Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Businesses are also offering perks in exchange for James' jersey. At McNulty's Bier Market in Ohio City, anyone turning in a James jersey or T-shirt got a free beer. Anyone with a T-shirt, hat or tattoo featuring another Cleveland sports star got a free second round.

In addition, Fathead.com, an online retailer owned by Cavs owner Dan Gilbert dropped the price of its LeBron Fathead wall decals from $99.99 to $17.41, which happens to be the same year Revolutionary War traitor Benedict Arnold was born.

Gilbert going ham on LeBron.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Goldmember

So if Lebron is ring chasing that means Kobe was too, right?

laugh.gif

really now....
laugh.gif
  still want to trying to compare Bron to Kobe, actually bringing Kobe down off the pedestal in the aftermath.

the KING said so himself!!!  ("next season as I chase the NBA Championship") change the wording on your own damn website!!!!! do some damage control! more evidence of the incompetence of those around him.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Japs24

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Nek32

And yes, if you try to force your team to trade you to a better one, YOU ARE A RING CHASER. 

At least he made it clear that it's KOBE>>Lebron and always will be.
wink.gif

- really?? you do know that Kobe forced Charlotte to trade him too right?

Wasn't it Jerry West that really wanted Kobe?..

So, how did Kobe (as a rookie) forced charlotte to trade him?..was there an article or video of someone saying it?

- yes, West wanted Kobe. but it was put out there that if any team beside LA drafted Kobe he would refuse to play. its also why New Jersey passed on Kobe and got Kittles.

......oh but how soon we forget things.

- so now that we know ring chaser = Kobe and LeBron, now what clowns?  im sure you'll find something.........
laugh.gif

You're right Kobe not wanting to play in Jersey, but LA reached out to Charlotte to pick Kobe. That was pre-arranged.

Is this the biggest fall from grace for an athlete that never did anything illegal?

Tiger woods wasn't dedicated to his wife but at least the man was dedicated to winning.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Is this the biggest fall from grace for an athlete that never did anything illegal?

Tiger woods wasn't dedicated to his wife but at least the man was dedicated to winning.
This whole thing is about  James wanting  to  win imo

i don't have a good analogy for golf, so i guess you got me there. Tiger can't go team up with phil and Arnold Palmer

even if he just wants to win, his titles and accolades are cheapened now. not to everybody, but there a large amount of loyal NBA fans that he alienated. he waved the white flag at a young age and colluded with these 2 to get other teams to gut their rosters to make it even easier for their voltron team

I feel were everybody coming from but you can't really blame the man for wanting to win. Lets just call this the Boston Celtic theory. Can three star on one team dominate the league which we know. Come on man Jordan never had a opportunity like this!

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I'm still in shock and can't believe it's real.
Word.

No way this dude just left what could have been his legacy on the floor like that.
smh.gif

i don't have a good analogy for golf, so i guess you got me there. Tiger can't go team up with phil and Arnold Palmer

even if he just wants to win, his titles and accolades are cheapened now. not to everybody, but there a large amount of loyal NBA fans that he alienated. he waved the white flag at a young age and colluded with these 2 to get other teams to gut their rosters to make it even easier for their voltron team
How would his titles and accolades mean any less? what's the basis for what you're saying here?

If he puts up monster numbers and snags a few titles and some finals MVPs why would it be worth less than him putting up monster numbers on another team?

I'm not grasping this concept of having to waste away a bunch of your years on teams who aren't ready to win yet for something immeasurable like honor or integrity. When the hell have you seen players measured by integrity?
laugh.gif

He's been in the league 7 years already. Honestly he should've bolted before that extension but he gave them one last go at it for 3 and bounced.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

How would his titles and accolades mean any less? what's the basis for what you're saying here?

If he puts up monster numbers and snags a few titles and some finals MVPs why would it be worth less than him putting up monster numbers on another team?

I'm not grasping this concept of having to waste away a bunch of your years on teams who aren't ready to win yet for something immeasurable like honor or integrity. When the hell have you seen players measured by integrity?
laugh.gif

He's been in the league 7 years already. Honestly he should've bolted before that extension but he gave them one last go at it for 3 and bounced.

honestly, if he wins like MULTIPLE championships, like 4peat type, people will forget about it

but that is a big IF of course

laugh.gif

Ridiculous. So if LeBron goes on and averages a triple double or damn near it (he avg 9 assists with bum teammates last year), gets another (or a few more) MVPs, win's a Finals MVP, his accolades are still cheapened? Because all those are real possibilities now, given that he is JUST ENTERING HIS PRIME.

Just because it's been Wade's team in the past DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL BE WADES TEAM IN THE FUTURE.

All this sidekick talk is nonsense. LeBron is the best player on the team. Point blank. Wade will even admit that. Just because he changed teams doesn't mean he's going to be a 'sidekick'. We'll see what happens on the court.

He won't be winning MVP's. the league didn't even want to give it to Kobe when he had a "stacked" team.

That is wade's team, i'm not even going to argue that point.

go ahead and root for this wimp. there are plenty of people who feel the same as I do. he is officially out of the conversation of "the best ever". he doesn't care about being the best so you shouldn't either.

anybody see when bosh was talking about numbers going down for the sake of winning?

Then Lebron interrupts, "I DONT BUY THAT!"

I think he still may be more concerned about stats than winning. He probably thinks Wade will become a catch and shoot player like Ray Allen or that Bosh will be purely a catch and shoot guy like Ilgauskas.

You know, this whole Lebron situation is really getting out of hand. I mean, it's one thing to be upset at his decision, but people are taking this thing too far. It's not the whole "he ruined his legacy to chase a ring" thing, but the public reactions are what should really be noticed.You got grown men on news channels running around shouting **** Lebron, you got dining establishments posting disrespectful messages, you got a general manager making disrespectful remarks, and people were even hoping that his plane crashed and he couldn't play basketball anymore. Like, who does that? Grown *** men acting like a bunch of little girls on camera like they have no home training. The worst part is that people actually support this foolishness. These people should be ashamed of themselves, making a mockery of both themselves and America.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by MaxElite

I am more disappointed that we will NEVER see LeBron James's game be taken to the NEXT level. It is now safe to say that. From this point forward he can no longer evolve into the player we all thought he could become. To me, that is REALLY sad since I am a fan of his.
- In a sense, I can agree with you here. For instance, it's doubtful we'll ever see that post-game that everyone predicted LBJ should develop to become truly unstoppable. At least not anytime soon. On the flip side, other facets of his game will continue to grow. Weak-side D... passing... rebounding... (not as if any of those things needed further development).
laugh.gif

- I just wanted to comment on how funny it is that people are killing Bron for the exact same thing people were saying AI should have done in his career. Bron has made the ultimate sacrifice in giving up his alpha-dog spot for the sake of WINNING A CHIP. All year long in the AI threads, people were saying how they don't feel bad for Iverson b/c he should have sacrificed his scoring and alpha-dog mentality to accommodate guys like Stackhouse, Larry Hughes, Derrick Coleman, etc... And here we have LBJ doing exactly that, yet somehow LeBron is getting killed for it.
smh.gif
Y'all are some double-standard +#% mofos.

AI and LBJ's careers parallel each other in a sense. Both made it to the Finals early in their career. Both were the undisputed first option on their squad. Both were NEVER truly given a bonafide 2nd option. Both were MVPs of the L. Etc... The difference is AI remained in Philly. And NEVER won. Bron chose a different path. If he had remained in Cle, he would have been getting the SAME criticism that you guys give AI.
smh.gif

- You guys kill me with this "it's better to beat your competition instead of play with them" garbage. So you mean to tell me, if you and your homeboy... like one of your best friends in the world... had a chance to do something TOGETHER (smash 2 sisters, win the lotto, become a rap/rock star, or whatever), you would rather battle your friend where only one of you can enjoy the prize??? Man listen... from all accounts, these dudes are real good friends. Why not go through something with your best buds instead of fighting amongst each other for the grand prize? Jordan didn't have any true friends in the L! He was a douche and no one besides Barkley was cool with him like that.
laugh.gif

- Speaking of Barkley, why is it that he can make noise to get out of Philly (at age 29) b/c he was sick and tired of losing, yet LBJ can't make similar noise? You guys fail to realize that a lot of these players DON'T LIKE TO LOSE. Some stay with their team longer than others. But Bron obviously saw what loyalty does for a bunch of these players (Ewing, Bark, Reggie, Malone, Payton almost, AI, Finley almost, KG almost, etc). And I can't be mad at him for wanting to WIN instead of being remembered as a GREAT player who NEVER won. Barkley has said many times (C-Webb too) that they would trade their individual accolades for a chip.
applause1234363884.gif

All it takes is winning, and all you cry babies will stop over reacting and praise the man. In year 4 of their contracts IF they have 1-4 rings by then this would have fallen by the waist side and we will be talking about a Dynasty. If that happens, but like I said all it takes is winning.

No one is talking about Kobe ripping Bynum and asking to be traded cause of his wins, the same will happen with LeBron and Co.

Never have sports jounalists written better articles than after the events that took place on Thursday.

you mad, lebron fans?

99635589cf7440423db510f1749db40f1abdf2b.jpg

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

^Selfish. Yall would rather see Lebron stick it out in cleveland and possibly remain ringless for the rest of his career than see him fulfill his dreams. Ewing? Barkley? No championships to show for their hard work and dont even get me started on the disrespect the Knicks payed Ewing towards the end of his career.. AND BARKLEY is the biggest hypocrite out there..was he a Sixer for life or did he make the jump several times only to come up empty handed? Like I said before evryones overly concerned with Bron maintaining a legacy as an individual when in sports your true legacy will be defined by championship glory NOT individual accomplishments. Lebron did the right thing.

Thats the thing....when Barkley was asked if he would rather trade his career for Robert Horry's...he said hell no because he wouldn't have been Chuck...he wouldn't have been the man.

When Horry was asked the same question, he answered without thinking or blinking....he would take Barkley's tough fought, ringless, leadership role in a heartbeat over his championship studded career.

With great talent comes great responsibility .

Mike battled Isiah, he didn't join up with him.

Larry battled Bird, he didn't try to go to the Lakers and party in Hollywood with him.

Besides Cleveland, LeBron could have went to a crazyily talented Bulls team won multiple chips and still been the man, he could have went to a Knicks team which would have been better than the Heat without and battle it out with Wade and Bosh, he could have went to Jersey and helped his good friend build a franchise from scratch, which he claimed he wanted to do...and correct me if i'm wrong but....didn't Cleveland WIN THE MOST GAMES IN THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR? If he wanted to resign with them he couldve probably gotten Amar'e to S&T with them to help with Dwight or he could've shaken up the team like Kobe did to the Lakers 3 seasons ago and demand change. All he had to do was sign a 3 year deal with an option on for his third season. That team was his, he could've def won a championship if he stayed there.

Instead of staking his own claim and battling his equals in his peer group he gave up leadership card and went to Dwade hometown to join forces with someone who does the exact same things as him on the floor.

Where is the honor in that?

When they win a chip are we supposed to be overjoyed or surprised?

Charles Barkley being compared to Robert Horry? Thats terrible. Horry was never of MVP status, Like a Barkley or Bron was. Horry never had teams built around him, like Barkley or Bron did...All because Horry has rings doesnt mean their careers/positions in NBA history can be compared. Look, I really believe it comes down to the Cleveland Cavaliers and New York Knicks not being able to do as much as much as the Heat could do for him...Everyone knew he desired to play with STAT or Bosh on his team and they really put him in this position when they both opted not to go to Cleveland but to force Bron to come to them either in NY or MIA. People say Chicago had the strongest play for him but they really didnt. Wade is better than their guards and Bosh is better than their forwards..People really are expressing their selfishness and greed when they thought that he wouldnt go to the Heat....Outside of the Heat having better pieces every reason was "O he cant be the lone superstar if he goes there, who leaves 50 million on the table?" I'll tell u who can leave that money on the table, people who can afford to go after their dreams instead thats who. People wanna compare to Isiah and Jordan and Bird and Magic but that was 20 years ago and this is a new league today...Opinions won't tarnish championships.

*One thing that I've found funny is this: When he filed for that number change months back he gave the MJ's greatness reasoning and everyone completely overlooked the fact that MJ's number is retired in Miami all through this free agent process* I still think he wasnt 100% sure he wanted to leave until Stat and Bosh committed elsewhere though

So, here's what I'm wondering, why do the people sticking up for LeBron (on and off NT) bring up the old Celtics and the old Lakers?

- Lakers (Worthy, Kareem, Magic): Neither of these guys signed with the Lakers through free agency. Worthy and Magic were drafted by the Lakers. Hell, Worthy was the reason the lottery system was installed, b/c the Lakers had just won the championship and then smoothly traded up to #1. They did the same with Magic, and Kareem was traded to the Lakers years before either arrived. The Lakers slyly got these guys, but it wasn't about free agents joining up with other free agents or this trio making a plan.

- Celtics (Bird, McHale, Parish): Neither of these guys signed with the Celtics through free agency. Bird and McHale were drafted years apart and Parrish was traded to them for draft picks.

There was no plan between these stars. If Wade, LeBron, and Bosh were drafted and/or traded to the Cavs within a few seasons of each other, no one would be negative about LBJ and his legacy, but this dude straight riding coat tails. Larry Bird didn't sign with anyone; Magic didn't force a trade to Chicago when LA started losing after Kareem retired. These guys stuck it out and continued to try and take their teams to the next level ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom