Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Wait, so are they officially making the decision tomorrow?

If all three end up in Miami they might as well go ahead and have the patch of the trophy sewn onto their jerseys because they will meet the Lakers in the Finals. Quote me.
That's quite a prediction you made, way to go out on a limb.

And no, tomorrow is the first official day teams can talk to free agents.  They cannot sign until July 8th, but they can announce potential deals starting tomorrow.

if lebron, wade, and bosh ended up on the same team the NBA would be the 5th most watched sport in America in 2 years.

it would destroy the NBA. if there were less teams in the NBA like back in the day, super stacked teams would be fine.

i don't get it...if they are willing to split up the cash why go to miami and not new york?

why in the world would you want to play in miami instead of new york...

makes absolutely no sense.

is dwade that much of a convincer to get them to play in miami, where there exist no franchise history and the fans could care less about basketball?

if they do decide to this and not do it in NY, that would be a big joke.

No income tax and South Beach...it's not that hard to figure out.

that whole south beach thing is over-rated.....

and the ability to make money through marketing in NY + bonuses > no income tax

still doesn't make sense to me.

laugh.gif
South Beach is not overrated...these guys can make marketing money anywhere, hell Bron is doing that in Cleveland of all places now.

If the opportunities were so much greater in NY then why aren't they lining up to sign with the Knicks? Wade is probably the main reason why, I really don't think he ever had any intention of leaving Miami in the 1st place. So he's able to be the master recruiter of all these guys.

Guys like Lebron don't need the Market of NY when they are ALREADY known WORLD WIDE... so the whole NY marketing thing is a bit overrated as well.

Now someone like Bosh could certainly use the NY market...

theres ZERO pressure to win in miami dude. fans don't care. media doesn't care

bosh has always been a vagina when it comes to the media. so it makes sense

Originally Posted by JStar25

Guys like Lebron don't need the Market of NY when they are ALREADY known WORLD WIDE... so the whole NY marketing thing is a bit overrated as well.

dudes pretending lebron can't benefit from the NYC market.
laugh.gif

never mind the millions of tourists that would actually get to see lebron in action. because of course theres mad people traveling to Ohio to watch the cavs.

No income tax and South Beach...it's not that hard to figure out.

That's the thing I've never understood with the way these writers write these articles. All I hear about is "Well Cleveland provides Lebron with the most money" and it's like $30 mil more. Yet I rarely if ever read about how if he went to Miami he wouldn't have income tax, completely making that Cleveland point mute.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Originally Posted by copped

i don't get it...if they are willing to split up the cash why go to miami and not new york?

is dwade that much of a convincer to get them to play in miami, where there exist no franchise history and the fans could care less about basketball?

pat_riley_oj_mayo.png

laugh.gif

never mind the millions of tourists that would actually get to see lebron in action. because of course theres mad people traveling to Ohio to watch the cavs.
Over rated yes but since you wanna be real let do be real...

19,763 can be seated in MSG NOT MILLIONS so stop the jokes....
roll.gif

So are tourist going to flock to NY to him in action walking into MSG and walking out
nerd.gif

Real talk 20,917 can be seated in the UC oh and by the way Bulls have the highest attendance in the league.

So can he benefit in NY sure he can... can he benefit elsewhere?? SURE HE CAN!!!

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by JStar25

laugh.gif

MSG can hold millions of people? If that was the case he should go to Dallas and play all of his home games at Cowboys Stadium.

laugh.gif

Over rated yes but since you wanna be real let do be real...

roll.gif

So are tourist going to flock to NY to him in action walking into MSG and walking out
nerd.gif

Real talk 20,917 can be seated in the UC oh and by the way Bulls have the highest attendance in the league.

So can he benefit in NY sure he can... can he benefit elsewhere?? SURE HE CAN!!!

laugh.gif

Over rated yes but since you wanna be real? Lets be real...

roll.gif

So are tourist going to flock to NY to see him in action walking into MSG and walking out
nerd.gif

split the money? when did bosh become an elite player like wade and lebron. i mean, he's good and all, but he isn't a number one franchise player. but i guess you got to overpay these days.

These writers are just spewing BS to hold keep people talking because they truly have no idea what is going on, neither does anyone else besides the free agents themselves. Chris Broussard has changed where Lebron is going to land at least 100 times within the past week alone.

The ONLY guy that would reap huge benefits from the "NY market" would be Bosh cause he isn't established and the market would be able to give him more opportunities. But to say that LeBron or Wade would get more exposure that would be substantial enough to sway their decision from one of their other suiters to the Knicks is ludicrous. EVERYONE knows who those two are. Bottom line, these guys are getting paid wherever they go, and I think the on-court basketball ramifications will outweigh any of the extracurricular stuff that they may benefit. If they win (championships) all that stuff will fall in line anyway.

I really am just ready for this circus to be over, it really just took over the playoffs after LeBron lost and I'm ready for the focus to be back on the games or actual teams. Actually I'm ready for college football season to start back up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by copped

pat_riley_oj_mayo.png
pimp.gif
In Pat We Trust.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

he would benefit financially more in NY than anywhere elsewhere

End of story.

Explain how please, so it can be shot down for the 114,484,585,495,606th time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom