Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I still think D.Wade is getting a free-pass in this whole situation in regards to how Lebron is being viewed. Yeah, he did bring 2 other guys into "Wade County," but (again, hypothetically) let's say he retires with 5 or 6 rings...there's going to be SERIOUS discussion about him being a top 3-5 player in NBA history. Don't you think there are going to be detractors who will try to cheapen his accomplishments due to who HE was playing with. There will be folks saying Wade's first ring was because of Shaq....there will be people saying that Wade's other rings will be because of Bron/Bosh. If you're going to criticize Lebron for making the choice to play with Wade and Bosh, then you need to do the same for Wade for co-signing the idea in the first place. I don't believe for one minute that Bron figured out where he was going to play the morning of July 9. The conspiracy theorist in me would like to ask...do you honestly think Wade was being a good soldier and grinding it out in Miami because of "loyalty?" There may be more to it....These guys have been tight for a while, and these talks may have started to come to fruition in Beijing back in the summer of 08'. Lebron is taking a PR hit, image hit, etc....but he is not the only one in this situation who's trying to leave the game with MULTIPLE championships under his belt. If you're gonna go in on Bron for being greedy, then take a closer look at D.Wade as well.
well shaq was washed up when d wade won his ring,so that argument is null. and bron and bosh came to wade tho so you cant really say it was because bron and bosh that he won. those 2 guys came to wade and that will forever be the difference. d wade is in a win win situation no matter how u look at it. d wade already had bosh with him so in truth he really didnt need lebron there. so this is another hit for bron knowing that d wade already made his moves and was sitting pretty, while lebron third wheel came into the picture.

So much hate on Bron its disgusting
smh.gif

Say dude goes to NY... Everyone will just say he is selfish, only wants the spotlight and say him and Amare can't beat the Magic or even the Heat... then what?? The same people will say well he had the chance to go play with Bosh and Wade but he chose not to... and then people continue to bash him saying he can't win a ring

He goes back to Cle for what?? People will still call him selfish saying he only did it for the money... but then those same people will bash him because its obvious Cle won't be able to win a ring with all the bums on that squad even if Bron came back

But now Bron isn't selfish and is willing to share the spotlight even though yall call him this "ego !$#$$" and get some rings and live in South Beach playing the game he loves for millions of dollars with his 2 best friends and somehow there is still hate... people never seem to surprise me
smh.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

I still think D.Wade is getting a free-pass in this whole situation in regards to how Lebron is being viewed. Yeah, he did bring 2 other guys into "Wade County," but (again, hypothetically) let's say he retires with 5 or 6 rings...there's going to be SERIOUS discussion about him being a top 3-5 player in NBA history. Don't you think there are going to be detractors who will try to cheapen his accomplishments due to who HE was playing with. There will be folks saying Wade's first ring was because of Shaq....there will be people saying that Wade's other rings will be because of Bron/Bosh. If you're going to criticize Lebron for making the choice to play with Wade and Bosh, then you need to do the same for Wade for co-signing the idea in the first place. I don't believe for one minute that Bron figured out where he was going to play the morning of July 9. The conspiracy theorist in me would like to ask...do you honestly think Wade was being a good soldier and grinding it out in Miami because of "loyalty?" There may be more to it....These guys have been tight for a while, and these talks may have started to come to fruition in Beijing back in the summer of 08'. Lebron is taking a PR hit, image hit, etc....but he is not the only one in this situation who's trying to leave the game with MULTIPLE championships under his belt. If you're gonna go in on Bron for being greedy, then take a closer look at D.Wade as well.
well shaq was washed up when d wade won his ring,so that argument is null. and bron and bosh came to wade tho so you cant really say it was because bron and bosh that he won. those 2 guys came to wade and that will forever be the difference. d wade is in a win win situation no matter how u look at it. d wade already had bosh with him so in truth he really didnt need lebron there. so this is another hit for bron knowing that d wade already made his moves and was sitting pretty, while lebron third wheel came into the picture.
laugh.gif
Shaq was arguably the best 5 in the East in 05-06, but u think he was washed up?  What are you talking about? 

Look the whole goal is to win ChampionshipsIt was a lose/lose situation for lebron either way u put it
If he stayed in Cleveland, people would of just said he has no determinination to win, cause he will never win a championship
and also say he does not care about winning but just money, getting 120milliion from Cleveland

Goes to Miami, so now he is not loyal and now is ring chasing

Screw Cleveland, i'm not a Miami fan nor a Lebron fan but he made the right choice, Cleveland is destined for failure

Wade's not immune to criticism he's just very smart for the way he handled everything.

Its going to be harder for people to discredit Wade because he already has a chip. The argument that he played with Shaq doesn't hold much weight now and only gets weaker after he wins a couple more.

But don't get me wrong I officially "hate" (in a sports way) all 3 now.

Theres a lot of hypotheticals being thrown around right now but for Wade to be in any serious top 5 all time discussion, he has to win about 5 chips and do so while maintaining top 5 numbers with spectacular moments through out. He can do it but it'll be tough and thats still a long way off.

For now, the brunt of the decision will land on James shoulders.

But even that factor plays in Wades favor, right now he's behind Kobe and Bron as the best in the league and in the pack with Melo and Durant...so if he gets bumped up top 3-5 OFF ALL TIME out of this....i'm sure he'll take it and whatever minor criticism comes along with it.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

smh.gif

Say dude goes to NY... Everyone will just say he is selfish, only wants the spotlight and say him and Amare can't beat the Magic or even the Heat... then what?? The same people will say well he had the chance to go play with Bosh and Wade but he chose not to... and then people continue to bash him saying he can't win a ring

He goes back to Cle for what?? People will still call him selfish saying he only did it for the money... but then those same people will bash him because its obvious Cle won't be able to win a ring with all the bums on that squad even if Bron came back

But now Bron isn't selfish and is willing to share the spotlight even though yall call him this "ego !$#$$" and get some rings and live in South Beach playing the game he loves for millions of dollars with his 2 best friends and somehow there is still hate... people never seem to surprise me
smh.gif
hey then he shouldnt be labled the king. he brought that pressure on himself. and yeah he would have had hate no matter what route he went. but being a leader on his OWN team and winning a ring that way im sure he would have his legacy in tact. he lost alot of fans and im sure alot of the all time greats were shaking their heads when he made that decision. the true winner in all this is kobe
laugh.gif
dudes stocks went way up

laugh.gif
Shaq was arguably the best 5 in the East in 05-06, but u think he was washed up?  What are you talking about? 
well lets see that season in the playoffs he averaged 18 ppg and 10 rebounds. maybe not washed up but deff on the decline of his career wouldnt you agree? and wade had a great year that season. so yeah he won with a declining shaq

Originally Posted by philly5fan

smh.gif

smh.gif
hey then he shouldnt be labled the king. he brought that pressure on himself. and yeah he would have had hate no matter what route he went. but being a leader on his OWN team and winning a ring that way im sure he would have his legacy in tact. he lost alot of fans and im sure alot of the all time greats were shaking their heads when he made that decision. the true winner in all this is kobe
laugh.gif
dudes stocks went way up

Thing is you can't win a ring on your own... Whatever team he would have chose other than MIA still isn't better than LA and maybe not even best in the East... So why would he continue to play alone like he has for the last 7 years when there are TEAMS who they are not better than

laugh.gif
well lets see that season in the playoffs he averaged 18 ppg and 10 rebounds. maybe not washed up but deff on the decline of his career wouldnt you agree? and wade had a great year that season. so yeah he won with a declining shaq
Wade played out of his mind in the 05-06 playoffs, but Shaq was a HUGE reason as to why.  Take Shaq off that roster, and I'm not even sure if the outcome is the same.  Don't be fooled...even in his early/mid-30's, Shaq garnered A LOT of attention from opposing defenses. 

i'm glad people see this female dog move for what it is. this is what's wrong with our generation as a whole. nobody wants to work hard for *$%!. we want things handed to us. even little kids at the park understand that you don't put all the best players on the same team because it's meaningless at that point.

nike marketing has alot of work to do

Originally Posted by MrTracerBullet

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by MrTracerBullet

Shaq did da same thing to orlando though and no one was cryin da way ppl are cryin over lebron...

Shaq wasn't the reigning 2 time MVP at the time. He didn't leave Orlando to team up with a superstar teammate to win a chip. Hell, if anything he left one (Penny). Shaq left Orlando to be a star and cement his legacy as being the Most Dominant Center ever.

The players in GOAT category (MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Kareem) all had help, true. But they never left and piggybacked of someone else. Name another NBA great (top 5 considered, which is what most LeBron homers predict he would have been) that left what was HIS TEAM to go to and become the supporting player for someone else's team.

What do all GOAT qualified players have in common? 1. Multiple championships 2. Individual accolades 3. Alpha Dog status on their respective teams.
you're telling me lebron will be a supporting player on the heat? the 2-time MVP and the best player in the L is going to play 2nd fiddle to wade and bosh? %!!%.

when the season starts, lebron will be the heat's best player. and he will continues to rack up MVPs despite playing with wade and bosh. we all know lebron will do spectacular things individually. his points will dip, but his assists will skyrocket, along with his rebounds, fg%....

trust me, his legacy will be even higher when he proves he can outshine 2 other stars on his own team and get the MVP while doing big things team-wise.

remember, kobe was 2nd fiddle to shaq when he had to play with another true superstar. lebron ain't no 2nd fiddle to wade. wade admitted himself lebron is a better player last year when he said lebron could win the MVP every year if he wanted to, it was lebron's award to lose.

the reason people are saying it's wade's team for now b/c wade has a longer history with this team. lebron hasn't played a game for the heat yet. when he does, it will remain to be the lebron's show. wade and bosh will provide the support.

trust me, lebron knows this. and he'll prove this.

watch for him to get a near triple double, most likely win another MVP for the reg. season. i have no doubt about that.

for him, he needs to get that ring. and he'll be the best player on that heat team when that does/will happen.

"supporting player"
roll.gif
funny

I sure am. The Miami Heat is Dwayne Wade's team. He won the franchise's first championship.

True, LeBron maybe more talented, best player in the L, blah blah blah... but he's now public enemy #1 in the NBA. His public perception had gone down the toilet. The media and the fans will never accept him as #1 in Miami, let alone the league.

LeBron will be the ARod to Wade's Jeter.
ave you gone on sport's websites? lebron's image is bigger than the other 2 or in the center. no, lebron's the main guy in the media eyes.

basketball is not baseball. lebron will not only be the best player, but also the most dominant player on the heat.

and we all know wade will get injured sometime soon so lebron will handle more of te load anyways. people forget wade is 28. his prime might be just until 30-31.

Im not even disappointed in the whole "Chosen One" and "King" titles that he's been given. I aint goin to call him a coward though.

I am more disappointed that we will NEVER see LeBron James's game be taken to the NEXT level. It is now safe to say that. From this point forward he can no longer evolve into the player we all thought he could become. To me, that is REALLY sad since I am a fan of his.

Being great isnt just about winning championships. Its about overcoming obstacles and the pressure while getting to the top. He basically chose to skip all those challenges with this move, thus forfeiting his right to be known as an all time great.

Anybody else think Maverick Carter is the real life Eric Murphy from Entourage?  It's no wonder Lebron made the wrong decision, he's surrounded by a bunch of his idiot friends who would be working at Safeway if they didn't grow up with him. This Maverick dude just ruined Bron's image and Eric Murphy season 5'd his best friend.

My question: what happened to the NBA?! Dwight Howard was sticking up for LeBron on Twitter. I mean, really? That's what we're on now?

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Is Wade definitively better than Pippen ever was as a Bull?
No question about it.

laugh.gif

Pippen was as good as Jordan was defensively
Umm... okay? Not sure what you're getting at...
JD...did u say Wade is a better defender than Pippen, or am I reading wrong? 

wade is a better offensive player than pippen. everything else, pippen was better.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

No question about it.

laugh.gif

wade is a better offensive player than pippen. everything else, pippen was better.

Jesus Christ, my reading is horrible...I thought it said DEFENSIVELY...but it was DEFINITIVELY. 

My bad....carry on
laugh.gif

No question about it.

laugh.gif

No, I'm saying Wade is a better overall player than Pippen. Defensively yeah, Pippen is one of the greatest to ever do it, but Wade more than makes up for that on the offensive end IMO.

Edit: Ohhh, I see now, that's probably why Menacin was confused too.
laugh.gif

I read a few of these pages and the summary is: half of yall are trippin or have NEVER EVER played really competitive sports in your life. Lebron made the best choice. As long as I've ever played sports and competed in athletics the goal is to win the best way you can without cheating. A part of being a good player is being a smart player. Smart players know they can't win championships without a good team. If in 7 years arguably one of the best players in the league can't get a team around him to help him win a championship it's time to make moves. I applaud Lebron for doing what he should have done. The goal is to win championships. If I can play with a team where that's more likely then I will.

KG did it and we applauded him. Lebron does it and we throw him under the bus. Yall are being ridiculous. LOL. Stop comparing Lebron to Kobe and Jordan and let him be Lebron. If he stayed or left the trash talk would persist. If he stayed in Cleveland-he'll never be Kobe or MJ b/c he can't win a championship. He leaves and now he'll never be as good because he left to go play with good players and win a championship. Yall are funny. If Kobe and Jordan didn't have a great team and Phil Jackson as coach they wouldn't have their rings either.

Stop treating Lebron like a deity and let him be human. If you were in his situation you'd be stupid to stay. What's in Cleveland???? SMH. Nothing.

LeBatard sounding like Paul Heyman. Why he have to be so mean
sick.gif
laugh.gif
@ taking shots at NY, and the double rainbow reference.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

I am more disappointed that we will NEVER see LeBron James's game be taken to the NEXT level. It is now safe to say that. From this point forward he can no longer evolve into the player we all thought he could become. To me, that is REALLY sad since I am a fan of his.
- In a sense, I can agree with you here. For instance, it's doubtful we'll ever see that post-game that everyone predicted LBJ should develop to become truly unstoppable. At least not anytime soon. On the flip side, other facets of his game will continue to grow. Weak-side D... passing... rebounding... (not as if any of those things needed further development).
laugh.gif

- I just wanted to comment on how funny it is that people are killing Bron for the exact same thing people were saying AI should have done in his career. Bron has made the ultimate sacrifice in giving up his alpha-dog spot for the sake of WINNING A CHIP. All year long in the AI threads, people were saying how they don't feel bad for Iverson b/c he should have sacrificed his scoring and alpha-dog mentality to accommodate guys like Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Derrick Coleman, etc... And here we have LBJ doing exactly that, yet somehow LeBron is getting killed for it.
smh.gif
Y'all are some double-standard +#% mofos.

AI and LBJ's careers parallel each other in a sense. Both made it to the Finals early in their career. Both were the undisputed first option on their squad. Both were NEVER truly given a bonafide 2nd option. Both were MVPs of the L. Etc... The difference is AI remained in Philly. And NEVER won. Bron chose a different path. If he had remained in Cle, he would have been getting the SAME criticism that you guys give AI.
smh.gif

- You guys kill me with this "it's better to beat your competition instead of play with them" garbage. So you mean to tell me, if you and your homeboy... like one of your best friends in the world... had a chance to do something TOGETHER (smash 2 sisters, win the lotto, become a rap/rock star, or whatever), you would rather battle your friend where only one of you can enjoy the prize??? Man listen... from all accounts, these dudes are real good friends. Why not go through something with your best buds instead of fighting amongst each other for the grand prize? Jordan didn't have any true friends in the L! He was a douche and no one besides Barkley was cool with him like that.
laugh.gif

- Speaking of Barkley, why is it that he can make noise to get out of Philly (at age 29) b/c he was sick and tired of losing, yet LBJ can't make similar noise? You guys fail to realize that a lot of these players DON'T LIKE TO LOSE. Some stay with their team longer than others. But Bron obviously saw what loyalty does for a bunch of these players (Ewing, Bark, Reggie, Malone, Payton almost, AI, Finley almost, KG almost, etc). And I can't be mad at him for wanting to WIN instead of being remembered as a GREAT player who NEVER won. Barkley has said many times (C-Webb too) that they would trade their individual accolades for a chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom