Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a lebron fan and I d think the way he went about it was a lil wrong but I dont think that was all on him ESPN knew they could getting ratings and money off Lebron and Im sure ESPN payed Lebron

everybody sayin that the heat is wades team thats cool but lebron will be the best player on the team and still win the awards at the end of the year his MVP run is not over look for him to get it again this year if they win the finals he will be the finals MVP all of them are gonna take a cut in stats bosh stats are really going to take a cut i see lebron averaging about 24 pts 9 ast and 8 rebs and wade around 20-22 ppg bosh will still be a double double guy just probably around 14 and 10

I've never seen so many GROWN MEN emotional about another mans decision fall back on dude Lebron is still one the greatest players to ever come into the league and if his career ended today he would still be a 1st ballot hall of famer...I love sports and bron is my favorite player yall need to appreciate that man for what he does on the floor and be glad that you get witness his greatness he was the most hyped player to ever come into the league and lived up to expectations I'm just glad that in my 22 years of life I can tell my grandkids when I'm older that I got to watch Jordan, Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, and D.Wade all in the prime of their careers and the greatest players of this generation

That John Mayer video is hilarious.

What makes me a little more mad is that LeBron said he wants to let the world know that the Heat are back.  They were a damn expansion team and only have one championship.

EDIT---I thought about this last night and just read it while skimming pages in this thread.  Where is LeBron's thank you to Cleveland?  Why not take a page out in the paper and post big thank you to the fans and everybody?  The fans won't appreciate it of course, but if you're heart is always gonna be with Cleveland then the least you could do is thank them.

No matter what side of the fence you are on in this debate, this article is a MUST read:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- During a rally for Miami Heat fans Friday night, Chris Bosh said he had been talking with new teammates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade about the moment for months.
It was a slip, which some, including Bosh himself, caught. The premise that the trio had been talking about teaming up for months hinted there was a plan in place. That potentially would be against rules, and could raise concerns from the league since Bosh and James were playing for teams battling for the playoffs in Toronto and Cleveland.

Bosh quickly revised the statement and said they had been talking about it for "days." But it appears James, Bosh and Wade had been discussing this for years.

That won't be comforting for Cavaliers fans who still are reeling from what many considered James' stunning departure. But it appears to be part of a complex master plan that was the trio's desire for much of the past four years.

Now that the move has been made, the veil of secrecy is being raised to a degree as people are beginning to talk. The Plain Dealer talked to numerous sources to piece together a picture of how James ended up in Miami.

It is still a somewhat fuzzy picture, but here are the broad strokes:

The seeds were planted in the summer of 2006 after Bosh, James and Wade finished their third seasons. Established All-Stars and clearly the future of the league, the three were part of a bonding effort led by USA Basketball to revamp and re-energize the national team after the disappointing 2004 bronze medal.

The three played together for the first time that summer in Japan at the World Championships. For the first week, they were sequestered without family or friends in Sapporo, Japan, in an attempt to build chemistry. But it wasn't just the players. Working as an intern for Team USA and getting to know the players was Nick Arison, the son of Heat billionaire owner Micky Arison.

Now, Nick Arison is a rising executive with the Heat. He was part of the team that recruited all three players this summer.

Already close because they came from the same draft class, the Team USA experience strengthened the relationship. Even before the team gathered in Las Vegas to prepare for the World Championships that summer, the three had talked about playing for that team.

That same July, the co-op took on another role when all three decided to extend their contracts with their teams. They couldn't all become unrestricted free agents until 2007 under the rules, so the smart play was for them to extend with the respective teams.

But with some of the league's higher-profile older stars perceived as being stuck in long-term contracts with struggling teams, the three decided to go for shorter contracts.

After talking about it amongst themselves, James, Bosh and Wade decided to accept three-year extensions with their teams. It would make them all unrestricted free agents at the same time in 2010. For players on maximum contracts, becoming an unrestricted free agent after just seven years in the NBA is rare. But it would put them all in position to potentially team up that year as well.

In the ensuing years, four important events happened that were major contributors to their teaming in 2010.

First, the three had a positive and emotional summer in 2008 in China, winning the gold medal. They proved they could play effectively together. For the most part, they checked their egos, with Wade even deciding to come off the bench.

Second, Los Angeles-based management company Creative Artists Agency decided to get into the basketball agent business. Seeing how influential they could be in the summer of 2010, CAA bought the agencies that represented James, Bosh and Wade. Bringing them all under one roof gave CAA huge control of the market and took down any barriers the three would have with negotiations.

Third, the recession hit, and NBA owners started tightening their spending, a trend that would last for two years. The result was a bubble of salary-cap space that eventually would result in giving numerous teams large blocks of cap space in 2010.

