Official LAKERS VS ROCKETS GAME 1 - MONDAY 5/4 TNT

What I mean is here on NT, for the most part, people will be cheering on the Rockets. Why do I say this? Because, as we know, the hate for the Lakers and Koberuns deep. Everybody on NT knows this. The Lakers are like what the Yankees are in baseball. I'll be honest, I like Kobe and think he's the best playerin the game. ...unless he's playing the Rockets.

And what I mean about Lakers fans rooting for anybody but Cleveland, I don't mean Lakers fans are scared, wanting to see somebody else. Say the Lakersdon't make the Finals (Lakers fans, yes, it's possible) I do not see any Lakers fans really cheering on the Cavs. If anything, they'd cheer anybodyelse out West, or, anybody else out East that's not the Celtics.

laugh.gif
@ the Jazz a better team than the Rockets.

Same dudes who think that, were the same ones who thought Portland was going to advance against Houston.

Again, it's an uphill climb for Houston. I'm not dillusional. Lakers are way talented and are the favorites.

What I do know is while everybody likes to look at the regular season series and think, hey, Lakers swept them in the regular season, they'll do it again,they're wrong. Either way, this series goes at 6 games. Either way. Bank on it.

I also love what Ron said about Roy being the best player he's played against, just because Roy is the only player to drop 40 on him in his career.

I hope Lakers fans are right, and Kobe takes it personal and does drop 50 on Ron. ...while taking 40+ shots.

Everybody knows that Kobe likes to set up his teammates, and run the offense. And then in the second half do his thing.

Let Kobe get out the gate firing while the rest of the team stands and watch.
pimp.gif

I hope everyone doubts the rockets. And believe me the Rockets' aren't the "trendy pick". Hell no one's going to pick them outside ofHouston fans and
everyone is going to pick the Lakers. Like I've said before I truly believe the Rocket's have what it takes to win this series.

They play D, they have a big man, a strong bench, and they're able to shoot the three. As long as the Rockets control the tempo and limit the shots the
Lakers are able to take we should have a chance.
Let's Go Rockets!!

Lakers in 5. On paper it seems like the Rockets should match up decently to compete with LA, but Kobe has owned Artest and I'm not sure the Rockets canscore enough. Portland would have been a tougher match up because of the rose garden issues but I just don't see this series being that tough. I'm gladwe don't have to deal with Portland.

I'm just wondering if Phil is going to front Yao like how the Blazers did. He usually let Bynum and Gasol play him straight up.

Houston shot 28% collectively from 3 in 4 games this regular season.

I don't see how this continues, as, a 7 game series in the playoffs is a totally different beast.

Now, a team can live and die by the 3, but, a good 3 point shooting team always has a shot in the playoffs. Same with a team that plays defense.

The Rockets do both these things well.

I doubt Phil will front Yao but they will come with the double team once Yao put's it on the floor. They're going to swarm
Yao almost everytime he gets the ball. It's up to Adleman to make sure he's creative with the way he get's Yao the ball.
Another key to this series is for Ron to not be crazy Ron, he has to not jack up shots
and he must play within the offense. Also we have to make Kobe work for his shots and try to make him a volume shooter.
If Kobe get 30 + but takes 20+ shots then I'll take that because it disrupts the Lakers offense and make's it less efficient.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I'm just wondering if Phil is going to front Yao like how the Blazers did. He usually let Bynum and Gasol play him straight up.
laugh.gif
You answered your own question then buddy.

To me, this series was over the second Deke got hurt.
tired.gif

Yao is NOT going to play games in this series without being in foul trouble. Forget that. Bynum looks like crap, but not Oden crap. Bynum will get himselfgoin a little better as he gets further and further away from the day of his injury.

Bynum/Gasol/Odom will have no problem bothering Yao. Battier and Artest will obviously do just fine defending Kobe. Scola is the guy we need to guard to slowup the Rockets, we do that, this could get ugly.

Brooks will have a feild day with Fish, but not with Shannon Brown. I expect Sasha to get in there and be a pain in the a** to Brooks as well.

And since Deke is out, Yao gonna have to play 44 minutes a game without fouling, which means easy buckets will be given to Bynum, Gasol, or Odom.

We do have let downs with big leads, not smart, but Utah has a ton of ability to score and quickly, Houston doesn't have that same ability. If we get alead, we should be able to slow up their runs enough to keep them.

And those pointing at Utah keeping the games "close" for the whole series, I hardly consider having a 20 point lead in ALL FOUR games, keeping a teamclose. Did we let them make runs, sure of course, did we win by double digits, um yeah. Funny how 20 point leads and double digit wins is considered closewhen playing the Lakers. I guess if we beat the Rockets by 9 in 4 straight games, it will be considered a "close" series.
smh.gif

Double Yao, stay on Scola, let Artest fling 28 footers all he wants, = we'll win in 5. If we let Yao have a game, we'll win in 6. Either way,speedbump series only. I respect the Rockets, they are obviously a much better team without Tracy, but they don't have any matchup advantages. We haveadvantages, plus homecourt, plus rest, plus depth. So when Laker fans say they're team will win the series, that does not = arrogance.

Let's get this, Rockets, come get some.
pimp.gif

Hayes can put a body on Gasol and Bynum. Deke hasn't been a factor the whole year, really.

Also, they limited Yao's minutes leading up to the playoffs, so he can play big minutes in the playoffs as we've seen.

Lowry can help put a body on some of the Lakers guards as well.

Yes, the Lakers ended up winning all the games comfortably against Utah, but that's more because garbage points were padded at the end of games. The pointis, most of the games, even though the Lakers jumped out to big leads, the game still wasn't totally in the bag until the final couple of minutes. A W is aW for sure regardless, but eventually if you let teams hang around, it'll come back to bite you. Not last series, maybe not this series, but, eventually.Hopefully this series.

The only way the Rockets win this series is to play to their strengths. Get Yao going, play d and hit the 3 ball.

yao is the x factor in this series, if he plays like he played in that game 1 in portland throughout the series, this is going to be a very tough series forthe lakers.

if the lakers contain yao this will be a quick series.

i hoped the lakers got portland instead to both shut up the talk about them not being able to win in portland and also because i think this is going to be atougher rocket team to beat then the team they swept in the regular season.

Doubling Yoa and staying on Scola seems to be a bit of an oxymoron, because the way most teams play him is to front him and have the power forward cheat tocover the lob thus resulting in open jumpers for Scola.

I also love what Ron said about Roy being the best player he's played against, just because Roy is the only player to drop 40 on him in his career.

I hope Lakers fans are right, and Kobe takes it personal and does drop 50 on Ron. ...while taking 40+ shots.

Everybody knows that Kobe likes to set up his teammates, and run the offense. And then in the second half do his thing.

Let Kobe get out the gate firing while the rest of the team stands and watch.
pimp.gif
Good luck with that, this ain't 2006
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Doubling Yoa and staying on Scola seems to be a bit of an oxymoron, because the way most teams play him is to front him and have the power forward cheat to cover the lob thus resulting in open jumpers for Scola.

I hear that, but remember, given who is on the court at the time, we coule have Kobe at 6-6 or Ariza at 6-8 helping out and keep Odom or Gasol on Scola, withBynum the primary defender. And Fish will obviously play back closer to Yao for those entry passes, pretty much daring Brooks to shoot 3's.

That is the toughest thing about the Lakers is their length. 2 7 footers, a 6-10 guy with long arms, and Ariza and Kobe. And if Walton gets healthy, he'sanother 6-8 guy, and we still have Powell and Mbenga to use fouls, or double when they're on the court.

Landy, Scola and Hayes are all good rebounders, they have a little Milsap in them, but they are technically, undersized. Lakers can even absorb foul troubleto anybody except Bryant. And I don't see him getting into a lot of foul trouble unless he picks up a couple offensives or a stupid foul here and there. Artest, Yao, or Battier get into foul trouble, they will have BIG problems.

How often do the Rockets go small ball?

Like Brooks, Wafer, Artest, Battier, Scola or something like that? Do they ever run a lineup like that in games?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Doubling Yoa and staying on Scola seems to be a bit of an oxymoron, because the way most teams play him is to front him and have the power forward cheat to cover the lob thus resulting in open jumpers for Scola.

I hear that, but remember, given who is on the court at the time, we coule have Kobe at 6-6 or Ariza at 6-8 helping out and keep Odom or Gasol on Scola, with Bynum the primary defender. And Fish will obviously play back closer to Yao for those entry passes, pretty much daring Brooks to shoot 3's.

That is the toughest thing about the Lakers is their length. 2 7 footers, a 6-10 guy with long arms, and Ariza and Kobe. And if Walton gets healthy, he's another 6-8 guy, and we still have Powell and Mbenga to use fouls, or double when they're on the court.

Landy, Scola and Hayes are all good rebounders, they have a little Milsap in them, but they are technically, undersized. Lakers can even absorb foul trouble to anybody except Bryant. And I don't see him getting into a lot of foul trouble unless he picks up a couple offensives or a stupid foul here and there. Artest, Yao, or Battier get into foul trouble, they will have BIG problems.

How often do the Rockets go small ball?

Like Brooks, Wafer, Artest, Battier, Scola or something like that? Do they ever run a lineup like that in games?

Top Five-Man Floor Units
[table][tr][td]
[size=-1]#[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Unit[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Min[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Off[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Def[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1][/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]W[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]L[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Win%[/size]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]1[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Brooks-Battier-Artest-Scola-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]555 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.10 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.01 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+109 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]18 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]10 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]64.2[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]2[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Alston-McGrady-Artest-Scola-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]222 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.09 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.97 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+50 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]12 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]5 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]70.5[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]3[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Alston-McGrady-Battier-Scola-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]161 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.99 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.03 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]-9 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]4 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]60.0[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]4[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Alston-Battier-Artest-Scola-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]134 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.11 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.94 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+44 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]5 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]3 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]62.5[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]5[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Alston-Wafer-Battier-Scola-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]104 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.17 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.05 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+27 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]85.7[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]6[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Brooks-McGrady-Battier-Scola-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]73 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.31 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.96 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+48 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]5 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]100[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]7[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Alston-McGrady-Battier-Artest-Scola[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]54 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.08 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.27 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]-19 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]3 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]0.0[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]8[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Brooks-Battier-Artest-Scola-Mutombo[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]47 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.08 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.93 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+13 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]2 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]66.6[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]9[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Lowry-Wafer-Artest-Landry-Scola[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]46 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.10 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.87 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+18 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]3 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]66.6[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]10[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Brooks-Barry-Artest-Landry-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]45 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.05 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.99 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+4 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]5 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]45.4[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]11[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Brooks-Barry-Artest-Landry-Hayes[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]44 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.05 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.99 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+3 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]5 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]45.4[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]12[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Brooks-Barry-Wafer-Landry-Hayes[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]44 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.04 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.00 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+2 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]50.0[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]13[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Alston-McGrady-Artest-Landry-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]43 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.13 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.84 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+25 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]5 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]45.4[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]14[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Alston-Wafer-McGrady-Scola-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]41 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.04 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.24 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]-15 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]3 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]0.0[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]15[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Lowry-Wafer-Artest-Landry-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]41 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.23 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.76 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+39 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]2 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]75.0[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]16[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Alston-McGrady-Artest-Landry-Scola[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]40 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.95 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.17 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]-14 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]3 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]8 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]27.2[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]17[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Brooks-McGrady-Artest-Scola-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]39 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.19 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.03 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+10 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]3 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]75.0[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]18[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Brooks-Battier-Artest-Landry-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]38 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.42 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.16 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]+25 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]8 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]2 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]80.0[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]19[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Brooks-McGrady-Artest-Landry-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]37 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.08 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]1.30 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]-15 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]5 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]45.4[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-2]20[/size]​
[/td] [td][size=-2] Lowry-Battier-Artest-Scola-Yao[/size][/td] [td][size=-1]37 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.88 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]0.90 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]-4 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]6 [/size][/td] [td][size=-1]7 [/size][/td] [td]
[size=-1]46.1[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][/table]

According to 82games almost never and when they do they are not that effective, all their best 5 man units involve Yao.

So then it stands to reason that they won't go small and will try to match us with size. That goes to our advantage as we have more length, and more depthof length. I like.
happy.gif

All you rockets fans sound like the Portland fans before they got beat by the Rockets, saying "Oh the Lakers don't want it withPortland", blah blah blah.

I will look back on this when you get swept and laugh, you all thinking the Rockets can even sniff a win!

Rockets fans think because they beat Portland a team of 5th graders that they can hold a candle to the Lakeshow, think again. You are about to feel the wrathof Kobe's Black Mamba slapping you in the face!

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

All you rockets fans sound like the Portland fans before they got beat by the Rockets, saying "Oh the Lakers don't want it with Portland", blah blah blah.

I will look back on this when you get swept and laugh, you all thinking the Rockets can even sniff a win!

Rockets fans think because they beat Portland a team of 5th graders that they can hold a candle to the Lakeshow, think again. You are about to feel the wrath of Kobe's Black Mamba slapping you in the face!
Who the hell said the Lakers don't want it with Houston? What Rockets' fan has come in here babbling about how were going to beat theLakers after beating Portland.
I know my head isn't huge after beating Portland, all rockets fans should realize the tough task at hand. If anything there's just a bunch of cockyLakers' fans talking endless crap with the exception of a few. And if you think that Rocket's fans are going to say the Lakers are going to win thisseries then you're sadly mistaken. Of course were not going to say the Lakers are going to win. That's our team. And we know the Lakers have theadvantage in this series, we're not morons. But don't act like we're in here just talking crap without any insight. If you look at some of ourposts they actually provide analysis as to how the Rockets can pull this off. So kill that noise.

laugh.gif
@ the Jazz a better team than the Rockets.

Same dudes who think that, were the same ones who thought Portland was going to advance against Houston.

Again, it's an uphill climb for Houston. I'm not dillusional. Lakers are way talented and are the favorites.

What I do know is while everybody likes to look at the regular season series and think, hey, Lakers swept them in the regular season, they'll do it again, they're wrong. Either way, this series goes at 6 games. Either way. Bank on it.
uhh i picked the Rockets over the Blazers but the Jazz is a better team then the Rockets. Better point guard, better power forward, nastier style,better rebounding team, better hustlers, and always gives the Lakers a hard time. but the rockets, i mean c'mon the Lakers Swept them in teh regular seasonand if you hadnt noticed, Kobe plays great against houston, as does Lamar and Bynum. its a game of match ups, and the jazz posed a tougher match up for theLakers then the Rockets do. Simlarly the Nuggets are a great team but match up wise, teh lakers will kill them too.

Back
Top Bottom