OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD

*not my pic*
someone id'd the finals elites , its amazing how close they are considering the owner made them before the finals elites were previewed

This year it's ALL red. Ordered s pair when they won so hopefully will be in soon.

Have a question, did you use pewter or dark grey on these, or which combination of the two? I really like those, clean colorway, fear pack esque

Gotta say you guys been posting great stuff! look forward to more pics!

Metallic Pewter for both.

Pretty much the closest you can get to the championship packs. There's no gold check that I seen with a diamond swoosh and lace lock only the regular swoosh has gold

Last edited:

Pretty much the closest you can get to the championship packs. There's no gold check that I seen with a diamond swoosh and lace lock only the regular swoosh has gold

Gotta look a little harder fam. I ordered my Champ pair with the diamond gold swoosh and lace lock. Was the first color block top left when selecting colors. Metallic Gold Grain.

Hey DW...did you use black as BOTH colors on the paint speckles? Carbon fiber still looks clean and midsole has perfect amount of speckle.
Yeah I did Black for both sets of speckles.  It does appear on the carbon fiber, but is hardly noticeable.  These were featured on Sole Collector's home page yesterday, a ton of high definition shots were featured in the write up on them if you need to see better, bigger pictures. 

Last edited:
Yeah I did Black for both sets of speckles.  It does appear on the carbon fiber, but is hardly noticeable.  These were featured on Sole Collector's home page yesterday, a ton of high definition shots were featured in the write up on them if you need to see better, bigger pictures. 

Good looks fam! And yes I saw that. My buddy sent me the link and I was like "oh dude has these up on NT I saw these" lol but very cool either way. Thanks for the info.

Well now that the KD 6 are up on iD I think it's safe to say I'm done with the X. I was planning on making one pair of Elite iD's but I lost the interest after seeing what's available on the KD platter. So I'll just give this thread one final recap of my X iD's I did throught the year. Hats off to Nike for delivering with this iD. Lets hope they keep it going with the XI. :pimp:

HWCX Blue
The HWC 8 is one of my favorite Lebrons ever. So this iD was a no brainer.

HWCX Orange
Again, I based these off the HWC 8 V2 orange pair that never released.

Cement X
Inspired by a classic. Jordan cement 4's. Old school meets new school.

China X
Can't have a Bron sig without it's china pair. Inspired by the china 9.

WTXmas
I basically took a little from each past lebron Xmas shoe and mashed it into one. The silver swoosh with the black outline and black tongue was from the Xmas 7, the black speckled midsole and white medial swoosh from the Xmas 8, the white tongue label and and clear sole from the 9, and lastly I took the red liner and green laces and insoles (not pictured) from the Xmas X.

Playoff X
Just wanted something that would represent Lebron the right way. The colors speak for themselves.

Well now that the KD 6 are up on iD I think it's safe to say I'm done with the X. I was planning on making one pair of Elite iD's but I lost the interest after seeing what's available on the KD platter. So I'll just give this thread one final recap of my X iD's I did throught the year. Hats off to Nike for delivering with this iD. Lets hope they keep it going with the XI. :pimp:

HWCX Blue
The HWC 8 is one of my favorite Lebrons ever. So this iD was a no brainer.

HWCX Orange
Again, I based these off the HWC 8 V2 orange pair that never released.

Cement X
Inspired by a classic. Jordan cement 4's. Old school meets new school.

China X
Can't have a Bron sig without it's china pair. Inspired by the china 9.

WTXmas
I basically took a little from each past lebron Xmas shoe and mashed it into one. The silver swoosh with the black outline and black tongue was from the Xmas 7, the black speckled midsole and white medial swoosh from the Xmas 8, the white tongue label and and clear sole from the 9, and lastly I took the red liner and green laces and insoles (not pictured) from the Xmas X.

Playoff X
Just wanted something that would represent Lebron the right way. The colors speak for themselves.

Ah we will miss you Gentry! Was hoping you'd do an Elite iD. I'll have to peep the KD thread for your creations though. I have 3 Elites on their way still. Come back later bro! Lol

here is an alt heat ID i ordered, i wanted to try and place yellow splatter on the shoe. its turning out ok so far, but the splatter on the midsole is so feint that the yellow stands out more. i think the carbon fiber splatter looks really good and i wish i would have just done that and left the midsole alone. i used the same yellow oil based sharpie as dc30

on the other hand it does balance out the orange flywire pretty well. its more like a retro heat colorway since the heat totally removed orange away from their unis and their logo.

i made sure to cover or follow the template set by the original orange splatter which was my second (dominant) splatter. so anywhere you see yellow, was actually orange before.

not quite sure how i feel about them yet. but we'll see...

the medial side isnt done yet. that is the original splatter patern

Last edited:
From Fruity Peebles to Dippin' Dots :lol: They are unlike anything we've seen. Props for trying something different. It's not loud but it's gonna have ppl do a double take.

Gentry, all your Xs are iDs? Very nice man. When are you coming back to doing Kobe iDs though? lol

Thanks guys.
Thapointguy- I went all the way iD on the X with the exception of the Xmas pair that released back in December.

Last edited:
here is an alt heat ID i ordered, i wanted to try and place yellow splatter on the shoe. its turning out ok so far, but the splatter on the midsole is so feint that the yellow stands out more. i think the carbon fiber splatter looks really good and i wish i would have just done that and left the midsole alone. i used the same yellow oil based sharpie as dc30

on the other hand it does balance out the orange flywire pretty well. its more like a retro heat colorway since the heat totally removed orange away from their unis and their logo.

i made sure to cover or follow the template set by the original orange splatter which was my second (dominant) splatter. so anywhere you see yellow, was actually orange before.

not quite sure how i feel about them yet. but we'll see...

the medial side isnt done yet. that is the original splatter patern

Yooooo!! I like these RawDawg, a lot. Nice work with the Sharpie as well. I will be adding black speckles to my alt red and Finals pair once they arrive. Wanted to keep the CF clean so had Nike do no speckle.

Back to your pair though... Fire bro, great idea. Might also be cool if you left a tiny bit of orange on the CF. Just spit balling there though. Maybe leave some orange step back take a look and if no good you can always paint over it.

finished product. thx dc30

i like the finished product. pine sol and a real strong wiping gets rid of the sharpie pretty good. i wanted to change the consistency of a few of the speckles and it worked pretty well (just fyi) it does take a bit of elbow grease though. i didnt cover all of the orange. i just made the orange speckle the more dominant speckle via ID then covered some of them. so its a pretty good consistency. my only gripe is the fact that the speckle on the midsole red and orange isnt as prominent as the yellow. but i'm happy with the finished product.

and you were right dc30, that oil based marker isnt going anywhere anytime soon! :D

i didnt place any yellow just randomly. any yellow you see, is either partially or totally covering a previously orange speckle. i wanted to keep the same consistency.

Last edited:
finished product. thx dc30

i like the finished product. pine sol and a real strong wiping gets rid of the sharpie pretty good. i wanted to change the consistency of a few of the speckles and it worked pretty well (just fyi) it does take a bit of elbow grease though. i didnt cover all of the orange. i just made the orange speckle the more dominant speckle via ID then covered some of them. so its a pretty good consistency. my only gripe is the fact that the speckle on the midsole red and orange isnt as prominent as the yellow. but i'm happy with the finished product.

and you were right dc30, that oil based marker isnt going anywhere anytime soon! :D

i didnt place any yellow just randomly. any yellow you see, is either partially or totally covering a previously orange speckle. i wanted to keep the same consistency.

Yeah man these look great!! Good work too. Thanks to the lady at AC Moore who ran around the store with me 1 shoe in hand helping me find the right marker for this job lol. Much easier when you have a template of original speckles to follow. My Alt red playoff and Finals pair are blank so I might just use my Crimson Elite and try and match that. I thought doubling up on black for both choices would have been too much but DW's pair up a few posts looks great.

Dude get some more pics up. Did you take any before shots?

Back
Top Bottom