Fourth, the struggling New York Knicks launched a plan in the fall of 2008 to clear off enough cap space to sign two maximum level free agents in an effort to recruit James to New York by promising to sign another star as well. Though he never said so directly, James began openly flirting with the thought. Other teams saw the opening and hatched the same plan.

That included the Heat, which was in the midst of a large-scale rebuilding process after a 15-win season. Miami had won the title in 2006 but had to make several trades that caught up with it. With Wade already on the team, team President Pat Riley decided to begin his own saving even if it limited what the Heat could do with Wade during two seasons in his prime years.

The Knicks got most of the attention for moves to position themselves for James, especially when they traded away their best players for pennies on the dollar in an effort to clear the books. But Riley was just as passively aggressive in not spending, at one point last summer getting into a public battle with Wade, who was frustrated at the lack of additions to the roster.

It was a risk to mess with Wade as he headed for his own free agency, but Riley had been watching and doing research. He knew the three wanted to play together, and he knew he had a glamour destination to offer, a history of success and Wade. Riley crunched the numbers and thought he could get close to clearing three maximum salary spots to sign all three, or at least get so close that he could sell it.

Rest of Article in Link

smh.gif
That's some shady stuff DblJs. Pat is a snake, but I'm sure more and more will come out about this that will continue to tarnish Bron's image more than either Bosh or Wade.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

smh.gif
That's some shady stuff DblJs. Pat is a snake, but I'm sure more and more will come out about this that will continue to tarnish Bron's image more than either Bosh or Wade.
I'm sayin'...

Let me ask y'all a question..

In the next 6 seasons, how many championships do the Miami Heat have to win in order for this to be a success?

I say AT LEAST 4.  

Also... I honestly think if they don't win it all this year, self-destruction might take place. 

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

smh.gif
I'm sayin'...

Let me ask y'all a question..

In the next 6 seasons, how many championships do the Miami Heat have to win in order for this to be a success?

I say AT LEAST 4.  

Also... I honestly think if they don't win it all this year, self-destruction might take place. 

all that smack they were talking? im saying all 6   i think they're lucky if they win one. i dont see the lebron wade mix working out cause neither has a great jump shot.

Another question.

How much $ are they all getting next season?.

Like how much $ do the Heat even have left to fil up the roster?.

I feel this team is gonna be mighty weak with their secondary players.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I don't want to look through this entire thread again, so can someone re-post the Riley, Wade, Bron, Bosh NWO pic please?
You're lucky I'm bored and went through this thread

HRhzN.jpg

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I don't want to look through this entire thread again, so can someone re-post the Riley, Wade, Bron, Bosh NWO pic please?

we need this now
Spoiler [+]

who's gonna step up
nerd.gif

Not saying it's true or not, but one thing I think DJ's should have also wrote, (and I know some of

yall wont because of your agendas) is be objective & consider the source.

This article is for the people stating that Kobe forced a trade to the Lakers. It is interesting because no one really thought Kobe was going to be a great player. I can see why the Sixers went for Iverson instead.

http://www2.journalnow.co...t-has-been-misconstrued/

Lakers' trade for Bryant has been misconstrued
By John Delong | Journal Reporter

Published: June 18, 2008

CHARLOTTE - Revisionist history is always fascinating.

It's not always accurate, but it's fascinating.

The Charlotte Hornets drafted Kobe Bryant with the 13th pick in the1996 NBA Draft and promptly traded him to the Los Angeles Lakers forVlade Divac.

Over the years, that story has been told, retold and embellished somuch that the reality of that trade and the current perception arefarther apart than, oh, Charlotte and Los Angeles. It's a timely topicbecause throughout this year's NBA Finals between the Lakers and BostonCeltics, we've heard all the revisionist history again. We've heard howKobe and his agent shunned the Hornets, threatened that Kobe wouldn'tplay for the Hornets, and therefore orchestrated the trade to theLakers. There has been more talk in Charlotte about Kobe and theHornets the past two weeks than there has been about anythingconcerning the Bobcats.

A look back into the archives shows that the notion that Kobeorchestrated the trade is bogus. Kobe, in an interview during the 2000Finals when the Lakers beat Indiana for the NBA title, saidemphatically that he would have gladly played in Charlotte. Sure, hewanted to play for the Lakers, but who wouldn't? He also said that hadhe gone to college, he would have signed with Duke, so he liked thearea.

And those who were involved in the wheeling and dealing at the timeof the trade shoot down all the legends that have developed over theyears.

"The deal was actually done a day ahead of time, and it was Vladefor a player to be named," said Bill Branch, the Hornets' head scout atthe time who still operates out of Charlotte as a scout for theSeattle-now-Oklahoma City Sonics. "If I remember right, they didn'teven tell us who they wanted us to pick until about five minutes beforethe pick was made. So it was never a matter of us actually draftingKobe."

