Official LAKERS VS ROCKETS GAME 1 - MONDAY 5/4 TNT

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

All you rockets fans sound like the Portland fans before they got beat by the Rockets, saying "Oh the Lakers don't want it with Portland", blah blah blah.

I will look back on this when you get swept and laugh, you all thinking the Rockets can even sniff a win!

Rockets fans think because they beat Portland a team of 5th graders that they can hold a candle to the Lakeshow, think again. You are about to feel the wrath of Kobe's Black Mamba slapping you in the face!
exactly!!!

how the hell are people saying "Lakers in 7" WHAT? do they REALLLLYY think the rockets can win 3 games against the lakers? what!?

Let's Go Lakers!

pimp.gif

lol at all these predictions from both sides....they don't mean a thing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by franchise3

I also love what Ron said about Roy being the best player he's played against, just because Roy is the only player to drop 40 on him in his career.

I hope Lakers fans are right, and Kobe takes it personal and does drop 50 on Ron. ...while taking 40+ shots.

Everybody knows that Kobe likes to set up his teammates, and run the offense. And then in the second half do his thing.

Let Kobe get out the gate firing while the rest of the team stands and watch.
pimp.gif
Good luck with that, this ain't 2006
laugh.gif
SO WHAT IF kobe does? DID YOU WATCH GAME 4 OF THE LAKERS VS UTAH SERIES? best game of the series by the lakers, and kobe scored like 16 of hteteams first 21 points

This can potentially be an interesting series.

Kobe vs. Artest/Battier

Yao vs. Gasol/Bynum

Hopefully Lamar keeps on balling like he did against the Jazz. His production will determine whether this is a short or long series.

However, I definitely don't see the Lakers sweeping this one. It's a whole different beast in sweeping a team in the regular season then doing it againin the playoffs. I can't fathom the Lakers going 8-0 versus the Rockets this season.

With that said, I see this series playing out the same way as round one. Lakers in 5.

Originally Posted by blackxme

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

All you rockets fans sound like the Portland fans before they got beat by the Rockets, saying "Oh the Lakers don't want it with Portland", blah blah blah.

I will look back on this when you get swept and laugh, you all thinking the Rockets can even sniff a win!

Rockets fans think because they beat Portland a team of 5th graders that they can hold a candle to the Lakeshow, think again. You are about to feel the wrath of Kobe's Black Mamba slapping you in the face!
Who the hell said the Lakers don't want it with Houston? What Rockets' fan has come in here babbling about how were going to beat the Lakers after beating Portland.
I know my head isn't huge after beating Portland, all rockets fans should realize the tough task at hand. If anything there's just a bunch of cocky Lakers' fans talking endless crap with the exception of a few. And if you think that Rocket's fans are going to say the Lakers are going to win this series then you're sadly mistaken. Of course were not going to say the Lakers are going to win. That's our team. And we know the Lakers have the advantage in this series, we're not morons. But don't act like we're in here just talking crap without any insight. If you look at some of our posts they actually provide analysis as to how the Rockets can pull this off. So kill that noise.
Just try it, Jerry Sloan did and he is enjoying his summer.

You can too!

jk, but do you really think the Rockets are going to beat the Lakers??? I mean when you go to bed at night and your bed is all nice and cozy and you nestle into your Houston Rockets comforter and pillowset, look up at the ceiling do you get that good feeling? Like, "You know what this is it, this is the series, I can feel it!"

"Forget the past trips in and directly out of the 1stround, we have turned a new leaf, it's Artest timenow!"
"Shane Battier FTW!!!"

and when you wake up do you feel real chipper in the morn time? Like, "Man my Rockets are gonna do it"

And when you read Artests quote about Roy being the best player in the league being better than Kobe and Lebron, didyou realize at that pivotal moment it was all over for the Rockets?

just wondering...

laugh.gif
@ a no defense playing Utah team without Okur is better than the Rockets.

Take your homer shades off. Only you believe this. You act like the Lakers winning the series in anything less than 5 games wasn't expected.

Utah sputtered into the playoffs. The way they were playing, they were destined for an early exit.

Boozer and Deron are great, but who else is anybody checking for? A Brevin Knight? A CJ Miles?

The Rockets will put up a better fight for sure. Will it be enough to win the series, I dunno, but they'll put up a better fight.

All in all, not to compare both teams, but what the Rockets are going to face against the Lakers is not totally a different look than what they just faced inthe Blazers.

Bigs coming at Yao, legit PF's in Gasol and LA that can knock it down from 17, an explosive 2 in Kobe and Roy, and pretty much overall depth all around.

It's not that different a matchup, and the Rockets did ok.

^
Please edit that before my head pops off. I know you didn't just say that there isn't much difference in the Lakers and the Blazers.

I know this.

You wouldn't do that.

Come on.
tired.gif

You're overlooking one thing though, EXPERIENCE.

Most of those Blazer players hadn't played a minute of playoff basketball going into that series.

laugh.gif
@ this dude tmoney.

On his high horse, but in the event if the Lakers don't win the 'ship, he's going to be the same dude who's gonna cry foul about the refs andhow Stern rigged it and all that other nonsense.

I mean, Bynum back this year, Ariza back this year, the emergence of Shannon Brown, there is no way the Lakers NOT win the championship, right?

Again, Lakers are the favorites. But to look at the regular season matchup, and what they did to the Jazz, means nothing.

Nuggets swept the Mavs in the regular season, won round one in 5 games too, does anybody see the Nuggets winning that series in a sweep?

As for the Kobe thing, I rather him look for his own shot early than setting up his teammates. Hopefully he takes what Ron said to heart and tries to overshoothimself to 40+

Looks wise.

I'm not saying they're the same team.

Lakers are better and have way more experience. A better coach too.

But Portland closely resembles the Lakers ON THE COURT.

Roy and Kobe?

Aldridge and Pau?

Bynum + Oden + Pryzbilla?

Outlaw + Ariza?

Sasha + Rudy?

I'm not comparing talent level.

But what the Rockets are going to face against the Lakers matchup wise isn't totally that far off.

Compared had they faced a Mavs team with a do it all point in Kidd, a PF in Dirk that can stretch it to 3. Or against a Nuggets team in a big body PG inBillups, a all offense 3 in Melo.

Etc.

Im say it again the rockets cant keep up and score with the lakers. The rockets so called great D didnt stop the lakers in the regular season and it wontstop them come playoff time

for all the big leads the jazz came back from they had the fire power to do it, the rockets HAVE NO fire power what so ever to come back from been down big

Yao VS bynum is the only starting 5 matchup the rockets have over LA and LA bench +*@** on the rockets

this #%$* is over in 5

All i know its H-Town allday... Gonna surprise these lakers.. And all yall were scared to play the blazers but wesmashed them maybe yall should be worried bout us this a different team from the regular season.

Maybe this is why Portland seems to give the Lakers fits?

That they've constructed their team in the same mold as the Lakers?

Not as talented. Not as experienced. But still.

Look at who made it into the playoffs out West and point to the teams that are deep. Everybody will say Portland and LA.

Then you look at the teams, and they have a lot similarities. Explosive 2's, PF that has range, a long athletic 3, 7 footers manning the 5 spot, a deepbench, etc.

It's not really that off base.

What fire power did the Jazz have to make things interesting with the Lakers when they let up on their leads?

An AK-47? A Paul Mislap? A Kyle Korver? Matt Harpring???

People need to stop and think that maybe it's not so much 'offensive firepower' the Jazz had but more along the lines of mental defensive lapsesthe Lakers had.

Von Wafer by himself is a bigger scoring option off the bench than anybody the Jazz had.

Portland has all sorts of legit firepower and the Rockets held their own.

Granted, the Lakers are REALLY GOOD, but, with defense over 7 games, they can be beaten.

See: Last year in the Finals.

(Yes, I know Bynum and Ariza are back this year)

Originally Posted by franchise3

Looks wise.

I'm not saying they're the same team.

Lakers are better and have way more experience. A better coach too.

But Portland closely resembles the Lakers ON THE COURT.
laugh.gif
no they arent. do you even watch games? portland isstrickly a jumpshooting team. they have no post presence. they arent good in transition. their half court offense consists of pick n rolls with roy. how didyou come to the conclusion that theyre similar on the court?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom