Official Lakers vs. Spurs 5/27 Game 4 9:00 ET on TNT

smh.gif
@ the diplomatic attitude of Laker fans today. Spurswere outplayed & lost the game, all these Laker haters just died a little more tonight...
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Yeah the Lakers are really fortunate because they played 5 on 8 out there tonight but I guess Joey Crawford saved the best no call for last huh..

Oh yeah and the Tony Parker layup that Lamar BLOCKED was a block, Duncan took 3 steps, and Bowen definitely fouled Kobe more than 3 times, wait how manyATTEMPTS has Kobe gone to the foul line? Oh that's right 6, FOR THE WHOLE SERIES!!!!!

Just in case anyone missed that KOBE HAS ATTEMPTED 6 FREE THROWS THE WHOLE SERIES!!!

I am tired of people playing the double standard, I said it before the Lakers need to stop complaining and play, refs rarely reverse a call. They complainedless tonight and focused on the game, they won. The Spurs complained all night even though they were the beneficiary of a ton of bad/no calls and lost.

Expect a battle in LA for game five to be won by the team that scores the most points.

laugh.gif
@ the comedy of this thread.

Funny thing tho, is that no one is talking about the obvious travel by Kobe which would have gave the ball back to San Antonio preventing all that "theball hit the rim" nonsense. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just wait for the ESPN highlights. its before he takes the shot whenginobili is guarding him. But props to the Lakers anyway because the Spurs had a million opportunities to take the lead but failed. But at the same time, thatdoesn't automatically rule out that Fisher-contact wasn't a foul.

Anyway, anyone know how much it'd cost to get a custom #24 Los Angeles Rapers Jersey?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Whatever, a WINS a WIN!

But, Lakers should have lost that game.

what are you talking about?

What I'm talking about is Pau's 2 missed FT's.

What I'm talking about is Kobe's attack to the basket, when he should have dribbled it back out, but he shot a forced shot with time to kill on the clock.

What I'm talking about everyone in the building knowing Brent Barry was going to hit that 3, and yet Brent gets a wide opened 3 to put them down by 2.

What I'm talking about is Derek Fisher's lucky NO call foul on Barry. Lord knows if that was Kobe Bryant and he got Manu to bump him like that, we would have cried foul.

But like I said, a wins a win.

you forgot the lakers playing 8 vs 5 except on the last play
eyes.gif

Funny thing tho, is that no one is talking about the obvious travel by Kobe which would have gave the ball back to San Antonio preventing all that "the ball hit the rim" nonsense. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just wait for the ESPN highlights. its before he takes the shot when ginobili is guarding him. But props to the Lakers anyway because the Spurs had a million opportunities to take the lead but failed. But at the same time, that doesn't automatically rule out that Fisher-contact wasn't a foul.
Kobe did n ot take the shot that is in question regarding the shot clock violation
that was fisher's fadeway

that kobe shot was irrelevant
nice try

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Sriracha Hot Sauce:
roll.gif
roll.gif
Random? LOL. Ive been here JUST as long as you Ska. Don't let the post count fool you, but my first usermame, that isnt banned has been around since early days.

-With that being said, Im not going to fight and argue with laker fans because it is worthless. But, when has Pop or any Spurs team EVER complain about a call after a game? They won't say that was a foul. They don't complain, you should know that by now. They are a no excuse team. PERIOD.
-Phil Jackson said that they missed the call.

-What I don't understand, is WHY do you have to SELL a call? Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc wouldn't have to sell that call. A foul is a foul. Its pretty much YES or NO. There's no in between calls for fouls. That was a Foul, straight up.

-Again, I dont know what to say about NBA conspiracies or whatever, but it seems that the end of many Laker games always have VERY questionable calls, that include fouls. Laker fans, that forsure you can't deny.
First off, my fault if it sounded like I was disrespecting you or anything by saying 'some random NTer'. I didn't mean it like 'some worthless, no-good, annoying noob'. I simply meant that I'm sure you and SHUGES don't have any idea in the world who each other are. I'm pretty sure you guys could sit right next to each other at a sporting event, not even know it, go home and post about the event on NikeTalk, and not even know that you were right next to each other. THAT'S what I meant when I was saying 'So you're going to agree with some random NTer over two Hall of Famers?'

My fault for making it sound the way it did, though.

Second, you actually bring up a good point that I will most definitely agree with: if WE were down 2 and KOBE was in Barry's exact spot and a Spur was in Fisher's exact spot, a foul is called on the Spur and Kobe is going to the line.

HOWEVER, I will say this: I have always said that have always hated that call, because I have always hated that call.

But I agree with when you say that players like LeBron, Kobe, or Wade wouldn't have to worry about selling the call.

And I didn't see where Phil Jackson said they missed the call. I saw where he said there was contact, but that the refs missed the Fisher shot that hit the rim and caused us to have to force up a forced shot with only a second on the shot clock coming out of the timeout, despite there being around 5 second left in the game. He was saying they missed that.

All good. No disrespect taken.
Plain & simple:

Was that a foul? YES.

Should it be called? YES.

*WHY I THINK IT SHOULD BE CALLED? Because Kobe, Lebron, Wade will get that call everyday of the week, and IF you call it for them, refs should call it forBarry. A foul is a foul. PERIOD

I just don't like the player favorism especially since it was clearly a foul. But, thats how sports work.

Also, I think the ball hit the rim on the Fisher shot, I only saw one more angle, I have to see it again. But, I don't think a follow-up bad call helpsjustify the first bad call.

Wow, just saw the replay of the last shot and Barry traveled before the foul. He shuffled his feet before dribbling the ball.

Originally Posted by krapjnad

can someone make a gif of kobe looking up at the clock and knowing he's going to score at the end of the first half?
there's gotta be someone that can help me...

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Wow, just saw the replay of the last shot and Barry traveled before the foul. He shuffled his feet before dribbling the ball.

damn i didnt catch that

I was starting to feel sympathetic towards the spurs a lil
sick.gif

then I watched this
smh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Whatever, a WINS a WIN!

What I'm talking about is Kobe's attack to the basket, when he should have dribbled it back out, but he shot a forced shot with time to kill on the clock.

What I'm talking about everyone in the building knowing Brent Barry was going to hit that 3, and yet Brent gets a wide opened 3 to put them down by 2.

What I'm talking about is Derek Fisher's lucky NO call foul on Barry. Lord knows if that was Kobe Bryant and he got Manu to bump him like that, we would have cried foul.

eyes.gif

Funny thing tho, is that no one is talking about the obvious travel by Kobe which would have gave the ball back to San Antonio preventing all that "the ball hit the rim" nonsense. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just wait for the ESPN highlights. its before he takes the shot when ginobili is guarding him. But props to the Lakers anyway because the Spurs had a million opportunities to take the lead but failed. But at the same time, that doesn't automatically rule out that Fisher-contact wasn't a foul.
Kobe did n ot take the shot that is in question regarding the shot clock violation

nice try

what im telling you is that the play im speaking of came BEFORE his fadeaway. meaning had the called the travel, that fadeaway would have neveroccured.

nice try.

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Whatever, a WINS a WIN!

eyes.gif

nice try

what im telling you is that the play im speaking of came BEFORE his fadeaway. meaning had the called the travel, that fadeaway would have never occured.

nice try.

I see your point

but the fadeway, occuring or not, did not help the lakers

the spurs got the ball back even though it hit the rim...travel or getting the ball back off a missed calll...they got the ball back ANYWAYS

and travels are not called on the spurs so why should they be on the lakers?

laugh.gif

Anyway, anyone know how much it'd cost to get a custom #24 Los Angeles Rapers Jersey?
Yea and Duncan obviously took two steps on that running dunk he got
indifferent.gif

Fall the @#!$ back hater. Everyone knows the officials missed ALOT of calls tonight. Stop trying to point out ones that sportscenter focuses on.

this was posted by a spurs fan at spurstalk

It is definitely a foul under normal circumstances. Non-shooting foul though because Barry was dribbling when Fisher came down on him. However, Kobe Bryant, who averages 10 FTs a game and is the 2007-2008 MVP, only has SIX free throw attempts in FOUR freaking games. SIX free throws in FOUR games. If the MVP can only get SIX free throw attemps in FOUR games, I don't see any reason the ref would give a BENCH player FTs in the last seconds of the game.
/thread

It is definitely a foul under normal circumstances. Non-shooting foul though because Barry was dribbling when Fisher came down on him. However, Kobe Bryant, who averages 10 FTs a game and is the 2007-2008 MVP, only has SIX free throw attempts in FOUR freaking games. SIX free throws in FOUR games. If the MVP can only get SIX free throw attemps in FOUR games, I don't see any reason the ref would give a BENCH player FTs in the last seconds of the game.
/thread

Co-sign on that quote

Great game played by the Lakers; officiating was inconsistent throughout the game, and the last play was just one of them.
Will post more tomorrow; getting stressed out from school
mad.gif
tired.gif

BTW, one more game to the Finals, and five more for the championship.
pimp.gif

/thread

Kobe Byrant had less than 5 drives to the basket, and some of them were fast breaks/breakaways. Majority of his shots were from the perimeter, so ifyou're taking jumpers and fadeaways, you dont get foul calls. That has nothing to do with the final call. Stop bringing up previous game situations andcalls, this discussion is about one call.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

/thread

Kobe Byrant had less than 5 drives to the basket, and some of them were fast breaks/breakaways. Majority of his shots were from the perimeter, so if you're taking jumpers and fadeaways, you dont get foul calls. That has nothing to do with the final call. Stop bringing up previous game situations and calls, this discussion is about one call.

And we know that Bruce Lee Bowen don't foul, period. He don't grab, shove, push, etc
roll.gif

OMG... I just finished watching the game (DVR'd it). How the hell was that a goaltend by Lamar? If anything, waive the goaltend and call ita foul, make him earn the 2pts at the stripe at least. And Kobe scores 28 on 14 made field goals, where are the god damn free throws????????

I don't know why I'm so pissed after a Laker WIN in the playoffs, but I am. They also left the door open for the Spurs at the end.

Brent Barry showed some low bball IQ tonight. As soon as Fisher left the ground, any sensical bball player, especially a shooter, should've created contact while putting up the shot. Force the ref to make the call. But he didn't do that. He stood there like a moron 30 feetaway from the hoop. You're Brent Barry, son.

**** the Sp*rs any damn way.

Though I don't dispute the non-call, I'd like to offer a reminder that of Kobe's 29 FG attempts, probably 25+ of them were JUMPSHOTS and that'show it's been a majority of the series. He sinks them like nobody else, so I'm definitely not knocking him for that, but I just have to bring this upbecause of the above comments about his lack of free throw attempts. You don't get to the line shooting jumpers all the time. The main reason he hasn'tbeen getting to the line this series is because he's not driving like he did against Utah. I mean, watch the games, don't just read the box scores:He's not being aggressive offensively. Plus the Spurs are playing him one-on-one and not as roughly as Utah played him. You can't just blindly look atthe numbers here. The reason Kobe isn't getting to the free throw line has nothing to do with the refs, but rather with Kobe himself and the Spursdefensive strategy.

And those saying he needs to stop shooting so much--are you serious? Are you watching these games? Do you know who he is? With the way these games have beengoing and the way his teammates have been performing, anybody cheering for the Lakers should want him to take 80% of the shots. Odom and Gasol have missed howmany point blank layups; 95% of Fisher's shots are random, ill-advised jumpers outside of the offense; Radmonovic, Vujacic, Walton, Turiaf, and Farmar areJOKES who get called for offensive fouls, charges, or travels every time they touch the ball. That is when they're not missing point blank layups like Odomand Gasol. They have no shooters. Kobe is their best shooter by a mile and besides him, Odom, and Gasol, that team is full of bums. Even Odom looks like a bummost of the time just going coast-to-coast, lowering his shoulder and missing every layup in sight. I only give him credit because of his consistent reboundingability.

To end my rant, the Spurs didn't deserve to win this game and any honest fan who watched the game knows it. The Spurs got EXPOSED on the boards. Nearly athird of the Lakers points were second chance points because the only one on the Spurs who can board is Tim Duncan these days. One word describes how theLakers won this game and the Spurs lost this game: Rebounding. The Lakers win this on Thursday. The Spurs need to retool that roster. Finley and Horry are soold and washed up its laughable. Their depth is gone.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

/thread

Kobe Byrant had less than 5 drives to the basket, and some of them were fast breaks/breakaways. Majority of his shots were from the perimeter, so if you're taking jumpers and fadeaways, you dont get foul calls. That has nothing to do with the final call. Stop bringing up previous game situations and calls, this discussion is about one call.

Word.

Against any other team, you look at Kobe sideways, amplified by Kobe's cry for murder everytime he does drive the lane ("Ayeeeee!") then yeah,he'll get the calls.

You can't talk about this series and Kobe's lack of trips to the line.

Last series, Kobe went to the line a RIDICULOUS amount of times. Lakers fans seem to forget. But it was warranted somewhat, as Kobe attacked the rim, and theJazz were the most fouling-ist team in the league.

Against the Spurs, arguably the best defender in the game is on Kobe, and Kobe has been settling for jumpers and fadeaways. Understandable, as the Spurs areone of the best defensive teams in the league.

For this particular game/no-call, again, I think Barry did himself a disservice by going for the pump fake. I know he wanted to get a shot off, and and wasprobably surprised Fisher closed out on him that fast, but had he gone straight up, it would be an automatic 3 shot foul. No way Fisher avoids him.

In game time, it looks like a pump fake trying to get a call type shot.

The refs hate to make calls in the final seconds period, let alone a far away pump fake 3 pointer.

lets look at this No-Call

but lets count the steps....first before he dribbles or there is contact....if you count 2

yup...definitely No-Call

his right was the pivot when he caught it....its lifted before the contact

traveling No-Call

laugh.gif

LA rapers man that is soo 2004 buddy
eyes.gif
...but what a gamethough...CRAAZZZZZZY!!..i think barry deserved the fouL if he went up straight and didnt avoid fisher same thing reggie or kobe does...but game 5 is gonnnna bea big game!!!!!!!!!!!!...i think the spurs are gonna come out firing and maybe come back to win it...i hope im wrong...GO LAKERS!!!

Back
Top Bottom