The trade was more about the Lakers' pursuit of Shaquille O'Neal infree agency and the Hornets' need to acquire a center than it was aboutBryant.

In order to get far enough under the salary cap to make a validpitch to O'Neal, the Lakers needed to unload Divac's contract,preferably to a team under the salary cap and preferably for a draftpick. The Hornets had traded Alonzo Mourning the previous year, werewithout a bona fide center, and were well under the cap afterrenouncing the rights to free agent Kenny Anderson. They would tradeLarry Johnson to New York for Anthony Mason later that summer.

The Hornets reasoned that they could come out of the draft with nobetter than Vitaly Potapenko or Todd Fuller if they drafted a center,and jumped at the chance to trade the 13th pick for Divac.

"When you look back at it, when we made that trade, here was a17-year-old kid who had played in high school," said Bob Bass, theHornets' executive vice president of basketball operations at the time."Twelve other teams passed on him. We made a decision to win now andnot later. We had Dave Cowens as our first-year coach, and I wanted togive him a chance to win. I knew if we got Divac in here, we'd win. Ididn't feel the same about Bryant. Without Divac, I thought we mighthave won 25 games."

The Hornets won 54 games, then a franchise record, the next season with Divac.

The Lakers might have been high on Bryant, but this was more aboutclearing up the cap room to make a run at O'Neal, whose contract was upin Orlando. Marc Fleisher, Divac's agent, remembers that the Lakers hada trade worked out to send Divac to Atlanta for the 25th pick ifanything fell through with the Hornets. Had that scenario played out,there's little or no way that Bryant would have fallen all the way tothe 25th pick, so Bryant and the Lakers couldn't have orchestratedanything.

"There were three teams involved at first -- Charlotte, Atlanta andSacramento," Fleisher said. "Sacramento didn't work out for whateverreason, and then it was basically Charlotte or Atlanta. They asked uswhere Vlade would rather go, and he said Charlotte."

Divac later threatened to retire shortly after the deal wasannounced, and that would have nixed the trade. But Cowens talked himout of that threat, and the trade became official. After a few moreminor deals and cap moves, the Lakers had enough cap room to signO'Neal -- with Bryant, 17, as icing on the summer-acquisition cake.

Branch scouted Bryant twice for the Hornets while Bryant was atLower Merion H.S., but he said that the Hornets "never even consideredhim" as a player they would draft and keep. Bass was an old-school GMwho liked to deal but didn't usually gamble on young players.

Branch recalls how difficult it was to gauge Bryant's talentsagainst inferior high-school competition. This was an era before itbecame fashionable to draft high-school players, before Kwame Brown,Dwight Howard and LeBron James were No. 1 picks straight out of highschool.

Branch believes that the Lakers' Jerry West was probably gamblingon Bryant to a degree, because that was West's style. And if Bryantdidn't pan out, the Lakers would still get O'Neal in the process.

"Jerry West might be the only person who can really answer that,but I just think it (Bryant's stardom) would be very hard to predict,because you've got stories of guys who turned out good and stories ofguys who turned out bad," Branch said. "The year before, L.A. wasn'teven in the draft and they made a move to get into the second round atthe last second, and they picked Frankie King out of Western Carolina.They specifically made a move to get one kid. So when you see moveslike that and then they go for Kobe, you've got to think they're takingstabs.

"And I don't mean that negatively. I just mean for someone to saynow that they knew Michael Jordan was going to be what he was, they'rekidding themselves. We all thought Kobe was going to be good. But howdo you really know?"

You don't. And that's why the Hornets were never anything but facilitators for the Lakers.

Twelve years later, obviously, it has worked out well for the Lakers. But the Hornets didn't get coerced into anything.

has to be all 6 or 5 maybe...depending on whether or not another super team comes about
you got two of the three, which most casual basketball fans would say are, best players in the nba and then another guy who is considered one of the best PF in the league
this team should not lose

[h2]11 strange things LeBron James said during 'The Decision'[/h2]
By Trey Kerby

ept_sports_nba_experts-388695537-1278688149.jpg

LeBron James'(notes)Thursday night decision was a lot of things — including long, mostlyboring and pretty ridiculous — but chief among them was weird. FromLeBron's totally round beard to his emotionless face to Kanye Westbeing in attendance in a very deep v-neck, everything about the entirespectacle was quite bizarre. Keeping with that vibe, James said somepretty strange things during his television special. Here are thestandouts in chronological order.

• "This whole free-agent experience, I'm looking forward to it."

Thiswas pretty much the first thing out of LeBron's mouth, which wasstrange because I was under the impression that "this whole free-agentexperience" was ending. Maybe he's just as anxious as I am to see whereBrad Miller(notes) ends up.

• "It's a very small number and I could probably count it on my fingers."

LeBron'sresponse to Jim Gray's inquiry into how many people knew his decisionbefore the TV show just came off very awkward (and also untrue, itseems). Clearly LeBron James is capable of counting as high as 10, butthe way he said it sounded like he wasn't sure.

• "The last time I changed my mind was probably in my dreams, and when I woke up this morning I knew it was the right decision."

Lotsof people get ideas when they're sleeping. Not very many of them resultin changing the landscape of a multi-billion dollar business. I guessall that fretting we did over where LeBron would end up could have beensolved by him taking a nice nap the first day of free agency.
http://
ept_sports_nba_experts-519740344-1278688169.jpg

• "One thing you can't control is you never know."

This could be a Ringo Starr lyric.

• "I never wanted to leave Cleveland."

Obviouslynone of us were privy to the negotiations between LeBron and the Cavs,but it seems like the easiest way to not leave Cleveland is to notleave Cleveland.

• "They can have mixed emotions, of course."

Whenasked how fans would react to LeBron leaving the Cavaliers, Jamesallowed their fans to have mixed emotions, which was pretty nice of him.

• "It was a tough decision because I know how loyal I am."

Signing a contract that is longer than any he'd signed with the Cavaliers is definite proof of his loyalty.

ept_sports_nba_experts-361198929-1278690179.jpg

• "I think I was attracted to a lot of cities."

LeBronJames, like, totally thought a lot of cities were, like, super hot. Heplayed MASH in study hall to figure out which one he should totallyplay for, for real.

• "When you see KG and Ray and Paul and you didn't even understand the guys around them."

Well yeah, it's hard to understand Kendrick Perkins(notes) and Rajon Rondo(notes). They never smile. Open up, fellas.

•"Put the shoe on the other foot. If the Cavs would have got rid of meat one point, would my family burn down the organization? Of coursenot."

This was the biggest laugh of the night for me. I am stillvery happy to know that LeBron's family would have never burned downthe entire Cleveland Cavaliers organization. You have no idea how many nights I've stayed up worrying about that.

• "If I draw a guy and Joel Anthony(notes) is under the rim, he has to make plays."

Iguess this means Joel Anthony is coming back. And since he's going tobe a playmaker, we might as well start calling the Heat the FantasticFour or something like that.

Related: Joel Anthony, Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, LeBron James, Brad Miller, Cleveland Cavaliers, 2010 Free Agency

Another question.

How much $ are they all getting next season?.

Like how much $ do the Heat even have left to fil up the roster?.

I feel this team is gonna be mighty weak with their secondary players.
both him and bosh are getting 110 million while Wade is taking 105 million. James is real saint he took a whole 10 million less than if he would have stayed in Cleveland.
roll.gif

i still cant believe raptors and cavs did sign and trade...they coulda kept those picks if you asked me...heat picks will be very last as they will have outstanding regular seasons

i still cant believe how bad lebron %@@%!+ up his career....

reminds me of dudes on here saying they would sign with jordan brand over nike or any other shoe company because of player edition jordan retros...

this dude could have been the greatest of all time... now he can never be the greatest of all time...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i still cant believe how bad lebron %@@%!+ up his career....

reminds me of dudes on here saying they would sign with jordan brand over nike or any other shoe company because of player edition jordan retros...

this dude could have been the greatest of all time... now he can never be the greatest of all time...
His career isn't even over. 
laugh.gif

If he wins 8 rings in a row and MVP for another 6 years, he still can't be mentioned as one of the greats?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Not saying it's true or not, but one thing I think DJ's should have also wrote, (and I know some of

yall wont because of your agendas) is be objective & consider the source.

Bro, that was some pretty damning information by the CPD....on twitter, they said that's just the "tip" of the iceberg.  All in all, it makes Dan Gilbert look like MORE of a chump for letting Lebron get away with whatever he wanted while a blind-eye was turned.  I think what's going to happen is, all the dirty laundry will be aired....and the folks (and some on NT) who have been SAYING FOR YEARS that the Cavs were a piss-poor run organization (while 9 outta 10 Cleveland fans would defend Lebron/the city/the team/etc), will be PROVEN to be about as close to 100% right as you can get. 

At the end of the day a lot of folks need to look themselves in the mirror and realize that a lot of their morals were compromised because of the defense of a man who they all thought could do no wrong.  When the shoe is on the other foot, you see the callous nature of people who have been wrong through this whole ordeal...but never knew it.  It's no disrespect to Cleveland supporters, but there was an EXTREME sense of entitlement from #23, to the entire organization, to the FANS.  I do feel bad for how things went down, but trust me....there are a lot of folks out there who are enjoying the humble pie you are now being forced to eat. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom