Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
at everybody going crazy. Including Cavs fans.

Im lovin it!

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Eh. Gibson, Deng, and Hinrich are NOT bad. Just goes to show you how much some of you want to comment the Bulls but don't watch them.

laugh.gif

i'm not saying that they are horrible players. I just think that chandler and gallanari can be spoken for if you're going to bring them up. that's all. plus 2 of them have bad contracts. (no idea what gibson's is like). They also glance over the fact that the knicks have money for a 2nd player. how can you just say the knicks suck and not mention they have all that money to play with?

my problem is with the media not bulls fans, not cavs fans. it really has little to do with NT

I always laugh at his hairline
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I wanted him to go to the Knicks but damn he might go to the Bulls.

I'm suprised Avery Johson's name hasn't been mentioned more for these coaching vacancies.

[h1]Stern Sees Focus On LeBron As Good Sign
[/h1]May 18, 2010 8:08 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
NBA commissioner David Stern said on Tuesday night that it's a good sign that there is so much attention surrounding LeBron James and his pending free agency.

"It actually shows the NBA's importance to culture," Stern said prior to Tuesday's Draft Lottery.

"It shows what a fixture that the NBA has become."

Stern was then asked about what restrictions teams have in regards to recruiting free agents, if any.

"Come July 1, everything goes," Stern said with a smile.

"Before July 1, nothing goes."

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by outkast9984

ill be really happy if lebron doesnt go to new york...knicks fans have been sure he is going there for 2 years now and i have no idea why...if hes smart he stays in cleveland or bolts to the bulls....knicks arent winning anytime soonand im sure lebron doesnt want to wait 3 more years to win..bulls have a good squad but does lebron really wanna be in MJs shadow? he has to realize if he goes there then there will be a lot of pressure to live up to what michael did and it has potential to get ugly... he just needs to man up and stay in cleveland and build his own legacy just like michael and kobe have done..its not like the cavs are long ways away... they may be a coach and a player or 2 away....they arent horrible so i dont see what the problem is..

Name me one reputable Knicks fan on NT that said LeBron will be coming to New York is a guarantee? A lot of us know we won't be able to get him alone. We will have to sign someone like a Chris Bosh or an Amare in order to land LeBron.
im pretty sure i dont sit here writing down all the crazy stuff people on here just to show it later...i have seen people say lebron is going to be in an NY uniform blah blah...its not just on NT i was talking about anyway... people in NY in general... they were the only ones making lebron jerseys...funny thing is if he goes there and they dont do anything they will be the same people booing him...

Originally Posted by outkast9984

im pretty sure i dont sit here writing down all the crazy stuff people on here just to show it later...i have seen people say lebron is going to be in an NY uniform blah blah...its not just on NT i was talking about anyway... people in NY in general... they were the only ones making lebron jerseys...funny thing is if he goes there and they dont do anything they will be the same people booing him...

Dude those were jokes...

Funny thing is when the Chicago rumors started.. People were asking for Bulls jersey PS, and Heats PS.. And they were posted

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

RIP NETS
List of possible Lebron James destinations...

Cavs
Knicks
Bulls
Nets

roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

May 18, 2010 10:35 PM EST
The National Editor of Forbes predicts that LeBron James will join the Knicks, with one of the major financial drivers being James' ability to buy shares in the publicly-traded New York franchise.

The Knicks cannot compensate James with shares in the organization, Madison Square Garden, but James would be able to invest his personal wealth to acquire the public stocks. The theory is that these stocks would dramatically increase in value with James playing for the Knicks.

"Now I am telling you next season LeBron will be playing for the New York Knicks because this January they became the only franchise that can use their stock as currency," writes Ozanian.

"This would allow James to in essence work for himself and capture the upside in revenue from higher ratings on the MSG RSN, a soon-to-be renovated Madison Square Garden and much higher profits he will bring to these platforms," he explains.

In his position at Forbes, Ozanian specializes in corporate earnings, economics and sports team valuations.

never knew all this but
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ehh

Originally Posted by DubA169

the more i think about it jackson is the only man on the planet that should coach lebron if everyone wants to see him at his max potential.

I don't know, LBJ's game as is isn't ideal for the triangle.  He's not nearly a good enough mid-range shooter or post up player yet.
Lebron is built perfectly for the triangle offense.  His post up game is not there yet but he's shown signs.  In Cleveland it's only pick and rolls or isolations.  The whole offense is based on Lebron dominating the ball.  The triangle gives him free reign of the offense without having to dominate the ball on every possession. The biggest issue MJ and Kobe had with the offense is they were forced to give up the ball.  Lebron loves dishing the rock.  He's already a match up nightmare, and if he was running the triangle
sick.gif
smh.gif

Linsday Hunter.........SMH.  Unless Stern is BSing, Hunter is about to get hit with a $1 million fine for discussing this before July 1.
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5197928

CHICAGO -- There are many free-agent options out there for the Chicago Bulls, but there is only one no-brainer, according to player development assistant Lindsey Hunter: LeBron James.

"Hands down, LeBron James," Hunter said Tuesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000 when asked which free agent he would like to see in Chicago. "He's the most talented player in the NBA right now. I think you could never pass up an opportunity to have a guy like that on your team. That's a no-brainer."

Hunter, who played the final season and a half of his 17-year NBA career with the Bulls before taking a position as a player development assistant, said there should be little doubt about whether James could co-exist with Derrick Rose.

"I laugh at a situation like that simply because you have two guys who very easily could average over 20 points apiece," Hunter said. "When you can walk into an arena and have that in your pocket, you're winning. That's an easy choice. That's not even something to think about."

Originally Posted by DubA169

wow OC has lost his mind.

QFE. I can't believe the 180. It's mind boggling.
Highland Park huh? I worked at a bank there for one summer. Lots of hot white women...
nerd.gif

And this...

YEEUPP wrote:
[h1]Stern Sees Focus On LeBron As Good Sign
[/h1]May 18, 2010 8:08 PM EST

James_LeBron_cle.jpg
 NBA commissioner David Stern said on Tuesday night that it's a good sign that there is so much attention surrounding LeBron James and his pending free agency.

"It actually shows the NBA's importance to culture," Stern said prior to Tuesday's Draft Lottery.

"It shows what a fixture that the NBA has become."

Stern was then asked about what restrictions teams have in regards to recruiting free agents, if any.

"Come July 1, everything goes," Stern said with a smile.

"Before July 1, nothing goes."

Stern is a **!!%+* flip-flopper. He was just talking about how he hates all the Lebron/July 1st talk.
pimp.gif

i've never heard donnie walsh talk about Lebron by name in an interview

But Hunter isn't a GM, maybe it will slip through the cracks. has no bearing on where lebron goes it's just gonna be really funny if they take a huge financial hit.

I could see the Cavs taking some sort of sign and trade with the Bulls.
Assume Lebron's first year is at 19 million dollars
Why not take Hinrich and Deng. And play tough defense, keep attendance decent.
Even with Lebron off the books the Cavs would only have 6 million in cap space
At least until you can get cap space make the playoffs right?
Antwan is on the books until 2012. Your not getting a FA to come to Cleveland in 2011. Might as well.

As for the Bulls. They would be able to get Bosh or Amare at the "max" or Boozer at 12 million and Ray Allen at MLE and it would be instant wins even with Mo Cheeks. Avery Johnson would be icing.

Thats the pipe dream I know but the cavs if they are to lose lebron ( and its far from certain) have got to look at reality.

You just lost the biggest star in basketball, your attendance is going to drop 5000 next season if you dont make the playoffs and you just traded for a guy who will not do anything with Lebron. You might as well take Deng, if you feeling extra good try and package Kirk and Hickson and a pick and get a legit shooting guard (Iggy?). They wont win 66 games but a starting lineup of

Mo Williams
Andre Iguodala
Luol Deng
Antwan Jamison
Anderson Varejao

Is not the worse you can do.
Granted that starting lineup has little 3 point shooting, but Boobie Gibson is still on the roster, Parker too

I know being below the salary cap was the in thing to do, its back to basics for NBA teams.
Again I know its crazy, and to some of you you might think im crazy, but are you telling me that

In the event Lebron goes to the cavs like straight up
"I'm Leaving, look at your cap situation, talk to the Bulls".
The Cavs wouldnt consider this idea?
Deng, Hinrich and a pick, or a guy like James Johnson? Especially as I said earlier the Cavs would only be 6 million below the cap
Andre Iguodala for Hinrich, Hickson and the Cavs first rounder in 2011?

I dont know whats going to happen, and this is a discussion thread. I could see a totally different team pulling off a sign and trade if they knew the option was there.
I also dont see how people would think that D Wade, a shell of Michael Beasley, and no one else is more enticing to a guy like LeBron than
Rose, Deng, Noah
Either way neither team has 3 point shooting as things stand. If I'm Lebron im not jumping at the idea of playing with Wade at all cause he will be 31 at the end of the contract I sign ( assuming 3 years) he is fragile, and the team around him stinks.
I do not envy Lebron for the decision he is going to have to make.
That Cavs team I dont think can win even with the right coaching, The Bulls, and Heat have to make a lot of moves that are difficult to facilitate and complete to be in a position to which they can beat a Mavs team, the Lakers, Boston or even Orlando. And Cleveland has proven that they wont be able to beat those 2 teams.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Antwan is on the books until 2012. Your not getting a FA to come to Cleveland in 2011. Might as well.

As for the Bulls. They would be able to get Bosh or Amare at the "max" or Boozer at 12 million and Ray Allen at MLE and it would be instant wins even with Mo Cheeks. Avery Johnson would be icing.

Thats the pipe dream I know but the cavs if they are to lose lebron ( and its far from certain) have got to look at reality.

You just lost the biggest star in basketball, your attendance is going to drop 5000 next season if you dont make the playoffs and you just traded for a guy who will not do anything with Lebron. You might as well take Deng, if you feeling extra good try and package Kirk and Hickson and a pick and get a legit shooting guard (Iggy?). They wont win 66 games but a starting lineup of

Mo Williams
Andre Iguodala
Luol Deng
Antwan Jamison
Anderson Varejao

Granted that starting lineup has little 3 point shooting, but Boobie Gibson is still on the roster, Parker too

I know being below the salary cap was the in thing to do, its back to basics for NBA teams.
Again I know its crazy, and to some of you you might think im crazy, but are you telling me that

Deng, Hinrich and a pick, or a guy like James Johnson? Especially as I said earlier the Cavs would only be 6 million below the cap

I dont know whats going to happen, and this is a discussion thread. I could see a totally different team pulling off a sign and trade if they knew the option was there.
Its something to consider. I still don't get why they brought in Twan and Shaq though.
laugh.gif

Talk about mortgaging your future.

But a line up like this would work to keep fans interest IMO...

PG: Mo
SG: Deng
SF: Andre if they somehow got him.
PF: Jamison
C: Big Z

Not a 60+ win team but with the right bench, it will get you in the playoffs.

Look at the Bobcats. Similar rosters without Lebron. It could work. Gotta clear up some cap space some how though.

Matter of fact, what is T-Mac doing? A healthy Tracey for at least 60 games is interesting to say the least.
laugh.gif

I'm not too familiar with the NBA dollars and cap structure so what are some ways to clean cap space?

PG: Mo Williams
SG: Tracy Mcgrady
SF: Antawn Jamison
PF: Anderson Varejao
C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Not bad. Not great.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Mo Williams
Andre Iguodala
Luol Deng
Antwan Jamison
Anderson Varejao

Its something to consider. I still don't get why they brought in Twan and Shaq though.
laugh.gif

Talk about mortgaging your future.

But a line up like this would work to keep fans interest IMO...

PG: Mo
SG: Deng
SF: Andre if they somehow got him.
PF: Jamison
C: Big Z

Not a 60+ win team but with the right bench, it will get you in the playoffs.

Look at the Bobcats. Similar rosters without Lebron. It could work. Gotta clear up some cap space some how though.

Matter of fact, what is T-Mac doing? A healthy Tracey for at least 60 games is interesting to say the least.
laugh.gif

I'm not too familiar with the NBA dollars and cap structure so what are some ways to clean cap space?

There is no real way other than trading guys with expirings.
Shaq was no risk both major cogs Ben Wallace and Shaq were expirings.
Jamison? That was a bad deal. I would have stuck it out with the team I had. Cause I would be below the cap with enough room to try and get (Boozer, Lee?)  and a good player on the wing. Or a legit max guy( Bosh, Amare?)
Hell Cleveland would be 19 million below the cap and would be talking about getting Wade, as if it were a done deal.
That was the worse deal in NBA history ( almost didnt remember about the cap space)
I think Dan Gilbert is a great owner for as much work as he has done, and Cleveland has done a great job in being supporitve of Lebron. That could have gotten them a max guy.
Now the Cavs need to stay over the cap with assets with or without James.
I still think Iggy can be a better jump shooter, and he would be the one playing the 2
I think the better comparison would be Atlanta, except with Deng and Iggy those guys dont take as many 3's as Johnson and Crawford. Meaning you would have to put guys like Boobie Gibson and Anthony Parker on the floor. With Shaq that would not be a bad second unit.
The Bobcats dont have any starting quality legit big men.
The Cavs would still have Varejao and the Bird right's to Shaq. ( meaning they can go over the cap to sign him in case he wants more than an 
  Bi-annual exception)
I could see them needing another big, but maybe Powe can contribute seeing as he tore his ACL around this time last year, and never got close to being ready.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

I would LAUGH so hard is Boozer ended up back in cleveland

That was just the posabilities if the Cavs had not gotten Jamison

laugh.gif
In retrospect, not get Amare and getting Jamison was such a terrible move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom