Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

if cleveland can twirk deals for 2 stars somehow, he will stay ... but if not, he is going to the nets or lakers and heres why ...

if the nets land wall and sign/trade for another star fa they go from doormat to 1st seed in the east ... wall lebron and lopez + star is NASTY ... jay-z influence and the brooklyn thing in 2 years ... you will have the youngest nucleus to work with and the east to play in ... it's really a no brainer with the owner being a billionaire ...

if the lakers give up artest and bynum for lebron it makes the cavs at least serviceable in the future and it pairs lebron with an aging kobe who will gladly ride james' coat tails to try and get 7 ships ... kobe will OK it in a heart beat and lebron will love the media attention as well as the wining potential with phil ... shannon brown, kobe, lebron, odom, gasol + triangle offense + the bench = guaranteed 3 ships at least ...

sorry new york and chicago ...
Kobe at the 2 and James at the 3 + Gasol and Odom inside the paint
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Instant back to back to back championships
pimp.gif
Do it Mitch
And that's why it won't happen. This aint the 90's. @@*$ is too balanced now
laugh.gif

I personally tink he gon stay in Cleveland. They gon do whatever it takes to keep him. Mike Brown, gone. Delonte, finito.  Despite him bein a freak of nature, Lebron is a good player at best, not great. He needs a better supporting cast.  I don't see any other team willin to give up their arms and legs to get dude to build around. Some guys u can build around ala Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe; and some u can't A.I., LBJ, Penny

3. If he cares about winning titles (multiple) and reaching his full potential as a player, he has only one move: the Chicago Bulls. That's always been the play. If you've been listening to my podcast or reading this column, you know that I've been touting this possibility since the winter, and here's why: Deep down, I think LeBron (and, just as important, the people around him) realizes that he needs one more kick-%!! player to make his life easier. That means Miami or Chicago. And really, I can't imagine him signing with Miami because Dwyane Wade is almost too good. LeBron wants help, but he doesn't want to be perceived as riding someone else's coattails, either. Wade might be the best player alive for all we know -- he certainly was in 2006, and he's been banged-up and trapped on bad teams ever since.

No, Chicago makes more sense. Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah proved they were warriors these past two springs. They could be LeBron's Pippen/Grant or McHale/DJ. Easily. Rose could take the creative load off LeBron on nights when he doesn't have it. Rose could come through a few times in the clutch. Rose could hide some of LeBron's faults. It's the single smartest basketball move for LeBron James. It's the Michael Corleone move.

Of course, it doesn't have the same upside as New York: Biggest market, great fans, most meaning. If LeBron saved professional basketball in New York and brought Knicks fans their first title since 1973? That's the best available accomplishment in team sports right now. Name me a better one. You can't. Biggest star, biggest city. But it wouldn't be a smart basketball move. He could bring only one good free agent with him, and from what we've seen, would LeBron + (Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson or Amar'e Stoudemire) combined with what the Knicks already have (not much) translate to anything more than what just happened in Cleveland? Please. That's the Sonny Corleone move.

The other realistic option: Just stay in Cleveland. Finish what you started. That's the second-best available accomplishment in team sports right now: Be like Tim Duncan. Be the guy who didn't flee for greener pastures. Be the guy who stayed when almost everyone else would have left. Be the hometown kid who saved Cleveland sports, brought home the first title since 1964 and single-handedly removed the fatalistic malaise that hangs over the city. Be the guy who proved loyalty matters more than anything else. That's the Connie Corleone move. Remember when she finally forgave Michael for killing Carlo and became the matriarch of the family? Exactly. Family trumped logic.

(And yes, if you're scoring at home, the Clippers would be the Fredo Corleone move.)

It's one of the greatest sports decisions I can remember: LeBron can choose winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York). We have one answer -- Doc 2.0 with some Magic and Bo sprinkled in -- and now, we're waiting on the other. Within the next six weeks, we will find out precisely what matters to LeBron James. Just know that, wherever he lands, he's going to need a little more help than we thought.

I think Simmons summed it up perfectly here.

I just hope he chooses immortality. If he brings the Knicks a championship I'll personally start the 50 foot tall statue to put in the middle of Times Square.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I have been getting text messages from people who know guys who work for espn... supposedly rumors going around that Delonte West was sleeping with Brons mom and he found out before game 5... I HIGHLY DOUBT this story is true, but the source is pretty credible

Heard this as well....hmm
http://philly2philly.com/...s_rumor_ultimate_distrac

wat

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Delonte West-Gloria James Rumor Is Ultimate Distraction for Lebron James pulling a "McNabb"[/h2]
By Dennis Bakay at 11:04 pm on Friday May 14, 2010

One day after Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers choked against the Boston Celtics there crazy rumors swirling about Lebron James' mom and Delonte West.

The word around the polluted grapevine of the internet is that Delonte West and Gloria James(Lebron James' mom) are involved a torrid love affair. And, this is whythe Cleveland Cavaliers choked against the Boston Celtics-not becausethey were outplayed and Lebron pulled a "McNabb."

http://urbancelebs.spread...lebron-james-mom-affair/
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Delonte West Lebron James Mom Affair?[/h1]
Delonte West Lebron James Mom Affair– Recent rumors have stated that one of the reasons why Lebron is setto leave Cleveland is because his mom and teammate Delonte West havebeen involved in a romantic relationship. While rumors like this haverun rampant in the past, there does not seem to be any correlatingevidence behind the claims, other than a few (likely false)testimonials from people that are described as “inside sources.

-Knicks (have the money for another max player to play next to Bron plus they have some good young players and some additional cap room when Curry's contract expires. Oh yeah, NYC is a ginormous city = more hype = more $$$).

Nope, they get no additional cap room when Curry's contract expires. However, he does provide the Knicks with good trade bait for a team that wants to get rid of a contract they no longer want.

The Bulls don't have that.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

LeBron is NOT signing with the Bulls. I guarantee it. Playing in Jordan's shadow? Playing with team mates that may only be slightly better than his current Cavs team mates? 
This is such an important point and I didn't even consider it.  There is no way Lebron is going to Chicago.

I say he resigns with Cleveland.  They will quickly forgive his hesitation to commit early shortly after they stop holding their breaths.
What the hell, if anything LBJ would be happy to be playing where MJ once played.

The bulls squad with LeBron would be wayyy better than cavs with Bron.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

3. If he cares about winning titles (multiple) and reaching his full potential as a player, he has only one move: the Chicago Bulls. That's always been the play. If you've been listening to my podcast or reading this column, you know that I've been touting this possibility since the winter, and here's why: Deep down, I think LeBron (and, just as important, the people around him) realizes that he needs one more kick-%!! player to make his life easier. That means Miami or Chicago. And really, I can't imagine him signing with Miami because Dwyane Wade is almost too good. LeBron wants help, but he doesn't want to be perceived as riding someone else's coattails, either. Wade might be the best player alive for all we know -- he certainly was in 2006, and he's been banged-up and trapped on bad teams ever since.

No, Chicago makes more sense. Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah proved they were warriors these past two springs. They could be LeBron's Pippen/Grant or McHale/DJ. Easily. Rose could take the creative load off LeBron on nights when he doesn't have it. Rose could come through a few times in the clutch. Rose could hide some of LeBron's faults. It's the single smartest basketball move for LeBron James. It's the Michael Corleone move.

Of course, it doesn't have the same upside as New York: Biggest market, great fans, most meaning. If LeBron saved professional basketball in New York and brought Knicks fans their first title since 1973? That's the best available accomplishment in team sports right now. Name me a better one. You can't. Biggest star, biggest city. But it wouldn't be a smart basketball move. He could bring only one good free agent with him, and from what we've seen, would LeBron + (Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson or Amar'e Stoudemire) combined with what the Knicks already have (not much) translate to anything more than what just happened in Cleveland? Please. That's the Sonny Corleone move.

The other realistic option: Just stay in Cleveland. Finish what you started. That's the second-best available accomplishment in team sports right now: Be like Tim Duncan. Be the guy who didn't flee for greener pastures. Be the guy who stayed when almost everyone else would have left. Be the hometown kid who saved Cleveland sports, brought home the first title since 1964 and single-handedly removed the fatalistic malaise that hangs over the city. Be the guy who proved loyalty matters more than anything else. That's the Connie Corleone move. Remember when she finally forgave Michael for killing Carlo and became the matriarch of the family? Exactly. Family trumped logic.

(And yes, if you're scoring at home, the Clippers would be the Fredo Corleone move.)

It's one of the greatest sports decisions I can remember: LeBron can choose winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York). We have one answer -- Doc 2.0 with some Magic and Bo sprinkled in -- and now, we're waiting on the other. Within the next six weeks, we will find out precisely what matters to LeBron James. Just know that, wherever he lands, he's going to need a little more help than we thought.

if he's smart he will take winning over all & come to the red & black

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

if he's smart he will take winning over all & come to the red & black
you guys are known as the 2ND city though

new york daily news said charles oakley spoke with lebron, its either Miami or Chicago. Lebron is Chicago is better, him in miami pffft that !@!$$ j o neal is lazy so as beasely. now if boozer, stoudimaire, dirk, make changes...like smh free agents just go on one team and dominate lol.

The Bulls have enough cap space to sign two max free agents...
No, they don't. And no, nobody wants Deng and his $50 million in a sign and trade.

And I've never seen a good complementary player be billed up like Noah right now. He's a nice piece to the puzzle but, man.

oakley is so dumb hes telling stuff to the public.. but either way i don't think lebron would tell anyone at this early.

Originally Posted by Simply Certified

new york daily news said charles oakley spoke with lebron, its either Miami or Chicago. Lebron is Chicago is better, him in miami pffft that !@!$$ j o neal is lazy so as beasely. now if boozer, stoudimaire, dirk, make changes...like smh free agents just go on one team and dominate lol.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
can we get a link where did you read this????

But if true..........................................
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Why don't you go look up why Chicago is known as the 2nd city before talking out of your +$@ again.

He could bring only one good free agent with him, and from what we'veseen, would LeBron + (Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson or Amar'eStoudemire) combined with what the Knicks already have (not much)translate to anything more than what just happened in Cleveland?Please. That's the Sonny Corleone move.

Rose
Noah
Deng
Gibson
Hinrich

would significantly be better than

Bosh
Gallinari
Chandler
Douglas
Walker

Sorry, don't buy that.

as far as what Charles Oakley says, he very well could be right, but at the same time he's a bitter man for not getting a job within the Knicks organization.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

The Bulls have enough cap space to sign two max free agents...
No, they don't. And no, nobody wants Deng and his $50 million in a sign and trade.

And I've never seen a good complementary player be billed up like Noah right now. He's a nice piece to the puzzle but, man.

WHAT!
come on now have you ever seen Noah actually play or are you a stat rider who never watches.....he prbly went off on your favorite player
tongue.gif
...i never seen the reason people have on Noah, i know he was injured during this season but still....

come on now have you ever seen Noah actually play or are you a statrider who never watches.....he prbly went off on your favorite player
tongue.gif
...i never seen the reason people have on Noah, i know he was injured during this season but still....
He's a good player, not a future all star.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

He could bring only one good free agent with him, and from what we've seen, would LeBron + (Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson or Amar'e Stoudemire) combined with what the Knicks already have (not much) translate to anything more than what just happened in Cleveland? Please. That's the Sonny Corleone move.

Rose
Noah
Deng
Gibson
Hinrich

would significantly be better than

Bosh
Gallinari
Chandler
Douglas
Walker

Sorry, don't buy that.

I dont dont buy is you actually think that true then its gonna be a cold cold day when he signs them papers for the black & red
tongue.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Why don't you go look up why Chicago is known as the 2nd city before talking out of your +$@ again.
feelings hurt ? yall dudes will  ALWAYS be behind NYC as a media market and popularity. No one outside of chicago cares about chicago. 1 man has made Chicago relevant in the past 25 years and he left in 98'.  What ever happened to the unstoppable hometown backcourt you guys wanted before Chris Broussard started his Lebron to the bulls campaign ? thirsty bulls fans letting espn manipulate them lulz

can you put any thought into your posts?

Why is that core that much better, if at all? Did you see Gallo, Douglas or Walker over the 2 past months of the year? Or when Chandler was healthy in the middle of the year? I'm just curious as to why a guy like Taj Gibson is seen as an attractive asset and those names are classified as being trash.

Al3xis wrote:
come on now have you ever seen Noah actually play or are you a stat rider who never watches.....he prbly went off on your favorite player
tongue.gif
He's a good player, not a future all star.

He's gonna b e all-star next year if he can stay healthy & play like he was this season & to go a step further even if he doesnt next yr. which im 90/10 he will i guarantee he will

noah, deng, gibson and them aren't game changers. If lebron always wanted to come to NYC like people have been saying for years, those players won't make him alter his plans as long as the knicks get one of those big free agents like Bosh or Amare

did you guys even watch your own playoff games? you have no shooters. that's why you lost. who the hell is lebron gonna kick out to? i dunno how gallanari gets no love when he was in the top 5 list of 3 pointers made while being a 4th option on a team full of people who didn't pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom