spurscontrolled most of the games (during like 3 of the 4 losses) in the WCF only to let the lakers back in the game late and eventually lose it to them..... samekind of thing was happening again tonight, only they got away with it.

Originally Posted by PO2345

Kobe's aggression shows me he is a competitor. There is nothing wrong with that. NOTHING at all.
I expect the next meeting in LA to be just as insane, hopefully we can pull one out again.

PO

Nothing wrong with aggression. But the flailing of the arms and the constant b'n is od. Not a good look for a leader.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Tony Romo collapsed in the locker room because of the loss. I don't know where u got your info from
You didn't catch the interview after the game?
I'll try and find a link, I saw it on TV.
What you expect him to say, he's not that emotional type of player on the outside but when in the huddles and locker room how you know he's not emotional about the lost.

Yes Kobe shows that he was angry but it just shows how much of a prima donna he is.

Complaining about every call against him and when its in his favor he's okay by it.

sick.gif
roll.gif

anyway GG spurs. i was impressed with our pick and roll in the 4th quarter. but we had a some bad shots towards the end. both teams were shooting lights out the whole game
frown.gif

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

PO2345 wrote:

PO

Nothing wrong with aggression. But the flailing of the arms and the constant b'n is od. Not a good look for a leader.

You got me there.
On another note, let's not bring up the WCF. Ginobili was not 100%, Fisher had a horrible non-call on Barry, etc.
The past is the past. To say we CANNOT win in a 7 game series & counting out SA is foolishness. Let the time come and we will see. Two different teams now.
I recall Boston winning last year, so the only difference is we went fishing just a little bit earlier.
laugh.gif

I expect the next game in LA to be insane. Hopefully you guys get Sasha back, since he's such a "key" piece now....
eyes.gif

We need Oberto back as well.

PO

True KidsKillz but that was last year this is this year and like I said we got two key offensive players in Roger Mason and George Hill. Last year nobodystepped up besides the main three but this year I think we will do a whole lot better and we've been puttin in Matt Boner a lot too so he can get more of afeel for it. When this dude gets going he doesn't stop. I think the Spurs can beat the Lakers in a seven game series but it is a bit early to talkplayoffs.

very good game, glad to see kobe hittin shots at the end again.

ariza did not travel but you cant call that baby foul either in that situation, he missed, spurs got rebound game over.....

in 2nd quarter mason got called for a foul on kobe when kobe made a nice shot over him and mason didnt touch him, then 2 possessions later manu got called fora foul on kobe and kobe made the shot. Manu didnt even breathe on him. Calls went both ways laker fans. Dont be bitter and biased

True KidsKillz but that was last year this is this year and like I said we got two key offensive players in Roger Mason and George Hill. Last year nobody stepped up besides the main three but this year I think we will do a whole lot better and we've been puttin in Matt Boner a lot too so he can get more of a feel for it. When this dude gets going he doesn't stop. I think the Spurs can beat the Lakers in a seven game series but it is a bit early to talk playoffs.
Come on man. Your entitled to your own opinion, but your crazy if you think Roger Mason, Matt Bonner, George Hill, Kurt Thomas, and the rest ofthe Spurs bench & role players are better and deeper than the Lakers deep bench.

Where was Gasol in the second half?

An unimpressive almost-meltdown that was saved by the stupidity of Derek Fisher.

Give the ball to Manu at the end of the games to keep the offense on full boil.

Cant really complain about the calls (Fisher foul on Mason) or the lack of calls (Ariza getting tripped or getting pushed off on by Manu at the 3pt line)because thats home court advantage. I would fully expect the same treatment for the Lakers at Staples. It took a lucky hook by Duncan and a bad foul by Fisherto give the Spurs the win. Spurs were a full strength and the Laker were missing key backcourt players so who is to say that this one game indicates. It was ahell of game to watch though... like 80's style shootout during stretches.

Also Kobe shouldnt dance around until the game is over.

I didn't say it was deeper than the Lakers bench but it can do some damage at times and the Spurs are that team that does the damage at the right time eventhough their defense slips up in the 4th quarter. If they can take care of that 4th quarter there all good but with Kobe on that team it wont happen. I'll just say this its a 50/50 chance he wins it for them or loses it for them. But playoffs is whole different thing either team could win but I like theSpurs chances.

Great game. Lakers struggled at times with some experimental lineups.

Kobe led the team like an MVP in the 4th....too bad Spurs were able to make some tough/lucky shots (When the ball slipped out of duncan's hand into the netand Mason's shot at the end).

I laugh when people write off the spurs, they are still very much a threat in the west.

Lakers will get the next time though.
happy.gif

frown.gif
That was tough. I was actually on the baseline for the 4th quarter.Saw Kobe drill the 3 to give LA the lead. Then saw Ariza travel right in front of me.

mad.gif
Fisher!

Back
Top Bottom