Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
I still don't get why so many people are saying LeBron is now Wade's sidekick aka Pippen. LeBron is going to be the best player on that team so how can he be the sidekick?

Wade MIGHT score a bit more but LeBron will be the best player on that team. He'll be filling up all the other statistical categories.

You really think Iverson is comparable to LeBron as a player fam? Iverson is my second favorite player of all time after Penny...and I don't think he should even be in the same discussion as LeBron talent wise. Passing ability, rebounding, shot blocking, size....they are polar opposites on the court.

No one is criticizing him for leaving though, its the way he went about it.

Barkley didn't leave Philly to join the Bulls.

^ He's talking about the similarity between LBJ's and AI's careers, not comparing them as players and how they play.

He had options besides Miami where he would be the main guy. We are fans of the game and different opinions on how it should be played. If u defend this man then ur soft and truth is ur father figure did a terrible job raising you.

I think the point people keep missing is that, Lebron called himself the keep. He put chosen one on his back. He led us to believe he had the killer instinct. That's what everyones mad. We've been played for the past 9 years that this guy was going to be the next greatest of all time. In the end, he's just a really good player that wants to win championships. Nothing wrong with that, but the other players Shuge just mentioned that was similar to what doubles said a few pages back was that NONE OF THESE GUYS WALKED AROUND SAYING THEY WOULD BE THE GREATEST. Nor did they run around letting the media and marketing companies do it as well. He embraced being called the next in line etc. In the end it was all a sham. He will go down as a great player, but NEVER would of the top 5 greatest to ever play the game like they made us think he was. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by MaxElite

I am more disappointed that we will NEVER see LeBron James's game be taken to the NEXT level. It is now safe to say that. From this point forward he can no longer evolve into the player we all thought he could become. To me, that is REALLY sad since I am a fan of his.
- In a sense, I can agree with you here. For instance, it's doubtful we'll ever see that post-game that everyone predicted LBJ should develop to become truly unstoppable. At least not anytime soon. On the flip side, other facets of his game will continue to grow. Weak-side D... passing... rebounding... (not as if any of those things needed further development).
laugh.gif

- I just wanted to comment on how funny it is that people are killing Bron for the exact same thing people were saying AI should have done in his career. Bron has made the ultimate sacrifice in giving up his alpha-dog spot for the sake of WINNING A CHIP. All year long in the AI threads, people were saying how they don't feel bad for Iverson b/c he should have sacrificed his scoring and alpha-dog mentality to accommodate guys like Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Derrick Coleman, etc... And here we have LBJ doing exactly that, yet somehow LeBron is getting killed for it.
smh.gif
Y'all are some double-standard +#% mofos.

AI and LBJ's careers parallel each other in a sense. Both made it to the Finals early in their career. Both were the undisputed first option on their squad. Both were NEVER truly given a bonafide 2nd option. Both were MVPs of the L. Etc... The difference is AI remained in Philly. And NEVER won. Bron chose a different path. If he had remained in Cle, he would have been getting the SAME criticism that you guys give AI.
smh.gif

- You guys kill me with this "it's better to beat your competition instead of play with them" garbage. So you mean to tell me, if you and your homeboy... like one of your best friends in the world... had a chance to do something TOGETHER (smash 2 sisters, win the lotto, become a rap/rock star, or whatever), you would rather battle your friend where only one of you can enjoy the prize??? Man listen... from all accounts, these dudes are real good friends. Why not go through something with your best buds instead of fighting amongst each other for the grand prize? Jordan didn't have any true friends in the L! He was a douche and no one besides Barkley was cool with him like that.
laugh.gif

- Speaking of Barkley, why is it that he can make noise to get out of Philly (at age 29) b/c he was sick and tired of losing, yet LBJ can't make similar noise? You guys fail to realize that a lot of these players DON'T LIKE TO LOSE. Some stay with their team longer than others. But Bron obviously saw what loyalty does for a bunch of these players (Ewing, Bark, Reggie, Malone, Payton almost, AI, Finley almost, KG almost, etc). And I can't be mad at him for wanting to WIN instead of being remembered as a GREAT player who NEVER won. Barkley has said many times (C-Webb too) that they would trade their individual accolades for a chip.
You forget that most of those players ran into a guy named Michael Jordan. Also, don't act like being loyal is always a bad thing. Tim Duncan didn't go to Orlando to make a 3-headed monster with McGrady and Hill and who will go down in history as one of the best? Tim Duncan. Who has more rings? Tim Duncan. McGrady nor Hill have a single ring. Tim Duncan is a prime example of being loyal and allowing your team to make moves all the while being unselfish.

I don't blame LeBron for leaving; it was all in how he did it and how he let this all play out. As an older figure, maybe Wes would've tried to put a stop to this mess, but they pushed him out. Barkley and C-Webb would trade their accolades, but they wouldn't have done it in the same manner as James ...

Apparently, Nike is quickly trying to smooth over the public backlash and will be releasing a no nonsense commercial featuring LeBron with a Delonte West voice-over ...

Originally Posted by 35KD

^ He's talking about the similarity between LBJ's and AI's careers, not comparing them as players and how they play.

I think he meant as a player Lebron > AI and the fact that LBJ has far more greater chance to give CLE a championship.
People just want to see Lebron worked himself out to be the best and get over the hump (i.e MJ/Pistons) because he has the " it " factor to him.. They see something special to him.. that's why some people are a bit disappointed..

IMO. 
laugh.gif

another point people forget.

wade is 28. his peak was 2 years ago. and with his style of play, he won't get any better and his prime will probably go until 30-31. and with his style of play, who's to say he won't get injured or miss 10-15 games? hell, bosh might surpass wade in terms of importance to the heat in 2 years.

lebron is 25. he has improved each and every year. and he'll improve again next year.

again, the gap between the 2 will get larger, even when they're on the same team.

lebron will be the one carrying most of the load on the heat b/c physically he can handle it.

most of yall are forgetting these dudes still gotta go out there and win, all this speculation and dudes haven't touched the court

Originally Posted by tim teufel

He had options besides Miami where he would be the main guy. We are fans of the game and different opinions on how it should be played. If u defend this man then ur soft and truth is ur father figure did a terrible job raising you.

i agree.

and there is no comparison with lebron and iverson. two different situations. dont compare stackhouse and larry hughes to wade and bosh dude. thats bull #%%*. iverson couldnt co exist with number 2 guys. sucky number 2 guys. his game wouldnt allow it to work. lebron signed to a team with 2 number 1 guys. lebron didnt need to. he actually made trash around him better previously unlike iverson.

you don't ring chase at 25

I don't like how this thing went down and I agree that true competitors want to beat the best to be the best. With that said, I would much rather LeBron go somewhere else as a free agent then resign for a bunch of money only to get angry and demand a trade later on. Too many players in the NBA go chasing the money only to whine and complain when things don't go their way. It's like no one made you sign the extension but now you want to complain when things aren't going your way. We see it far too often in sports.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
Shaq was arguably the best 5 in the East in 05-06, but u think he was washed up?  What are you talking about? 
Shaq averaged like 14ppg in the Finals that year. and if you watched the playoffs, Shaq was a big contributor but Wade totally carried the team.

D-Wade is obviously complicit in all this, but i won't really speak negatively on him because he's already proven his worth as an all-time champion. Lebron looks lame for piggybacking on Wade's legacy instead of trying to create his own. Bosh is a gump, nothing he wins will ever change that in my mind.

Budden said it best:

laugh.gif

If you guys want to laugh look through the Cle-Bos series threads and see the same SNs and see if they cared about Lebron's legacy. Then come back here and look at this thread and how everyone cares now. LMAO. You guys are so funny. I <3 it.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

wade is 28. his peak was 2 years ago. and with his style of play, he won't get any better and his prime will probably go until 30-31. and with his style of play, who's to say he won't get injured or miss 10-15 games? hell, bosh might surpass wade in terms of importance to the heat in 2 years.
This is by far and away one of the dumbest post I have ever read.

Originally Posted by bl1nk

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Will Cleveland even keep a team? I say they get rid of the franchise and move to Kansas City...
or to Seattle...

St. Louis?

Please?

Someday maybe...

Anyway,

Winning seems to wash away everything, but in this case...will it ever take the stink off this mess?

Originally Posted by nyk buc

lebron is 25. he has improved each and every year. and he'll improve again next year.

again, the gap between the 2 will get larger, even when they're on the same team.

lebron will be the one carrying most of the load on the heat b/c physically he can handle it.

ummmm lebron has actually played 70 more games than wade and 11 more playoff games than wade. both playing 7 nba seasons

wade and lebron are basically both on the same level as far as nba play so throw the age out the window

Originally Posted by solefood229

At what age do you start chasing rings since everybody keeps bringing up the fact that he is only 25?

- we cant answer that question considering nobody's accusing him of CHASING a ring, except you clowns
laugh.gif

- by your logic, anytime a player chooses to put himself in a better situation to win they're chasing a ring.

....tell me, what about players in the NBA that refuse to report because they want to be traded to a better team? are they 'chasing rings' as well? really? to get even more out there i can name a few rookies that pitched a fit about who drafted them and had to be traded before thier careers started.....do they fall under this umbrella as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom